Splash Mountain is open

Phil12

You never know. Disney is hit-or-miss when it comes to listening to the fans.
They didn't listen to the Save Toad crowd.
It was certainly a blow to the world of amphibians when Mr. Toad had to make his exit. But now Disney has listened to amphibian fans and has decided to create a wonderful Princess and The Frog attraction. Justice has come for amphibians all over the world! So, Disney did indeed listen.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It was certainly a blow to the world of amphibians when Mr. Toad had to make his exit. But now Disney has listened to amphibian fans and has decided to create a wonderful Princess and The Frog attraction. Justice has come for amphibians all over the world! So, Disney did indeed listen.

Frogs in spades. This just in.... a new mini land will be created between Frontierland and Adventureland themed to the world of Disney XD's Amphibia to add even more froggy IP.

FettFan

Did they now?

6E669982-118F-4B5B-988B-AEC8A0693A5C.jpeg

Walt Disney1955

This is Disney we're talking about here, work on it won't start for at least a year or two, got their hands full atm anyhow. Perhaps things will all blow over and it won't happen at all. Who knows

That's an optimistic approach. I hope it is true. Things do tend to blow over. However, the truth is this likely has a lot more to do with economics than anything. The social justice reasons are likely just a mirage behind the real reasons. Splash would be something that would cost a lot to run. Those animatronics aren't cheap. Disney closing for 4 months meant there had to be something on the chopping block. A business can't close for 4 months and then re-open without some fiscal changes. Expect more of this. Maybe that means cast members get cut back permanently. Maybe that means other attractions get closed permanently. Or more meet and greets. Either way, the majority of the public asked for this, demanded it even, so I don't know why people would complain if they were advocates of the closure. There will be some tough business decisions in the future, and personally I am not thrilled about that prospect.

But....................I still hope you are right. Apparently Tokyo will keep their Splash Mountain but not the ones in America. It would be nice if a Princess and the Frog ride was built and we still keep the ever so popular Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom