News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

Toad was, however, insanely popular. My point was not that Pooh was a bad decision, just that the popularity of the existing ride doesn't factor in.

I was also 2 years old when all of that happened, so don't take my word as gospel :)
It happened a year before I dropped in, so I can’t quite comment. But based on what I’ve seen, and what I’ve experienced at Disneyland, it was a decently popular attraction with a cult following. You could say that Splash also has a cult following, but there’s no way Toad was pulling in the wait times and capacity that Splash does on a regular day.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So I saw someone today wearing a Farewell GMR shirt and I was wondering, would Disney do that with Splash?
bj9K8SD.jpg

doctornick

It happened a year before I dropped in, so I can’t quite comment. But based on what I’ve seen, and what I’ve experienced at Disneyland, it was a decently popular attraction with a cult following. You could say that Splash also has a cult following, but there’s no way Toad was pulling in the wait times and capacity that Splash does on a regular day.
Yeah, people liked Mr Toad and it had it's fans, but it was/is no where near as popular as Splash. The outcry was more from a small vocal group than widespread among park goers.

Fable McCloud

I would love if the ride kept the riverboat finale, and had a nod to Splash Mountain with Louis and Tiana singing/humming/playing just a few bars of "Zip-a-dee do da". That's the only part I'll miss with the re-theme, the finale.

Brer Oswald

An oversimplification in some areas, but not wrong. Most of the points are correct.

If you want a more accurate reason on why SotS has the reputation it does, read the book “Who’s Afraid of Song of the South”.

It goes into detail on the complex subject. Something that isn’t talked about a lot:
The film had a lot of controversy due to slurs that were in the original draft. Walt hired someone to clean it up. He took out the slurs but left due to creative differences. Understandably disgruntled about the situation, he started spreading crap about the original script, with the slurs.

Surferboy567

Soooooo, Disney paused construction on the TRON and Guardians of the Galaxy rides, leaving them just stuck unfinished for a while, so they can do the Splash Mountain retheme?
If they won’t keep construction going on projects that have largely been built I can’t see them doing Splash. Unless they really want to purge it, which maybe they do considering how much they want to destroy all traces of Zip like it never existed.

I could see it going both ways, but projects that have buildings already should be completed first I would think?

Brer Oswald

If they won’t keep construction going on projects that have largely been built I can’t see them doing Splash. Unless they really want to purge it, which maybe they do considering how much they want to destroy all traces of Zip like it never existed.

I could see it going both ways, but projects that have buildings already should be completed first I would think?
We’ll just have to see how it goes. It’s clear they want to prioritize the California version, but that’s hard when the California parks are closed. So who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom