News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

tanc

I was thinking, given that Splash has horrible maintenance, what are the chances in 30 years it gets rethemed again? If they didn't take care of it the first time, what makes you think they'll properly retain it when they retheme it.

DisneyDodo

I was thinking, given that Splash has horrible maintenance, what are the chances in 30 years it gets rethemed again? If they didn't take care of it the first time, what makes you think they'll properly retain it when they retheme it.
30 years is a very long time. It wouldn’t imply the PatF retheme was catastrophic if it lasted 30 years. That’s how long DHS has been around and not a single opening-day attraction remains.

UNCgolf

30 years is a very long time. It wouldn’t imply the PatF retheme was catastrophic if it lasted 30 years. That’s how long DHS has been around and not a single opening-day attraction remains.

The awful version of Imagination is well on its way to lasting 30 years, and I think I'd take all of those opening day DHS attractions over what's replaced them.

Your overall point remains, though -- if the PatF retheme lasts 30 years, it was probably doing just fine.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20211210-173135_Instagram.jpg

tanc

So when are we expecting any real update this year? During D23 at this rate? Amazes me how you can announce a project this big in magnitude but then provide barely any substantial information about it for a year and a half.

Purely speculation, but I saw this:

Not sure if it really means anything or if this is more of just a financial review event.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So when are we expecting any real update this year? During D23 at this rate? Amazes me how you can announce a project this big in magnitude but then provide barely any substantial information about it for a year and a half.

Not sure if it really means anything or if this is more of just a financial review event.
The original speculation was that nothing would start happening until at least 2023 and that the 2 parks would go one at a time. I’m sure it will be addressed at D23 but I’d be surprised if we get more than a bunch of robust concept art.

The shareholders meeting is unlikely to have any major park announcements outside of perhaps reopenings/ short term ops. It’s not what it’s for. We’ll probably get Disney+ news.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Splash Mountain retheme would definitely not come up at such a meeting unless asked directly about it from the audience.

91JLovesDisney

So don't take anybody's word for it, but I HEARD from a source that he heard from a source that the retheme has been cancelled. It wasn't a rumor that it had been cancelled, it was this guy saying it had definitely been cancelled. But obviously IDK, just something I heard.

If it's not cancelled, it's at least HEAVILY postponed, like 5+ years away. That gives me plenty of time to keep working on my Splash Mountain website...

peter11435

So don't take anybody's word for it, but I HEARD from a source that he heard from a source that the retheme has been cancelled. It wasn't a rumor that it had been cancelled, it was this guy saying it had definitely been cancelled. But obviously IDK, just something I heard.

If it's not cancelled, it's at least HEAVILY postponed, like 5+ years away. That gives me plenty of time to keep working on my Splash Mountain website...
It has not been cancelled and the timeline has not significantly changed. Not yet anyway.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

I believe Marni says it's delayed rather than cancelled

owlsandcoffee

Delays are to be expected with Covid. SPECULATING but I figure that in a year or so they'll revisit the idea, see how public sentiment surrounding the ride and SotS is, and calculate whether the PR boost of the retheme is more valuable than the current version.

That being said, I imagine that a number of folks inside of the company want the Br'ers gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom