Splash mountain log sinks.. again.. for 3rd time in 2 years

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is according to ITM and that one other website we don't discuss.

Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. The log started sinking near the end of the ride.

SplashMountainLogSinks2022_3.jpg

EDIT: Video added

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It happens from time to time. Only news-worthy for those unscrupulous and clickbaity sites that prey upon any and every bit of negative news they can find in the parks to generate clicks.

Now, should it happen? Probably not, but that's a different discussion.

How often did the logs sink prior to the last 3 incidents? About the same frequency? I mean that's terrible lol

JoeCamel

But they can find the $$ to take the ToT billboard down…

Probably saves maintenance $ in the long run
They have to replace the drive motor on a regular basis and I know of one time they waited on parts for months. Saving money at every turn, soon they can afford a new bubblegum machine....
Do we know why they sink - or rather, why they take on water? Is it cracks in the boats or how they are loaded leads to water filling in over the sides?
They become - waterlogged.........

Fido Chuckwagon

This is according to ITM and that one other website we don't discuss.

Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. The log started sinking near the end of the ride.

View attachment 652911
The maintenance on the Disney rides just gets worse and worse as Chapek saves money to maximize revenue everywhere he can. It's only a matter of time until someone is seriously injured or killed.

Smiley/OCD

They have to replace the drive motor on a regular basis and I know of one time they waited on parts for months. Saving money at every turn, soon they can afford a new bubblegum machine....

They become - waterlogged.........
And they could’ve left it up not working…yeti, SM AA’s…we’re used to it…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom