Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SplashGhost

Since this was likely done to tie into the Tiana Disney+ Show, and it was announced when it was to minimize backlash, I have to wonder what other horrors (a.k.a. Disney+ synergy opportunities), Chapek has in store for Disneyland that he hasn't found a good time to announce yet.

mickEblu

Since this was likely done to tie into the Tiana Disney+ Show, and it was announced when it was to minimize backlash, I have to wonder what other horrors (a.k.a. Disney+ synergy opportunities), Chapek has in store for Disneyland that he hasn't found a good time to announce yet.

A scary thought

Kate F

Once again, I will say that fans of other rides would be doing the exact same thing we are if it was there’s that was in the chopping block. Already seeing people complain about Happily Ever After going away at MK and I don’t see anyone telling them they’re overreacting. Not to mention I see all the time people say that if Disney got rid of their favorite, there would be war. But it’s only bad if we do it for some reason.

SplashGhost

There were plenty of people shaming those who didn’t support the removal of the auction scene in Pirates. This isn’t a Splash-only thing.

All in the imagination.

There were even some people attacking people that were against the change to the DCA Tower of Terror, so this isn't a new thing. I just think that it may seem like that to some people, since Splash has been the most controversial of these changes and has gotten the most attention. Not to mention, how much longer the discussion has gone on without us really knowing much about the change.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
There were even some people attacking people that were against the change to the DCA Tower of Terror, so this isn't a new thing. I just think that it may seem like that to some people, since Splash has been the most controversial of these changes and has gotten the most attention. Not to mention, how much longer the discussion has gone on without us really knowing much about the change.
I remember that as well. And I think you're right, it may seem like a Splash-only thing to people because of the amount of controversy behind it. Not to mention, I would bet that those who believe only Splash fans are getting the brunt of it are engaging with folks outside of this forum, most likely on social media and/or other Disney forums on this very topic and probably doing it on a regular basis.

Not sure why people care anyway. If you love Splash, and I would bet most of us do, then so be it. It shouldn't matter what other people think. Time for the skin to thicken.

Rich T

Splash Mtn. isn’t being replaced. It’s being rethemed.

And, I’m sorry, but I’m being realistic. A ride based on the characters and music from Song of the South in a social media era under the ownership of a mega-corporation is a no-go.

It’s amazing that it lasted this long. And Tony Baxter would probably never have chosen the characters and music from SotS as the ride’s theme if he knew how culturally insensitive the film’s animated characters would be considered 30+ years later.

I’m not putting down anyone who loves Splash 1.0– I like it a lot. But the flume ride isn’t going away, the DL version has never told its story very well, and the wonderful music will be available to listen to forever.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I mean, wasn't one of the most popular reasons I've seen for justifying the retheme is that they can keep the bayou sets? Wouldn't tearing out the bayou sets and replacing them with the streets of New Orleans be incredibly expensive?

And why the heck would logs be floating down the street of New Orleans? Nothing about this makes sense...
why would there be streets of new orleans inside a mountain?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

And, I’m sorry, but I’m being realistic. A ride based on the characters and music from Song of the South in a social media era under the ownership of a mega-corporation is a no-go.

It’s amazing that it lasted this long. And Tony Baxter would probably never have chosen the characters and music from SotS as the ride’s theme if he knew how culturally insensitive the film’s animated characters would be considered 30+ years later.

I’m not putting down anyone who loves Splash 1.0– I like it a lot. But the flume ride isn’t going away, the DL version has never told its story very well, and the wonderful music will be available to listen to forever.
No its being replaced. That's like saying 'Haunted Mansion is not being replaced its being rethemed" if HMH was to be permanent. Same building, but not remotely the same ride. Sure it will still be a log ride with same track layout but what made Splash Mountain what it was, will be gone forever so, no, it will not be Splash Mountain anymore. You are wrong. Ask those in EPCOT if they consider FROZEN a retheme of MAELSTROM and not a complete replacement.

Last edited:

celluloid

Well at least you are sorry about it.

We all know how consistent, long lasting and reasonable social media trends are these days. There is sure no way that there could ever be the same attack over Princess Tiana and the stereotypes in the film Princess and The Frog. (hint, there already has been trouble with that, and it is about a small investment for the potential increase in revenue)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom