Splash mountain disneyworld down x 2 days

wendysue

I have family at WDW this week and they sent pics of going on Splash last evening. 🤨 Hopefully it's a temporary thing and you get to ride.

Acousticpharm

Original Poster
I have family at WDW this week and they sent pics of going on Splash last evening. 🤨 Hopefully it's a temporary thing and you get to ride.
Hmm, well I heard someone say it was closed yesterday around 3pm all day and checked multiple times and it always said down, there was heavy rain yesterday afternoon, so far all this morning it has said down

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Strong storms have been in the area most afternoons this week and will continue for the next few days. Expect more downtime.

JustAFan

We rode Splash at 9:15 this morning.
Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

Acousticpharm

Original Poster
It came back on laughing place wait times a few hours after I posted, laughing place and a cast member told me it was down yesterday after having ridden 2 rides but I did rope drop
Hmm, I didn't see it comeback up on laughing place wait times till after 10, nice job! It is back, monorail lost power last night in a crazy lightning storm that shut a lot of rides down, was actually pretty cool , took the ferry with non stop lightning

nickys

Premium Member
It came back on laughing place wait times a few hours after I posted, laughing place and a cast member told me it was down yesterday after having ridden 2 rides but I did rope drop

Hmm, I didn't see it comeback up on laughing place wait times till after 10, nice job! It is back, monorail lost power last night in a crazy lightning storm that shut a lot of rides down, was actually pretty cool , took the ferry with non stop lightning
Why not use the MDE app to see if it’s running? The wait time might be inflated but it will be accurate as to whether the ride is operating.

Acousticpharm

Original Poster
Why not use the MDE app to see if it’s running? The wait time might be inflated but it will be accurate as to whether the ride is operating.
I trust laughing place to know if it's down. I also asked a cast member who confirmed it. I found MDE wait times a little clunky but finally got it working this morning :D . I thought I had read laughing place was more accurate?

I posted because it was down for so long over the 2 days and because it is a favorite of someone in my party and I was considering park hopping if it was to be be closed all day.

nickys

Premium Member
I trust laughing place to know if it's down. I also asked a cast member who confirmed it. I found MDE wait times a little clunky but finally got it working this morning :D . I thought I had read laughing place was more accurate?

I posted because it was down for so long over the 2 days and because it is a favorite of someone in my party and I was considering park hopping if it was to be be closed all day.
Disney have a vested interest in inflating wait times for various reasons. I use Touring Plans for accurate ones.

However for the ride status I would think MDE will be updated quicker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom