News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

LittleBuford

I don't know how problematic they found it, it was successful enough to make a ride out of, as well as many childrens books including one my dad used to read me as a child. That sentimentalism may possibly influence my decision but It just kinda sucks because I really miss my dad and this is kinda like another thing we shared that's dying. My dad always just told me that it was a southern accent and since I've never been to the south outside of Disney World and the version of it in Cypress Gardens (now Legoland), I just assumed that's how it was.

There is still a lot I don't know about the behind the scenes of the original movie, but I feel like the characters could be used in a different way
I don’t think liking the stories makes someone racist. I myself watched the film multiple times growing up and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only point I’m trying to make is that the film has come with baggage from the outset, and Disney has apparently given up on trying to work around this troubled legacy.

Dear Prudence

Frozen came out in 2013; the ride opened in 2016. I suppose that’s technically “years”, but hardly the long time implied by your post.
That's actually a relatively short turn around window, and since Frozen hasn't ceased being popular by any means, it's foolish to pretend this wasn't a sound choice. It wasn't a dead IP and it's still not, especially with the sequel.

UNCgolf

That's actually a relatively short turn around window, and since Frozen hasn't ceased being popular by any means, it's foolish to pretend this wasn't a sound choice. It wasn't a dead IP and it's still not, especially with the sequel.

It was a bad choice, because they didn't give one of their most popular IPs a good ride with decent capacity.

Even if you think FEA is a good ride (I think it's pretty bad), it still has abysmal capacity for something that was basically guaranteed to draw high crowds due to IP popularity -- I think it can only handle roughly 1000 people per hour (it may be slightly higher, but it's the lowest capacity ride at EPCOT), which means only around 25% of EPCOT visitors can ride it on any given day.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

It was a bad choice, because they didn't give one of their most popular IPs a good ride with decent capacity.

Even if you think FEA is a good ride (I think it's pretty bad), it still has abysmal capacity for something that was basically guaranteed to draw high crowds due to IP popularity -- I think it can only handle roughly 1000 people per hour (it may be slightly higher, but it's the lowest capacity ride at EPCOT), which means only around 25% of EPCOT visitors can ride it on any given day.
Plus they put it in the wrong park......

Animaniac93-98

Plus they put it in the wrong park......

I think they learned their lesson, since Frozen at HKDL, WDSP and TDS will be in a dedicated land with a ride that presumably will have higher capacity.

WDW just got stuck with the worst of both, and the decision has only aged worse with time.

Cesar R M

I think they learned their lesson, since Frozen at HKDL, WDSP and TDS will be in a dedicated land with a ride that presumably will have higher capacity.

WDW just got stuck with the worst of both, and the decision has only aged worse with time.
WDW has been getting mostly clones lately.
I mean... only original seems to be Guardians lately.. and maybe mickey's runaway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom