Splash Mountain (MK) vs. Expedition Everest (DAK)

Splash Mountain (MK) or Expedition Everest (DAK)?

• Splash Mountain

• Expedition Everest

Results are only viewable after voting.

JusticeDisney

I have to admit, I haven’t been on Splash in what seems like ages. Remind me, how wet do you get on that ride? And is it dependent on where you are seated?

Thanks!

BlakeW39

Original Poster
hahaha well don't undersell Everest here. I don't think there is a better attraction than Splash on the planet, but Everest is still pme of th greatest attractions to come out of WDI.

danyoung56

I have to admit, I haven’t been on Splash in what seems like ages. Remind me, how wet do you get on that ride? And is it dependent on where you are seated?

Thanks!

It's really more of a crap shoot. I've been on it where I got a fine mist in the face, and I've been on it where I got jump-in-the-pool wet. Be ready for anything.

MaximumEd

In my opinion, even after all these years, and including recently built billion dollar lands, Splash Mountain is still the high water mark for WDI for what a Disney attraction should be. Super cool theme, no big ugly box of a show building seen, immersion, thrill, tons of animatronics, and a ridiculously long ride time. Only a couple of the original Epcot attractions check off most all of those boxes. It's almost 30 years old, and would still be a groundbreaking attraction if built today.

Mickey5150

I love them both but have to go Splash Mountain since it's my all time favorite ride. Without the drops it would be my favorite dark ride, the drops to put it above everything else. Everest is great but being a roller coaster the seat you get can change the ride for worse. Also Splash Mountain is like 10 minutes longer.

TheX8

I love them both but my vote goes to Splash Mountain, it's a very complete ride. As far as I know there hasn't been any modifications to the ride, while EE had some breakdowns and removal of effects. I don't feel as much Disney magic on EE while I feel the Disney magic in Splash Mountain. Besides it makes an excellent use of their IP.

NeedMoreMickey

I think I've ridden Splash once in 20 years. First it always seems to be "down" when I'm there and our schedule doesn't allow time for us to come back and try again. Second I won't ride it unless it super hot and my clothes will dry quickly. Hate walking around in wet clothes. Yes I take flip flops with me to change into so my sneakers don't get wet. I voted to EE.

Almac97

When Splash is firing on all cylinders, it's arguably the best log flume on the planet. When EE is working, it's not even the best thrill roller coaster or family coaster in Florida.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
When Splash is firing on all cylinders, it's arguably the best log flume on the planet. When EE is working, it's not even the best thrill roller coaster or family coaster in Florida.

Yeah nah I strongly disagree. EE isn't only best coaster in Orlando it is so by a wide margin. It is top of its class. BTM in Orlando is rather easily inferior.

And Splash isn't arguably the best log flume, it's the single greatest water ride every built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom