Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Inspired Figment

They do sound like something that would be possible names for the retheme.
Hahaha! Yup, well, I got the inspiration from both the Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (the original name was Remy’s Kitchen Calamity: A Ratatouille Adventure.. I believe) & DCA’s WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure. Lol! Funny trend with the whole ‘character name + focus of the ride + other name for adventure : “movie title adventure” subtitle ‘ constantly being used.

Last edited:

celluloid

Yeah, they are standing on the shoulders of the name like a franchise and familiarity so there will be less confusion and to eat off of what is established.

Ironic isn't it? All the change because of the association, but the name will remain...which has become an association. This is because, it is about Return on Investment with as little investment as possible, and that includes name changing.

Kate F

Splash Mtn. isn’t being replaced. It’s being rethemed.

And, I’m sorry, but I’m being realistic. A ride based on the characters and music from Song of the South in a social media era under the ownership of a mega-corporation is a no-go.

It’s amazing that it lasted this long. And Tony Baxter would probably never have chosen the characters and music from SotS as the ride’s theme if he knew how culturally insensitive the film’s animated characters would be considered 30+ years later.

I’m not putting down anyone who loves Splash 1.0– I like it a lot. But the flume ride isn’t going away, the DL version has never told its story very well, and the wonderful music will be available to listen to forever.
It basically is being replaced. It’s one flume ride being replaced with another flume ride. And there are lots of flume rides in this world. It’s not going to be the same ride no matter how much you try to convince me it is. Splash Mountain (MK) is not my favorite ride because of the drop.

Kate F

I really REALLY don’t want them to keep the Splash Mountain name. I don’t care if they want to keep the name for merchandising purposes, it’s NOT Splash Mountain.

They could call it the stupidest theme park ride name you’ve ever heard of and I’d prefer that over calling the retheme Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom