News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210418-185237_Discord.jpg

FantasiaMickey2000

Let's be honest if Disney really thought Splash was a hate filled racist ride they would have shut it down immediately. By leaving it open until the reimagine it they are simply throwing out crumbs to the WOKE mob to keep them quite.
Well I think the fact they aren’t selling any splash merchandise or having characters out means they do think it’s a racist ride.

tpac24

Well I think the fact they aren’t selling any splash merchandise or having characters out means they do think it’s a racist ride.
But not racist enough to shut down one of their biggest attraction that recently has had up to a 2 hour wait . Not selling merch is nothing more than Disney's way of throwing a few crumbs at the WOKE crowd to keep them appeased for now which honestly says more about the WOKe crowd than the company.

Last edited:

AugieMorosco

Let's be honest if Disney really thought Splash was a hate filled racist ride they would have shut it down immediately. By leaving it open until the reimagine it they are simply throwing out crumbs to the WOKE mob to keep them quite.
Let's be honest. No one ever said it was a "hate filled racist ride" and you're just bitter that Disney is doing what every other company is doing... ignoring you and your opinions. These are calculated decisions by executives and board members. The population, especially on the younger side of the 18-55 target demo, is becoming increasingly diverse and in favor of inclusivity, and they know it. That's not going to change. If you don't come to some understanding and acceptance of that, you're going to be very unhappy for a very long time.

tpac24

Let's be honest. No one ever said it was a "hate filled racist ride" and you're just bitter that Disney is doing what every other company is doing... ignoring you and your opinions. These are calculated decisions by executives and board members. The population, especially on the younger side of the 18-55 target demo, is becoming increasingly diverse and in favor of inclusivity, and they know it. That's not going to change. If you don't come to some understanding and acceptance of that, you're going to be very unhappy for a very long time.
First off I have never offered my opinion to Disney on this issue or any for that matter. Secondly I am actually OK with the change but only because I am bored with the current ride. I am just simply calling Disney out for their fake outrage because honestly if the ride was as divisive as they claim it is now they would have shut it down immediately. Honestly I think this change to another princess themed attraction has been in the works for years but they are just jumping on the "everything is racist" bandwagon as an excuse to change it and gain favor with the WOKE bully crowd.

AugieMorosco

First off I have never offered my opinion to Disney on this issue or any for that matter. Secondly I am actually OK with the change but only because I am bored with the current ride. I am just simply calling Disney out for their fake outrage because honestly if the ride was as divisive as they claim it is now they would have shut it down immediately. Honestly I think this change to another princess themed attraction has been in the works for years but they are just jumping on the "everything is racist" bandwagon as an excuse to change it and gain favor with the WOKE bully crowd.
Your inaccurate categorizations speak volumes. Fake outrage? Disney hasn't shown outrage. It's a calculated decision to change a ride with some uncomfortable and increasingly outdated associations and that's how it's been presented. Has it been in the works for years? Probably. Because it's got uncomfortable and increasingly outdated associations. That's nothing new. "WOKE" bullies? They've been getting bullied for a very long time and finally have enough power and support to push back. Most of the "woke" changes are way overdue and have been a long time coming. It's not going to stop, either. These companies are all hedging bets for the future. Trying to get on the good side of the up and coming consumer generation. It's hard to accept that you're not their darling consumer any longer, but it is a reality.

tpac24

Your inaccurate categorizations speak volumes. Fake outrage? Disney hasn't shown outrage. It's a calculated decision to change a ride with some uncomfortable and increasingly outdated associations and that's how it's been presented. Has it been in the works for years? Probably. Because it's got uncomfortable and increasingly outdated associations. That's nothing new. "WOKE" bullies? They've been getting bullied for a very long time and finally have enough power and support to push back. Most of the "woke" changes are way overdue and have been a long time coming. It's not going to stop, either. These companies are all hedging bets for the future. Trying to get on the good side of the up and coming consumer generation. It's hard to accept that you're not their darling consumer any longer, but it is a reality.
You are obviously missing the point I am trying to make !

_caleb

So you're calling Disney out with your own fake outrage then?

tpac24

So you're calling Disney out with your own fake outrage then?
No I am just making fun of them for pretending to be social justice warriors and the people who believe they actually care ! They saw a way to cram another money making princess ride into an area where the theming doesn't fit and ran with it but we are learning quickly that theming really means nothing to them anymore and they are well on their way to being nothing more than an overpriced Six Flags.

Lucky Rabbit

No I am just making fun of them for pretending to be social justice warriors and the people who believe they actually care ! They saw a way to cram another money making princess ride into an area where the theming doesn't fit and ran with it but we are learning quickly that theming really means nothing to them anymore and they are well on their way to being nothing more than an overpriced Six Flags.
Pretending to be social justice warriors? I don’t think Disney claimed to be, but your projecting that onto them says a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom