News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

aladdin2007

I would prefer if they would make the ride more wetter. Drench the guests at the drop. Add more water effects.

Also, listening to the soundtrack of the movie, it really fits the ride especially the "rolling down the bayou" song.

I was trying to find that song so I could hear it but I dont see a track with that title on the soundtrack?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Let me ask, did you read that out loud before you posted it? Lol

We would all like to think it, but man o man, it sure is a stretch.

I'd like to think so. The only person I'm responsible for - is me. I can say that I haven't had that problem but for a few times - many, many years ago. There are responsible people out there. And I'm not getting on a "high horse". There are many, many responsible people. But just because the vocal/obnoxious minority can't deal with the ability to drink responsibly in public - why does everyone else get penalized?

Captain Neo

A big problem I have with modern Disney "enhancing" attractions. Is they remove richly themed sets and replace them with these barren open rooms with an 1 really advanced AA or two and some video screens behind them in the back. Best example of this is when they replaced Maelstrom with Frozen ever after the richly themed and immersive scene where your boat is ambushed by trolls went from this:

Maelstrom.jpg

to this:

Frozen.jpg

and this isn't something I want to see keep happening to any attraction much less splash mountain! It feels like im riding through a showroom at Ikea or some tech demonstration at a convention

erasure fan1

I’ll just say that I think setting the story after the film ends is limiting them creatively. This means no Tiana and Naveen as frogs, and perhaps most criminally, no way to include Dr. Facilier and the amazing Friends on the Other Side song and imagery.
Agreed. I'd take it one step further and say that the whole rerheme is limiting. I've said for a long time that PatF could make a great ride. I just don't think the way they are going about this equals success. My whole family said, "it's set after the movie? That's terrible, what about Ray, and Facilier, and no frogs?" I too hope I am wrong, I just do not have a lot of faith in Disney on this one.

SweetDuffy101

Don’t do it Japan
Dont worry Princess and the Frog Bombed at the Box Office, So If they're going to change the ride they need to change the Entire Theme land due to Connected everything with Splash.

If were talking about IP, We could see a Moana or Zootopia or Pocahontas type of ride or anything that connects a western theme.

Phineas

Agreed. I'd take it one step further and say that the whole rerheme is limiting. I've said for a long time that PatF could make a great ride. I just don't think the way they are going about this equals success. My whole family said, "it's set after the movie? That's terrible, what about Ray, and Facilier, and no frogs?" I too hope I am wrong, I just do not have a lot of faith in Disney on this one.
I forgot about Ray’s...inability to be in the ride if it’s to take place after the film. They really need to rethink this.

erasure fan1

I'd like to think so. The only person I'm responsible for - is me. I can say that I haven't had that problem but for a few times - many, many years ago. There are responsible people out there. And I'm not getting on a "high horse". There are many, many responsible people. But just because the vocal/obnoxious minority can't deal with the ability to drink responsibly in public - why does everyone else get penalized?
I agree. I don't drink so I have no real horse in the race. But one things for sure, the bad apples spoil it for the bunch more often than not. You shouldn't be penalized, Disney should immediately kick anyone out of the park that is acting out of bounds. But I have no faith in Disney to do that.

Captain Neo

It's possible (though unlikely) that the reason its set after the movie is to try and save the America Sings AA's since none of those are in the movie (they werent in song of the south either but Marc Davis created both so they kind of blended + the rabbit/foxes/frogs looked the same). I guess they can explain all the AAs as having all New Orleans fall under a curse or something?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
A big problem I have with modern Disney "enhancing" attractions. Is they remove richly themed sets and replace them with these barren open rooms with an 1 really advanced AA or two and some video screens behind them in the back. Best example of this is when they replaced Maelstrom with Frozen ever after the richly themed and immersive scene where your boat is ambushed by trolls went from this:

View attachment 479936

to this:

View attachment 479940

and this isn't something I want to see keep happening to any attraction much less splash mountain! It feels like im riding through a showroom at Ikea or some tech demonstration at a convention

This is among my biggest concerns about this whole situation.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, how long did the GMR/MMRR retheme take from announcement to closure to finish? Just trying to do the math in my head so I can gauge how long this could take

disneygeek90

Just out of curiosity, how long did the GMR/MMRR retheme take from announcement to closure to finish? Just trying to do the math in my head so I can gauge how long this could take
July 2017 announcement > August 2017 closure > March 2020 MMRR opening. Though from what I understand there was a several month delay due to Galaxy’s Edge work also being done.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
July 2017 announcement > March 2020 for MMRR opening. Though from what I understand there was a several month delay due to Galaxy’s Edge work also being done.
I'm going to assume (keep that word in mind) Splash goes down in 2022/3 (Possible delay due to GotG, Rat, all of EPCOT, ect... keeping Disney on a tight wire) and reopens 2025/26 ish. Feel free to correct if need be

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I'm going to assume (keep that word in mind) Splash goes down in 2022/3 (Possible delay due to GotG, Rat, all of EPCOT, ect... will be keeping Disney on a tight wire) and reopens 2025/26 ish. Feel free to correct if need be
I have no information but I’d be surprised if it was still running in 2022.

Phineas

If I had to guess, the reason it is set after the movie is because of one big complaint about the movie. The first African American Princess, and she spends 90% of the movie as a frog.
And I absolutely agree with that complaint. At the same time though...I feel like not including Tiana and Naveen as frogs at all ignores the “and the Frog” portion of the IP.

Maybe the queue will retell the original story and utilize the area occupied by Brer Frog’s cabin.

And if not, I have years ahead of me to utilize the hilarious line: “Hey guys, you wanna go ride “Princess And?”

Comedy Gold.

Magic Feather

I'm struggling to think of how we could fit a full scale Mama Odie's scene and Other Side Scene in this attraction. Both seem like they would be shoe-ins for the Laughing Place/Lift Hill Section.

While likely the unpopular opinion, if only one could be picked, I'd rather it go to Mama Odie (I'd probably structure it as "Goin' Down the Bayou to replace how do you do, some plot sections between there and Laughing place/Mama Odie, Down in New Orleans for the Riverboat Finale. Use some instrumentals from the Evangeline song for the build up at the beggining and "denouement.")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom