News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

doctornick

Was on hold with Disney yesterday and "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place" was one of the songs played. I know they cut any SotS/Splash songs from the BGM loops at DL but thought this was interesting.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Was on hold with Disney yesterday and "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place" was one of the songs played. I know they cut any SotS/Splash songs from the BGM loops at DL but thought this was interesting.
AFAIK its only at California that got the songs cut. The local Disney Store near me had Zip a Dee Doo Dah as part of its hold music before it closed

SailorMercury

It's going to be hard to remove it everywhere, even the brand new Magic Happens soundtrack has a bit of zip in there.
Every recent parade ends up having zip in it. I have a feeling that eventually Disney will bring Zip back and act like it’s just a song that’s been around forever without any specific time considering the song is so engraved in pop culture.

SailorMercury

Disney has been doing everything in their power to remove the SotS music from DLR (outside of obviously Critter Country), while WDW continues to just casually keep it going. The Splash poster is still under the train station, Zip is still in the Esplanade. They’ve done nothing at WDW to erase Splash (which is another big reason I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t go)

Animaniac93-98

Disney's current hold music includes songs from such attractions at Tiki Room: Under New Management and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

It's been a while since they updated it.

SailorMercury

Disney's current hold music includes songs from such attractions at Tiki Room: Under New Management and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

It's been a while since they updated it.
Ellen’s Energy Adventure, as Garbo as it was, has an absolute banger of a theme song. Hope they keep it this way where they don’t change it.

Either way, I’m surprised they didn’t just pull Laughin’ Place from the loop.

EagleScout610

Premium Member

From today. Still not looking good
HDYD
•First Frog frozen
•Bridge goose frozen
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck closed
•Br'er Raccoon moving slowly
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck shut
•Hopping Br'er Rabbit broken
•Br'er Frog frozen
•Roadrunner and Possums WAYY too loud next to background music
•Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox not moving
•Br'er Fox audio out
LP
•Br'er Bear with beehive barely moving
•Laughing Br'er Rabbit barely moving
•Laughing Br'er Rabbit audio out
•No water FX
•Both turtles broken
•Frog removed
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck
•Br'er Fox shadow off
ZIP
•Zip a Dee Lady not rocking
•Audio in gator scene extremely distorted
•No motion in scene
•Reclining Br'er Rabbit only moving foot

Wanderer23432

From today. Still not looking good
HDYD
•First Frog frozen
•Bridge goose frozen
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck closed
•Br'er Raccoon moving slowly
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck shut
•Hopping Br'er Rabbit broken
•Br'er Frog frozen
•Roadrunner and Possums WAYY too loud next to background music
•Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox not moving
•Br'er Fox audio out
LP
•Br'er Bear with beehive barely moving
•Laughing Br'er Rabbit barely moving
•Laughing Br'er Rabbit audio out
•No water FX
•Both turtles broken
•Frog removed
•Br'er Fox jaw stuck
•Br'er Fox shadow off
ZIP
•Zip a Dee Lady not rocking
•Audio in gator scene extremely distorted
•No motion in scene
•Reclining Br'er Rabbit only moving foot

I don’t really chime into these things but if I remember correctly, Splash Mountain didn’t go down for it‘s annual refurb in January/February. So I’m not surprised the ride is a total mess right now.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I don’t really chime into these things but if I remember correctly, Splash Mountain didn’t go down for it‘s annual refurb in January/February. So I’m not surprised the ride is a total mess right now.
No it didn't refurb this year. I'm hoping it refurbs in January 22 so they dont let it sit and rot ala Carousel

SailorMercury

No it didn't refurb this year. I'm hoping it refurbs in January 22 so they dont let it sit and rot ala Carousel
Splash will sit and rot until they do something with it if our theory of it not happening in WDW is true. Why would Disney want to keep up maintenance on an attraction they don’t want to keep around? That’s why I say it’s better to accept the change and move on, cuz the current version will sit in shambles if it doesn’t.

IanDLBZF

I have a feeling that the retheme might be in limbo, particularly on the East Coast. We haven't heard anything from Disney in over a year, so it's possible that no new progress has been determined.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I have a feeling that the retheme might be in limbo, particularly on the East Coast. We haven't heard anything from Disney in over a year, so it's possible that no new progress has been determined.
Thats the belief, that WDW is either delayed until after the 50th or off all together

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom