• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - attraction discussion only

FulcrumSolo

What insiders have said the retheme isn't coming or is only happing in CA? I remember The Visionary Soul said OLC wouldn't pay for R&D for the splash refurb but he's been wrong about plenty, too. Any rumor that Disney will just give up on the Splash retheme feels like wishful thinking.
Part of the thing with it for me is that Splash will be open throughout all of the 50th, and I’ve heard multiple insiders say that DLR’s is getting the boot within the next year or so while work won’t start for a little bit, if at all, on WDW’s.

doctornick

What insiders have said the retheme isn't coming or is only happing in CA? I remember The Visionary Soul said OLC wouldn't pay for R&D for the splash refurb but he's been wrong about plenty, too. Any rumor that Disney will just give up on the Splash retheme feels like wishful thinking.

Right now I’m confident that both will be changed. But since the MK closure is likely not for at least 2 years, I think it’s plausible that the attitude of the company could change (especially if it were Iger championing it as is rumored) in the interim and that the company might cancel the MK change as not worth the expense by that time.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Part of the thing with it for me is that Splash will be open throughout all of the 50th, and I’ve heard multiple insiders say that DLR’s is getting the boot within the next year or so while work won’t start for a little bit, if at all, on WDW’s.
From what I've heard on the boards it's looking like winter 2021/ early 2022 for Cali with no date for Orlando

FulcrumSolo

From what I've heard on the boards it's looking like winter 2021/ early 2022 for Cali with no date for Orlando
That's what I've heard here as well. Makes sense to let Splash get through the rest of the summer and then "Old Yeller" Br'er Rabbit when there isn't much need or desire for a water ride.

Whereas, considering Florida's is staying around until at least '23, by the time they would get to it over there I really don't think anyone would care enough and they'll just say "screw it" and keep the current around until Tokyo is ready to fund something lmao.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
That's what I've heard here as well. Makes sense to let Splash get through the rest of the summer and then "Old Yeller" Br'er Rabbit when there isn't much need or desire for a water ride.

Whereas, considering Florida's is staying around until at least '23, by the time they would get to it over there I really don't think anyone would care enough and they'll just say "screw it" and keep the current around until Tokyo is ready to fund something lmao.
Sounds about right

GimpYancIent

Would another I.P. be distracting enough and interesting enough to obscure the current dilemma with retheming and give splash a refreshing non-controversial up lift?

Fanthomastic

Would another I.P. be distracting enough and interesting enough to obscure the current dilemma with retheming and give splash a refreshing non-controversial up lift?
I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. It’s not what they are changing the attraction to, it’s the change alone. If Disney wants to have a Princess and frog attraction, that’s fine. Just find a less popular and less iconic attraction to replace.

Splashin' Ryan

I wouldn't be surprised if the original announcement that MK's version was getting an overhaul fades away much like the announcement for Reflections Lodge. Then if anyone asks "where's the retheme in MK" Disney will just point their finger over at Disneyland and say "there we did it!" even though the MK would not have changed. If they really get in PR trouble with the move they could just change the dialogue/dialect of the AA's then.

FulcrumSolo

I wouldn't be surprised if the original announcement that MK's version was getting an overhaul fades away much like the announcement for Reflections Lodge. Then if anyone asks "where's the retheme in MK" Disney will just point their finger over at Disneyland and say "there we did it!" even though the MK would not have changed. If they really get in PR trouble with the move they could just change the dialogue/dialect of the AA's then.
“We only said Disneyland Resort (R). Y’all are dummies and need to learn how to read” they say as they edit the original posts that’ll be like 3 years old at that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom