News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

DisneyHead123

Another "surely" fallacy...

"Surely Disney would be forthcoming about a timeline and their intentions and lay out exactly what's happening when, otherwise, surely, they're hiding something!!"

I never used the word "surely", because evidence is not an all or nothing proposition. One piece of evidence points in a particular direction. Additional pieces either support the first or make that case weaker.

If I kept asking my boss about a promotion and they kept not getting back to me, for example, or just replying "No, I don't think this particular position is right for you" when an opening was available... well, I'd probably conclude they weren't enthused about the idea. Of course that's not the only possibility - but their reticence would make it look increasingly likely. Similarly, Disney's actions don't make a lot of sense if there is pressure for them to proceed here and they are planning on proceeding anyways. Why create unnecessary conflict for themselves by not announcing the plans they already have - if they have them?

Again, not the only possibility. Maybe it's just the grinding gears of bureaucracy. Maybe they're saving it for some kind of flashy announcement at a particular time. But at the moment, they're the boss who just keeps saying "Yeeeeah, that promotion... we'll talk about that later..."

DisneyHead123

I know people in this space don't like this attraction (and I don't know why, even as someone who DOES NOT like Beauty and the Beast AT ALL think that it's absolutely lovely), but we had some footage of the AA's being made for it long before anything else. We had some proof of it happening. We had more than two pieces of art. (and, yes, I know that this was both pre-pandemic and with an OLC budget). Disney being so cagey about this is honestly suspicious. What are you hiding there, bro?!

Yeah, the view from the outside is that there is at least minor chaos / shakeup at Disney these days. Between exec musical chairs, unprecedented customer dissatisfaction, the Genie+ debacle, labor / supply shortages, drama with the Florida government, it seems as if they are in a bit of disarray. My suspicion is not that they're shelving this project but that no one knows what to do with it so it's probably a game of "Not it!".

Dear Prudence

Of all the bad decisions surrounding this ride, duplicating and reskinning some of the Belle animatronics isn't necessarily one of them. We'll see, it largely depends on the quality of their exterior skins. The Belle AA's are quite high quality, much moreso than either the Little Mermaid figures or the facial projected Frozen ones for instance. If it means the AA's end up more in line with the quality of Tokyo's BATB figures, some recycling in this case might not necessarily be a bad thing.

But again, I don't have any hope for this project in general. Including the quality of the very few AA's it will actually have.
I am just worried that we aren't getting Toyko-quality animatronics. Even the Frozen ones were not in the era of attractions with no lights working through 75% of the ride, whole attractions not working, dirty, filthy parks, etc. Does that make sense?

SailorMercury

It's obvious that the new re-theme will be based on the upcoming Tiana Disney+ series, which will create the synergy that the company wants among its many spokes. No doubt Tiana will encounter a mountain and a few new animal friends on the TV show. I can't wait for the re-theme if only to shut the subject down.
Like we’ve said, this is the next Horizons. No one will ever shut up about the retheme. There will be people crying for their bunny and fox to come back forever.

Dear Prudence

People are never going to shut up about this retheme. Ever. And that includes people who are using it as clickbait for their bad SF Gate articles or people using it as a personality trait and acting like they are One of The Good Ones and Not Like Other Girls.

People have legitimately the strangest flexes.

Sir_Cliff

MK is, in my opinion, a great location for Muppets. I actually believe muppets are probably one of the extremely few IPs that could be integrated in any of the parks.
I agree. One of the few IP additions that was universally (well, apart from one poster) well-received was the Muppets Great Moments in American History show in Liberty Square. They really should bring that back.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I agree. One of the few IP additions that was universally (well, apart from one poster) well-received was the Muppets Great Moments in American History show in Liberty Square. They really should bring that back.
Agreed. That, and the Christmas song bus show at Disneyland, and the muppet mobile lab, prove that muppets are one of the greatest forms of streetmosphere entertainment at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom