News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Permit filed for something to do with Splash. No idea if it's the retheme

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

I feel like there is a lot of pressure to get the retheme right. Splash is continually among the highest rated attractions in the parks, AND this is a pretty high profile project, no matter what the motivations are. If Disney botches it, there will be a STUNNING amount of bad publicity. If there is any motivator for the mouse besides bags of money, it's potentially bad publicity. I'm feeling pretty good about the idea that they would delay it significantly (if it's a CAPEX issue) vs. gut the budget.
Look at the illustrations.
They're not going very deep in the ride.
The same branches are still there they're just repainting them.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I love all the clickbait sites tripping over each other to get word out about a permit which "might" but certainly has nothing to do with whatever WDI and TWDC have planned for ruining Splash.

DFB, probably seems like the worst offender today, between their Monorail Disaster piece and intentionally deceptive clickbait headline about this.

It seems like a real race to the bottom with these paid for Disney social media influencers bloggers.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

ugh, I really hope it is for the start of the retheme. The sooner things get started, the sooner the "maybe they actually won't do it" comments will die off.
It’s not the fans’ fault. The other way to resolve this would be if TWDC would just bite the bullet, commit, and announce a formal close/reopen date instead of letting it linger out there as they are now.

Even if this is still in early phase development given how highly ranked this attraction is for some guests I don’t see the harm in letting fans know that: “Folks looking to “drop” by for a final farewell can experience this attraction in its original “hare raising” form before it closes this [insert season + year] for exciting new inclusive story driven enhancements”. (trying to borrow from Disney PR text/speak)

EagleScout610

Premium Member
It’s not the fans’ fault. The other way to resolve this would be if TWDC would just bite the bullet, commit, and announce a formal close/reopen date instead of letting it linger out there as they are now.

Even if this is still in early phase development given how highly ranked this attraction is for some guests I don’t see the harm in letting fans know that: “Folks looking to “drop” by for a final farewell can experience this attraction in its original “hare raising” form before it closes this [insert season + year] for exciting new inclusive story driven enhancements”. (trying to borrow from Disney PR text/speak)
Theres still several fan groups who think they can change the outcome. My answer is always "Its Disney's call. Nothing we can do"

EagleScout610

Premium Member
And you wonder why Splash Mountain gets a bad rap. Just look at the 'Pro Splash' group on FB. Seriously.
Untitled64_20210216170513.png

Untitled65_20210216172144.png

Last edited:

UNCgolf

And you wonder why Splash Mountain gets a bad rap. Just look at the 'Pro Splash' group on FB. Seriously.
View attachment 532785

View attachment 532792

That comment about losing Disney forever and then losing America forever is insane. It's the kind of thing someone unhinged and detached from reality says. I imagine that person believes in some absurd conspiracy theories.

Splash is a great ride. Disney has demolished rides that were better.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
That comment about losing Disney forever and then losing America forever is insane. It's the kind of thing someone unhinged and detached from reality says. I imagine that person believes in some absurd conspiracy theories.

Splash is a great ride. Disney has demolished rides that were better.
I'm just worried how far they'll go over a choice Disney made that they have no control over. Honestly that group sounds like a cult at times

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Permit filed for something to do with Splash. No idea if it's the retheme
It is BVCC, who are typically used for small items. My guess would be this is regular maintenance and not anything major at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom