News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They didn't mention it in the press release, but I could have swore in one of the interviews after the press release someone asked about Tokyo and they said this was for the US parks.
I don't remember that at all.

I remember insiders claiming OLC said they weren't going to change it.

But then again, OLC just decided to change Space Mountain...

Kirby86

I don't remember that at all.

I remember insiders claiming OLC said they weren't going to change it.

But then again, OLC just decided to change Space Mountain...
Honestly since it's been so long I honestly could have mixed up what I've read from official press releases to what the insiders have been saying. Rereading the OG press release though the Retheme still looks like it's only happening in the US Parks or at the very least that's all they announced.

tanc

it was never officially stated that Splash would be changed in Tokyo or even explicitly talked about. It has just been "insiders" saying that Tokyo apparently refused to do it even after Disney's best sales pitch. Time will only tell what will happen.

MagicHappens1971

Hypothetically speaking, not that I foresee this happening, but if Disney wanted OLC to close/redo splash mountain couldnt they revoke the license of the SoTS characters ? And obviously this doesn’t mean they would change it to PATF or anything like that but just saying

UNCgolf

I don’t think so. Disney licenses their characters to OLC, my point was that I’m 99% sure if Disney wants splash closed/redone to be rid of SoTS, they could have it done.

Even if they did have an avenue (and I have no idea if they do), it would still require torpedoing their relationship with OLC by forcing them to do something they don't want to do. I don't think Disney is interested in that.

MagicHappens1971

Even if they did have an avenue (and I have no idea if they do), it would still require torpedoing their relationship with OLC by forcing them to do something they don't want to do. I don't think Disney is interested in that.
I wasn’t suggesting they would I was just curious as to if it was a possibility

Basil of Baker Street

Was watching Emperors New Groove last night. This reminded me of Splash. Change all the animatronics to llamas and squirrels.
Boom. Done.
maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom