News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MythBuster

Disney has not cut a budget after the fact in over a decade. The items that get cut between Feasibility and opening are not cut because the budget was reduced but to make money available for other items that are costing more.

That's too funny! Obviously, you haven't worked on the same projects as me.

_caleb

I'm sure they will remove all the old AA figures, they are trying to get away from the old hydraulic AA's, hopefully they will install some of the new style AA's.

They will gut the old ride control system and install the new Safety PLC system.
I figured the AAs from Splash Mountain had clockwork that needed to be wound up with a key every morning.

TJJohn12

I'm hoping we get a "real" (well close to real) type New Orleans themed sit down TS restaurant out of this. One with a togo window that serves Hurricanes.

I was with you until the Hurricanes... I'm not all that hot on encouraging Bourbon Street-style open container behavior on the south end of Frontierland. But converting Pecos Bills over to something akin to Disneyland's French Market would be great. I fear another table service on that side of the park might be a bit of overkill though - keep it counter service.

Also, just a hat tip to the hard work of our admins the last 48 hours. You guys rock.

TJJohn12

They will gut the old ride control system and install the new Safety PLC system.

Really hoping they take this opportunity to revise the catwalks and maintenance areas to let lighting adjustment happen more easily in the new ride. We've heard for years that the catwalks are an OSHA nightmare and that's the chief reason the show has looked so bad for years (unfocused and misaligned lighting, etc.).

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm not all that hot on encouraging Bourbon Street-style open container behavior on the south end of Frontierland.

South end of Frontierland is the sacred ground? I can walk around with an adult beverage in Epcot. Can walk around with one in Studios. Can even walk around with one in Animal Kingdom.

Why does walking around the Magic Kingdom with an open beverage suddenly advocate a "Bourbon Street-style" ambiance? I'd like to think that adults on vacation in a family friendly theme-park would know how to moderate and control their behavior. Or is everyone that drinks - "an obnoxious drunk"?

Disneyfan11099

Do you think Disney could also do the re-theme of splash mountain to have the story line be like the dark ride at Six Flags over Georgia which used to also be a ride based on the stories of uncle Remus

Phineas

Since they’re going through with this wise and not at all misguided plan...

I’ll just say that I think setting the story after the film ends is limiting them creatively. This means no Tiana and Naveen as frogs, and perhaps most criminally, no way to include Dr. Facilier and the amazing Friends on the Other Side song and imagery. Imagine an AA of Facilier with an animated projection of his independent shadow dancing behind him.

I just don’t see how the final drop will feel ominous and built up to, rather than a feeling of “Welp, there’s a lift hill. Ride must be almost over.”

That, and I don’t trust current management to do justice to the gorgeous and immersive physical sets and AAs that currently reside in Chickapin Hill.

I’d absolutely love to be wrong here.

999th Happy Haunt

I’ll just say that I think setting the story after the film ends is limiting them creatively. This means no Tiana and Naveen as frogs, and perhaps most criminally, no way to include Dr. Facilier and the amazing Friends on the Other Side song and imagery. Imagine an AA of Facilier with an animated projection of his independent shadow dancing behind him.

I just don’t see how the final drop will feel ominous and built up to, rather than a feeling of “Welp, there’s a lift hill. Ride must be almost over.”

That, and I don’t trust current management to do justice to the gorgeous and immersive physical sets and AAs that currently reside in Chickapin Hill.

I’ll be shocked if Facilier isn’t in the ride somehow. The potential with his shadow projection mapping and “Are you ready?” on the lift hill have to be too much for Disney to pass up.

Phineas

I’ll be shocked if Facilier isn’t in the ride somehow. The potential with his shadow projection mapping and “Are you ready?” on the lift hill have to be too much for Disney to pass up.
I agree, I just wonder how they’ll justify his existence if they’re dead-set on it taking place after the film.

That entire scene is just stunningly created, with gorgeous colors that pop from the screen. It practically warrants a dark ride by itself.

Kate F

I agree, I just wonder how they’ll justify his existence if they’re dead-set on it taking place after the film.

That entire scene is just stunningly created, with gorgeous colors that pop from the screen. It practically warrants a dark ride by itself.
Uh oh, looks like they need to go back to the drawing board and maybe reconsider this whole thing...(I need as much hope as I can get)

Ravenclaw78

I'll be very, very surprised if the plot doesn't involve Dr. Facilier breaking back into the "real" world to wreak havoc on Tiana's Mardi Gras plans, culminating in the flat bayou suddenly turning into a lift hill to the tune of "Are You Ready".

Phineas

I'll be very, very surprised if the plot doesn't involve Dr. Facilier breaking back into the "real" world to wreak havoc on Tiana's Mardi Gras plans, culminating in the flat bayou suddenly turning into a lift hill to the tune of "Are You Ready".
I do hope you’re right, and that the retheme is as plot-driven as Splash Mountain.

lazyboy97o

Frozen Ever After nonsensically rehashes songs from before. Continuity will likely not matter.

MaximumEd

Do you think Disney could also do the re-theme of splash mountain to have the story line be like the dark ride at Six Flags over Georgia which used to also be a ride based on the stories of uncle Remus

Since it used to be called “Monster Plantation”, I’m gonna guess no.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Frozen Ever After nonsensically rehashes songs from before. Continuity will likely not matter.

Rehashes Songs?

1593302766153.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom