News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

PizzaPlanet

Yes, the original intent of Liberty Square into Frontierland is fantastic execution. The problem is, that's going to be diluted. It happens with adding or changing attractions to any highly themed area, the story of the land gets bent to suite the new needs.
Which brings us back around to simply replacing old attractions with ones that better fit the existing area. To me that seems a whole lot simpler than redesigning entrie areas of the park, but I digress.

RSoxNo1

Which brings us back around to simply replacing old attractions with ones that better fit the existing area. To me that seems a whole lot simpler than redesigning entrie areas of the park, but I digress.
I agree, but today's Disney comes up with the concept first and the location second. The result is the dilution of themes. If they're going to put things where they don't belong, re-do the area and make it so it's something that does belong in the area. Also, monte cristos.

Last edited:

Texas84

Not quite true. The highest point in New Orleans is Monkey Hill.

But Monkey Hill was manmade thanks to a WPA canal dredging project back in the Depression. They needed somewhere to dump the mud and debris from the canals, so they chose Audubon Park. It was essentially a 30' tall landfill.

MonkeyHillNOLA1938-300x300.jpg

And now it's a lush playground within Audubon Zoo.
monkey-hill-600.jpg
In that case, I'll just pretend the new Splash is built on to the side of a Highway 90 overpass.

Texas84

Already been said several times that there ain't no mountain in SotS, just a small hill which is more of a mound.

There ain't no flood or river journey in SotS.

The actual ride is not mountainous, it's only a 50' drop.

The drop in the ride represents being thrown into a briar patch, it is not meant to represent plunging down a mountainous river.

The name of the ride can (and most likely will) drop the "Mountain" appellation (which it shouldn't have had from the beginning, but was given just to mirror Space Mountain's name).
There are no 50' drops in southern Louisiana. Unless you jump off the Crescent City bridge.

PizzaPlanet

I agree, but today's Disney comes up with the concept first and the location second. The result is the dilution of themes. If they're going to put things where they don't belong, re-do the area and make it so it's something that does belong in the area. Also, monte cristos.
I have no idea what a Monte Cristo is, but I'm sure you can already get a better tasting and less expensive one off property. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom