News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

aladdin2007

I'd say there is no chance of it leaving. Especially when there are large steamboat scenes in the film. It is the perfect set piece for a finale.

This...., Im sure they will just stick Tiana and Naveen up there to wave goodbye to you as you float by, just like mermaid and others do now (making every attraction too much the same in my opinion but thats what they go for now. anything "ever after" ) :rolleyes:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Yup. I might pass out if this ends up something more than just a mediocre overlay. I'd wager a good bet, that a lot of props/set pieces, get reused in the name of saving cash.

I'd bet it's even less than what you think. Why reuse when the cheaper move is to just remove.

Last edited:

celluloid

I agree, I was really just talking the set pieces and props, not any of the character AAs. I'm sure Disney has been itching to kill the heavy AA aspect of Splash.

And how sad of a condition are things going to be for the remainder of it's time? If it does remain open for awhile, It will get pretty ugly. It has not looked it's best in recent times, especially pre ZipLock, which tells me either Disney really had not planned this that long ago or it was it's last chance ala TMC GMR to appease execs

MickeyMouse10

I was thinking about the American Waterfront at Tokyo DisneySea. There are two themed areas, Cape Cod and New York Harbor. If Liberty Square and Frontierland merged to become the American Waterfront, then the front could remain Boston Harbor and Frontierland could be reimagined to transition into New Orleans Square.

I got to disagree on that one.

I don't think it works for Magic Kingdom because they are the ORIGINAL CLASSIC lands for Disney World. If a new park was opening, sure make up whatever lands and connections you want that works thematically. But replacing the O.G.'s would be like p*ssing on grandma's grave.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

I don't think it works for Magic Kingdom because they are the ORIGINAL CLASSIC lands for Disney World. If a new park was opening, sure make up whatever lands and connections you want that works thematically. But replacing the O.G.'s would be like p*ssing on grandma's grave.

Pretty much.

I was thinking about the American Waterfront at Tokyo DisneySea. There are two themed areas, Cape Cod and New York Harbor. If Liberty Square and Frontierland merged to become the American Waterfront, then the front could remain Boston Harbor and Frontierland could be reimagined to transition into New Orleans Square.

This is more or less just a rename of lands, I think. Doesn't really address much else unless it's purpose is to "baby steps" us into a larger overhaul of eliminating things. A rename would be OK, IMO so long as the Old West motifs nearest Big Thunder remains in check and much of Liberty remains unscathed. In short, Liberty still needs to look like Liberty and Frontierland (at least the part near Big Thunder) an idealized view of Western Expansion.

For real change; I think it obvious to most anyone that HoP and CBJ are becoming more and more problematic, which might be what is being hinted at with the rename ideas. But instead of renaming lands, why not just address those attractions? Replacing HoP with a Sleepy Hollow
attraction, edit CBJ and replacing Frontierland shooting gallery.

As for Splash (Oh, Hi Tiana!) it seems we are mostly in agreement about the need to have Frontierland transition into a new, New Orleans Square area as a possible fix to address somewhat disharmonious themes. But the base question remains... how would TDO/WDI do that? And will they?

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Splash would have to be in a more generalized "Bayou District" and not New Orleans Square as has been discussed. Why? because none of the other themed areas are named after specific towns or states. But we're getting off topic now.

Last edited:

KaliSplash

I agree, I was really just talking the set pieces and props, not any of the character AAs. I'm sure Disney has been itching to kill the heavy AA aspect of Splash.
You mean like the million dollar bunny? as one cast member put it to me years ago referring to the hop a long as you make the turn and vanish in time to reappear for the next log. :)

jt04

Eyeroll.😏

You are assuming they would never move the western motif elsewhere. Disneyland is thriving with the placement of Galaxy's Edge. Research is enlightening.💡

jt04

Yes, good idea. 😀 But rivers rather than ocean harbors. The MK vegetation compliments the concept very well. The more I think about the possibilities the better it gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom