News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Fox&Hound

I don't want Splash to change, personally, but if they do not have Friends on the Other side during the lift hill before the big drop they miss the biggest opportunity.

Picture it, as you do up the lift hill you are surrounded by the vodoo masks shaking and laughing and an AA of Facilier:

Are you ready?
(Are you ready?)
Are you ready?
Transformation central!
(Transformation central!)
Reformation central!
(Reformation central!)
Transmogrification central!
Can you feel it?
You're changin', You're changin', You're changin', all right!
I hope you're satisfied
But if you ain't
Don't blame me!
You can blame my friends on the other side!
(You got what you wanted)
(But you lost what you had)

Aaaaaaand over the falls.

I mean- come on....

I am honestly thinking it's gonna close for the retheme after the 50th anniversary celebrations for Magic Kingdom and disney world as a whole end in march or april 2023, with 2023 being the earliest as they are fast tracking the project, because splash mountain is a major attraction, and they need to keep it open for a while because this retheme needs to be done right, plus why close a major attraction when disney world as a whole has much construction to finish before then, it just seems reasonable to keep it as is for the foreseeable future and given the fact that it will be very ambitious and very expensive to do. I feel disneyland is gonna get it first since there isn't much construction there in contrast to walt disney world. Also worth pointing out, I hope more splash mountain merchandise gets made because on eBay everything is price gouged, and considering how much was scalped off the shelves, I feel like its a good business incentive as I feel it will sell.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I am honestly thinking it's gonna close for the retheme after the 50th anniversary celebrations for Magic Kingdom and disney world as a whole end in march or april 2023, with 2023 being the earliest as they are fast tracking the project, because splash mountain is a major attraction, and they need to keep it open for a while because this retheme needs to be done right, plus why close a major attraction when disney world as a whole has much construction to finish before then, it just seems reasonable to keep it as is for the foreseeable future and given the fact that it will be very ambitious and very expensive to do. I feel disneyland is gonna get it first since there isn't much construction there in contrast to walt disney world. Also worth pointing out, I hope more splash mountain merchandise gets made because on eBay everything is price gouged, and considering how much was scalped off the shelves, I feel like its a good business incentive as I feel it will sell.
50th runs until 2023 iirc and honestly the only other Splash Merch I see coming out is to celebrate the Closing.

SailorMercury

Disneyland’s has to close soon. It’s not major over there and it’s not very good quality over there as well. Magic Kingdom can prolong the inevitable for a little bit. Still not entirely convinced that it’ll happen in WDW for the time being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom