News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
You'd think. And who knows, perhaps it will be.

A table service Tiana's Palace would almost certainly become one of the hottest reservations on property. Throw in some live jazz music, appearances by Tiana and Louis, a big picture window along the back with "waterfront" views . . . something like that would print money.
They'll do this in Disneyland, but there's no way in ["the other side"] that they put more effort into the WDW version of this. It's already making them cringe that the existing rides are so different. Frankly, the idea that WDI is struggling with the notion of disrupting timelines is the most hopeful news I've heard about this not being a done deal for WDW.

yensidtlaw1969

They'll do this in Disneyland, but there's no way in ["the other side"] that they put more effort into the WDW version of this. It's already making them cringe that the existing rides are so different. Frankly, the idea that WDI is struggling with the notion of disrupting timelines is the most hopeful news I've heard about this not being a done deal for WDW.
Disneyland doesn't have the room - and New Orleans Square is already overflowing with restaurants that feature what would be comparable menu items and stylings.

I really, really doubt that WDI is "struggling" with a disrupted timeline in Frontierland. As has already been said, Splash Mountain itself is a disruption of that timeline, and they've shown repeatedly across the resort that such sensitivity is at most a distant afterthought these days.

The idea of putting Princess and the Frog into Frontierland is about as thematically appropriate as putting Frozen into the Norway Pavilion. But since we all know how that turned out, I recommend you not get your hopes up.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Disneyland doesn't have the room - and New Orleans Square is already overflowing with restaurants that feature what would be comparable menu items and stylings.

I really, really doubt that WDI is "struggling" with a disrupted timeline in Frontierland. As has already been said, Splash Mountain itself is a disruption of that timeline, and they've shown repeatedly across the resort that such sensitivity is at most a distant afterthought these days.

The idea of putting Princess and the Frog into Frontierland is about as thematically appropriate as putting Frozen into the Norway Pavilion. But since we all know how that turned out, I recommend you not get your hopes up.
Oh no, I'm not getting my hopes up. Disney has been crushing my theme park dreams for at least the last ten years, and there is no relief in sight.

And in DL, I was imagining them retheming one of the existing restaurants into Tiana's Palace. Probably as minimally as possible.

I'm convinced that if/when this happens, it will be a huge disappointment to pretty much everyone except those who are determined to defend it at all costs. It will disappoint Splash Mountain devotees because it rethemes their favorite attraction. It will disappoint those who care about giving PatF a satisfying presence in the parks because its budget will be so small that there is no way the ride could knock anyone's socks off. It will also disappoint those who are simply looking for Disney to create an attraction that is fully up to the standards they have been largely missing (with a few exceptions) in WDW for the last twenty years.

TheMaxRebo

they just refurbed Blue Bayou so I don't see them changing that. Could update Cafe Orleans with some minor theming

They already have the PatF themed restaurant on the Disney Wonder so could just source more of the plates and cutlery, etc and some decor and call it a day

bryanfze55

they just refurbed Blue Bayou so I don't see them changing that. Could update Cafe Orleans with some minor theming

They already have the PatF themed restaurant on the Disney Wonder so could just source more of the plates and cutlery, etc and some decor and call it a day
Cafe Orleans genuinely looks like it could be “Tiana’s Palace”, so while I think it’s a long shot, it’s not unfathomable that they could change it.

Once upon a time, I would have protested given that Cafe Orleans is a Disneyland staple, opening over 50 years ago… but it’s honestly become a shell of its former self, with vastly decreased portion sizes despite rapid price hikes, as well as mediocre service.

Blue Bayou suffers from the same problems, but there’s no way they will change that restaurant. That truly is a “staple.”

French Market remains the best dining value on property, in my opinion. While it could be rethemed to PatF, it would feel a little odd having “Tiana’s Palace” be a quick service.

RSoxNo1

Cafe Orleans genuinely looks like it could be “Tiana’s Palace”, so while I think it’s a long shot, it’s not unfathomable that they could change it.

Once upon a time, I would have protested given that Cafe Orleans is a Disneyland staple, opening over 50 years ago… but it’s honestly become a shell of its former self, with vastly decreased portion sizes despite rapid price hikes, as well as mediocre service.

Blue Bayou suffers from the same problems, but there’s no way they will change that restaurant. That truly is a “staple.”

French Market remains the best dining value on property, in my opinion. While it could be rethemed to PatF, it would feel a little odd having “Tiana’s Palace” be a quick service.
If they get rid of the monte christo sandwich I will lose it.

Sir_Cliff

I think they already announced they were bringing an outlet of the New Orleans restaurant Dooky Chase to DL as part of the PatF redo of Splash. So, they will be squeezing that in there somewhere and Tiana's Place is not on the cards.

They pointedly said Disneyland and didn't mention WDW, so who knows if there are any plans for a Tiana's Place at MK. As others have said, you'd think a table service Tiana's Place would a license to print money at MK, but that doesn't mean they'll find the budget for it.

bryanfze55

Barring a takeover by the Oriental Land Co., the Splash animatronics stateside will never be in great shape. It’s still far preferable to what is likely coming down the pipe.

My upcoming trip in two weeks is likely the last time I’ll be able to ride Splash. We’ll embrace it and move on, as life requires.

GustoGummi

I still stand by this sketch I did summer 2020, suggesting that the Splash queue and exit area beyond the Railroad Tracks be redressed as a mini New Orleans courtyard with a walk-up Beignet Window and Tiana's Palace sit-down restaurant built where the current restrooms are:

View attachment 643196
I hate that you posted this, because I love it. As much as I hate them changing Splash to PATF this looks fantastic and now it will never look like this due to legal reasons.

Dan Deesnee

I still maintain that this is definitely happening in Disneyland, but possibly not happening in WDW.

Closing down a headliner attraction for 2 years in the run up to the opening of Epic Universe, while then sieging 50-100 million+ on this just makes very little sense.

And no, they don't have to do it because they said they would. It will just be added to the growing list of dead projects...

FettFan

And no, they don't have to do it because they said they would. It will just be added to the growing list of dead projects...

Yep.

world-celebration-concept-art-700x394.jpg

Disney Analyst

I still maintain that this is definitely happening in Disneyland, but possibly not happening in WDW.

Closing down a headliner attraction for 2 years in the run up to the opening of Epic Universe, while then sieging 50-100 million+ on this just makes very little sense.

It’s happening at both 😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom