News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Surferboy567

Actually no, I'm actually impressed with how expressive and lifelike the AAs for the ride are so far. Newer footage of the AAs were shown off during "The Imaginerring Story" on Disney+ in a later episode.

I think most of the AA’s are awesome. I can’t pinpoint though why Belle on the chair just seems off. Maybe it’s the eyes? I don’t have a problem with any other AA’s from that project.

Robbiem

It will be interesting to see what happens there are large areas of Splash with few animatronic, the outside sections and the laughing place areas spring to mind. If you really wanted to plus the ride use the sindbad style animatronics and maybe led backgrounds like they used on the mandalorian to create a really immersive next generation experience

DDLand

Think Frozen, back and forth of both. Much fo the ride's scenary will be the same such as the finale number post drop.
I think the Frozen ride is exactly what they are looking to do with Splash Mountain. The stories are roughly analogous. We have the royals throwing a party. This party will take you to some of the most important locations and scenes from the movies. It’s an evolution of the book report ride. Instead of just doing a book report, there are contrived reasons for why the book report makes sense in the current context. “We’re visiting the Ice Palace” and “we’re getting ready to throw Mardi Gras” are the common connective threads. The execution will be similar, with the Tiana and Louis saying “come on down to Mardi Gras.” Then all the characters will be like “sounds cool” as they sing songs from the movie. The big question is whether or not they include voodoo. Last we saw the Dr. he didn’t seem very accessible, but it will be interesting if they try to bring him back.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if there are dramatically fewer audio-animatronics.
Doubt it, the days of AA heavy attraction at the Disney Parks are over (at least in the US). The Sinbad ride at Tokyo was the most recent Disney attraction with a huge amount of AAs.

There is some hope with the upcoming BATB ride at Tokyo (mainly from preview footage)
giphy.gif

tumblr_pjduq9IuQ81wzypxlo10_500.gifv

ThisFoolhardyHyena-size_restricted.gif

However since we're not in Tokyo, expect the AAs to be around the quality of The Little Mermaid ride.

Don’t forget about Ride and Go Seek! :)

celluloid

I know this is years down the line either way, but I wonder if they'll attempt to get most set pieces ready before they shut down Splash for its overhaul.

With construction yes, large set pieces are always prefabbed and later put in the show building or structure. Much of the larger things are going to be easy to remain and redressed. Laughing Place scene is going to change the most visually. That is going to be the shadow/voodoo dark area.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I could see them closing it Early 2021, reopening by the end of the 50th as one of the last of the 50 things they are doing. If they are ambitious enough.
It seems like with them only having worked on this “since last year” which could mean 7 months ago, and then only releasing a very rough concept, that there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done. Don’t major overhauls take years from concept to execution? Or can they really accelerate that much?

jt04

Yes very likely will still be open

I was hoping they were going all out and trying for a 2021 completion but budget likely an issue. Wish they were more aggressive once a decision is made. It will be odd if this is offline during the 50th but at least it's happening.🎶🎺🎷👑🎆

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

It seems like with them only having worked on this “since last year” which could mean 7 months ago, and then only releasing a very rough concept, that there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done. Don’t major overhauls take years from concept to execution? Or can they really accelerate that much?

You're probably right.

Surferboy567

Given the way they seem to go about framing the project...I can see them accelerating this.

Otamin

This ride has the chance to be truly fantastic, but I’m not convinced the Disney of today will be able to make a ride that can match or surpass the original (although I hope I’m proven wrong). If we were living in the days of Eisner/Wells I wouldn’t be as concerned, but the Disney of today will want to do this on the cheap.

My main hope is that a lot elements/animatronics from the original are retained/retooled, and whilst it’s a minor thing I hope the name remains the same (or at least retains Splash Mountain in the name, even if that’s not looking likely at the moment).

We know Tony Baxter is advising on it (to what extent remains to be seen), so hopefully he can ensure that this will be a worthy replacement to the original.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Posted a similar thread over on Imagineering but here are my thoughts:

Well thought out and certainly sounds quite plausible. I realize it is extremely unlikely, but wouldn't it be great if they enclosed the main/final drop and somehow the plot involved Dr. Facilier for some reason taking you 'up' somewhere and then at the top you were rescued and the drop was falling back to earth into Lake Pontchartrain and then floating up to the city at night with all the fireflies lit and then moving to the final show scene you were actually in the parade? I know it's thoroughly unrealistic, but I can dream, right?

Surferboy567

Well thought out and certainly sounds quite plausible. I realize it is extremely unlikely, but wouldn't it be great if they enclosed the main/final drop and somehow the plot involved Dr. Facilier for some reason taking you 'up' somewhere and then at the top you were rescued and the drop was falling back to earth into Lake Pontchartrain and then floating up to the city at night with all the fireflies lit and then moving to the final show scene you were actually in the parade? I know it's thoroughly unrealistic, but I can dream, right?

I actually thought about something like this, but given the concept it’s Mama Ode’s House. So I think having the AA of her right before the final drop makes sense then after passing people view your reaction. The way back into the final show scene could be done like you described. Enclosed with fireflies and a bayou setting...that could be very special escipally with runaway Railway quality projections.

Smooth

I 've been wondering if the ride would be shortened in anyway? It seems a lot of attraction overlays go that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom