Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'm expecting a lot of the original animatronics to be scrapped, especially the Brers (a few Brer Bears might be reskinned as Louis), but we'll apparently be getting one or two Tiana and Naveen animatronics.
D0YqmPjV4AApZ8E.jpg

pasted image 0 (1).png

I'm guessing these are the two Br'er Bear animatronics that will be reskinned, since it's entirely possible they'll have Louis looking for his trumpet with his butt in the air, and if the whole pricker thing is true, the beehive one.\

EbZLmK-U4AANQ0s.jpg

mickEblu

Just turn Club 33 into Tianas Place. There you go. Done.

Or how about no Tianas place.

Their doesn’t have to be a Tianas place. They can just add PatF inspired food (cartoonified Versions of the same food that already exists in NOS) at Royal Street Verandah or that shop that recently closed. Why does it have to be a physical place? They show that restaurant in the movie for two seconds. Their isn’t really anything that makes it a must build or separates it from existing eateries in NOS. Plus the only place the scale would work is Hungry Bear but that would require demolishing the whole restaurant which is a park favorite.

So back to Club 33. Let’s go Disney! What, is Tiana not worth it?

Last edited:

Brer Panther

View attachment 582258
View attachment 582259
I'm guessing these are the two Br'er Bear animatronics that will be reskinned, since it's entirely possible they'll have Louis looking for his trumpet with his butt in the air, and if the whole pricker thing is true, the beehive one.\

View attachment 582260
Yeah, probably. Though I've heard the "Louis stuck in prickler bush" thing will be a replacement for the Brer Rabbit stuck in honey before the lift hill, so that Brer Bear animatronic might be moved.

Does Brer Bear's butt even count as an animatronic?

Their doesn’t have to be a Tianas place. They can just add PatF inspired food (cartoonified Versions of the same food that already exists in NOS) at Royal Street Verandah or that shop that recently closed. Why does it have to be a physical place? They show that restaurant in the movie for two seconds. Their isn’t really anything that makes it a must build or separates it from existing eateries in NOS. Plus the only place the scale would work is Hungry Bear but that would require demolishing the whole restaurant which is a park favorite.
I think the main reason why everyone wants a Tiana's Place is because Tiana's goal in the movie was to have her own restaurant.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Just turn Club 33 into Tianas Place. There you go. Done.

So Club 33. Let’s to Disney! What is Tiana not worth it?
Agreed, we don’t need this. I’m cool with them building small eatery like Harbour Galley, but we don’t need that either. We already have multiple Creole options in the park.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Yeah, probably. Though I've heard the "Louis stuck in prickler bush" thing will be a replacement for the Brer Rabbit stuck in honey before the lift hill, so that Brer Bear animatronic might be moved.

Does Brer Bear's butt even count as an animatronic?
Technically speaking every B'rer Bear in California is a "Limited Motion figure" since they're mostly static with only one or 2 moving parts (Going up and down, moving in and out, rocking on the base)

Last edited:

Professortango1

This actually seems like a fun idea. Let's turn it into a game. Here are the rules:

1. Bob Chapek has, upon hearing this idea, agreed that tossing out Pooh for Tiana is a magnificent idea. (They can always find somewhere else for Pooh.) He has put you in charge of the Critter Country project.
2. Bob's has two priorities for you to meet: first, you must remove Song of the South from the park. Second, Bob being Bob, you have to put an existing IP in its place.
3. This is more a reminder: with Tiana taking over Pooh, Splash Mountain is now boxed in between Tiana and Haunted Mansion, making Critter County into a de facto New Orleans Square extension.
4. Bob, being a corporate machine, will not accept leaving Splash Mountain as is. Now that he's in love with Tiana taking over Pooh, Splash has to be rethemed with a different IP or he will just tear it down and replace it with an entirely different ride.

I'm curious how you, or anyone one else who wants to play, would thread this needle. Or how many of you would relish destroying the mountain to save it.

O' Brother Where Art Thou. A rollicking trip through the backwoods of America's south with the Soggy Bottom Boys as we look to help find the treasure before the flood waters are released. :cool:

But the easy answer is The Rescuers. Takes place in a bayou with a riverboat.

If I thought they could do it justice in a ride, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, seeing as it is a live action tale and ties into the surrounding area and involves a river journey.

Anjin

O' Brother Where Art Thou. A rollicking trip through the backwoods of America's south with the Soggy Bottom Boys as we look to help find the treasure before the flood waters are released. :cool:

But the easy answer is The Rescuers. Takes place in a bayou with a riverboat.

If I thought they could do it justice in a ride, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, seeing as it is a live action tale and ties into the surrounding area and involves a river journey.
I actually love all three of these ideas. I had forgotten that O' Brother Where Art Thou is a Touchstone film.

D.Silentu

O' Brother Where Art Thou. A rollicking trip through the backwoods of America's south with the Soggy Bottom Boys as we look to help find the treasure before the flood waters are released.
Or perhaps we are being carried by said flood waters; "Eyes peeled for that rolltop desk!" Not to mention that a character turns into a frog in this movie as well, sort of. Now, you've gotten me speculating the entire overlay!

BasiltheBatLord

Is there going to be a tribute easter egg to Splash in the ride? (something unique beyond just re-purposed figures) Or will it be completely exterminated from history?

Brer Panther

Is there going to be a tribute easter egg to Splash in the ride? (something unique beyond just re-purposed figures) Or will it be completely exterminated from history?
I wouldn't expect any references to the Brers, since the whole point of this retheme is apparently to remove any trace of Song of the South from the parks.

DisneyLostBoy03

Any credible sources that seem to show that the majority of the Splash Mountain animatronics being scrapped and the budget being lower than expected for the Princess and the Frog retheme?

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Any credible sources that seem to show that the majority of the Splash Mountain animatronics being scrapped and the budget being lower than expected for the Princess and the Frog retheme?
I think once we get more details from Disney we can judge that more clearly. Since the new art shows very Splash-esque critters, who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom