Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

GoneForGood

I see people still don't find the problem with boldly claiming animals sound like "uneducated African Americans."

So, what exactly does that sound like?

I find the statement to be incredibly insulting. Take a second to think about that statement, say it again in your head.

I made a post a few pages back-- not to excuse any criticisms, but to give context. But for some reason all my posts must be approved first? But eh, I'll just spectate from now on. Sorry for getting off topic.

EDIT: Oh, my posting is fixed :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why? Who’s to say that’s the way things must be proved?

And anyway, people do hate that Splash Mountain is being rethemed. This thread has plenty of people who would suggest that it’s hated. Plenty of people are okay with it too. But lots of people hate it. It’s okay to disagree with opinions.
Plenty of people are happy it's going away.

BasiltheBatLord

I will say as a 12 yo kid in about 2001 on a first trip to Disneyworld, I was pretty confused as to why there was an Uncle Remus ride. My grandparents (in Tennessee, pretty close to where Song of the South is set) had the Walt Disney Uncle Remus book that included many more tales than the film, but we weren't allowed to go get that book for our grandmother to read aloud because the dialect was so troublesome.

That dialect continues in the ride . I know people argue "that's how people TALKED back then"...but these dialects have been used to continue a narrative that groups of people are uneducated, superstitious, and less than others.

This is where we really get to a point being made that yes, the ride itself is racist.
The firefly from PatF uses a similar "dialect" and is voiced by a white actor.

Cancel PatF!!!

Practical Pig

Why? Who’s to say that’s the way things must be proved?
Burden of Proof is an essential, deeply ingrained principle governing our collective culture of communication. Those that make remarkable claims bear the burden of proof to prove those claims. There is no burden of proof to an opposing viewpoint to disprove the claimer's claim. If you claim that 2 + 2 = 5, you need to show your work.

No Name

At a certain point, you really have to wonder why those who demand Disneyland change, for whatever reason, even claim to like Disneyland. Is it really just because it’s “high end” and based on popular IPs? If you want to remove the fundamentals of the park, I don’t get how or why you ever fell in love with it in the first place.
Maybe because it’s been changing for 66 years, and if it didn’t, it wouldn’t be successful. Just like you can love a sport and want it to change. Just like I love this country and want it to change.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Maybe because it’s been changing for 66 years, and if it didn’t, it wouldn’t be successful. Just like you can love a sport and want it to change. Just like I love this country and want it to change.

So can we get baby groots house of fun in place of Haunted, or Olafs sled ride in place of matterhorn, or Navi river in place of Pirates? Cause you know, disneyland will never be complete and stuff.

Pixar Pier and Main Street Cinemas makeshift shop are the sort of changes a Bob finds acceptable. Doesn't that scare you at least a little bit?

No Name

So can we get baby groots house of fun in place of Haunted, or Olafs sled ride in place of matterhorn, or Navi river in place of Pirates? Cause you know, disneyland will never be complete and stuff.

Pixar Pier and Main Street Cinemas makeshift shop are the sort of changes a Bob finds acceptable. Doesn't that scare you at least a little bit?
Oh I’m not suggesting all of the current changes are good or that the current direction of the company is really healthy. But being against change in general is really bad because the place would inevitably die out and become a niche relic of the past.

CaptinEO

Oh I’m not suggesting all of the current changes are good or that the current direction of the company is really healthy. But being against change in general is really bad because the place would inevitably die out and become a niche relic of the past.
It's hard to be pro change when the last 5 years have had so many poor decisions made. I'm pro change of Disney's leadership.

CaptinEO

We aren't all corporate like a lot of folks on here who eat up all these garbage rethemes.

I'm sure these same people wouldve supported the Nemo retheme that happened to Epcot's Seas and Winnie the Pooh taking over 20k League Submarines in Magic Kingdom and Country Bears in Disneyland.

Disney has proved they know how to destroy their classics, and pixie dusters eat it up since they are in love with a corporation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kate F

It's Ok. We aren't all like a lot of folks on here who eat up all these garbage rethemes.

I'm sure these same people wouldve supported the Nemo retheme that happened to Epcot's Seas and Winnie the Pooh taking over 20k League Submarines in Magic Kingdom and Country Bears in Disneyland.

Disney has proved they know how to destroy their classics, and pixie dusters eat it up since they are in love with a corporation.
I feel like people think of me like “oh boo hoo, she’s upset over a theme park ride, she needs to get over it.” It’s deeper than that. This whole situation has actually negatively affected my mental health and coming here wrecks my self-esteem because I know people don’t respect me or take me seriously, but I continue to engage anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom