Splash Mountain audio

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
Was just listening to a POV of Splash Mountain and heard something unfamiliar:

The two farming bunnies normally say "Look yonder, there goes br'er rabbit" "being chased by Br'er Fox and Br'er bear, as usual"

but before you arrive at that scene, in the background you can hear different lines? It's kind of hard to make out but they emphasize things differently then the normal spiel.

I check Splash Mountain uploads on YouTube daily (in case of new audio or news) and I've never heard this before. As sad as this may sound I actually listen to every POV uploaded (just in case! :D), and I can assure you this sounds completely unfamiliar to me. Anybody? I know at some point this dialogue was changed, maybe they've started reusing the old dialogue?

Note: the folks riding are wearing masks, so this POV can't be too old.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
For a long time they have only said the same lines, but they originally had two or three alternating exchanges. Looks like they must have recently restored the alternating ones.

"(something about there goes Br'er Rabbtit)" .... "and Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear are hot on his trail."
My thoughts exactly - if this is true, I'm super excited! I'll be sure to listen for it in future POVs - we need lots of good recordings before they shut'er down.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
I just had a thought... why does that POV say March... ? Either that video is mislabeled, or they used the alternate dialogues just for a day or two? But I listen to every POV... how have I never heard that in any other video..? That is a mystery. I'll continue to look for new ride-thrus.

Also, the two I am aware of are (in this order): "Look yonder, there goes Br'er rabbit!", "being chased by Br'er Fox & Br'er Bear, as usual!"

and

"Why look! it's Br'er Rabbit!", "and Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear are hot on his heels."

I need to find the one with "hot on his trail"

Last edited:

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
A few more POVs have been posted since I made this thread and they all only have Look Yonder.... any thoughts? Perhaps it was just a one-time fluke? It's so weird...

World_Showcase_Lover007

I was there in late Feb 2021 and rode it several times (to say goodbye to my favorite ride)...and I can tell you that the audio was very wonky. It seemed that certain audio dialogue was much louder than normal, while the music was turned way down to where you couldn’t hear it in certain parts.

So it may be that the phrase you’re hearing was actually recorded and always been there, but has been inaudible until now. Just a theory...

I didn’t think much of it bc there were many, many things wrong with the ride. Most animatronics weren’t working and the water level was so low you could see the metal and rubber bumpers that keep the log flumes from crashing into the “bank”.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
I was there in late Feb 2021 and rode it several times (to say goodbye to my favorite ride)...and I can tell you that the audio was very wonky. It seemed that certain audio dialogue was much louder than normal, while the music was turned way down to where you couldn’t hear it in certain parts.

So it may be that the phrase you’re hearing was actually recorded and always been there, but has been inaudible until now. Just a theory...

I didn’t think much of it bc there were many, many things wrong with the ride. Most animatronics weren’t working and the water level was so low you could see the metal and rubber bumpers that keep the log flumes from crashing into the “bank”.
You could be right, but the sequence plays via a boat sensor (I'm 99% sure), and you only ever hear Look Yonder. I wondered if it had something to do with like, if two boats were really close together and triggered the sensor really close together, there was a chance you could get other pieces of dialogue or something? I don't know! @marni1971 if you don't mind, any thoughts? Your opinion is always reliable.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Maybe somebody at Disney is trying to make it easier for us to get clean recordings of the audio? 😆

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You could be right, but the sequence plays via a boat sensor (I'm 99% sure), and you only ever hear Look Yonder. I wondered if it had something to do with like, if two boats were really close together and triggered the sensor really close together, there was a chance you could get other pieces of dialogue or something? I don't know! @marni1971 if you don't mind, any thoughts? Your opinion is always reliable.
No idea on this one I’m afraid.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
They have a few alternate exchanges at other sequences. For example, at the scene with Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox before the big lift the 2 common ones are :
"I bet you wish you'd never been born huh Br'er Rabbit? Well you MINE and you NOT gettin' away this time!"
"Say Br'er Rabbit how 'bout I take you to my Laughin' Place? Only you won't be laughing!"

However the ones you rarely hear are:
"Now Br'er Rabbit I'm invitin' you over for dinner! MY dinner!"
"I've gotcha Br'er Rabbit! I say it's the end of the line for you!"

I dont know if it's the same issue with the bunnies but it seems like most scenes that have activated dialogue have one line that works.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
Two updates: I know a guy who said he's been riding it all day and he's heard the second line a few times, but not the third. Also, I've taken the time to do my best to edit out all the lines:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Still maintenance issues, I noticed most of them near the end before the final lift hill. And no Brer Rabbit on a stick, which seems to be normal 8 months out of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom