Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

TragicMike

Now we don't like Ernest on this forum? This place is a dump these days.

stop_liking_file.jpg

Roger_the_pianist

Geez. Song of the South is racist. Splash Mountain IS Song of the South. No one's mind is going to be changed at this point, but if you are still defending the ride or the movie, take it up with the civil rights activists who protested this EIGHT DECADES AGO.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Geez. Song of the South is racist. Splash Mountain IS Song of the South. No one's mind is going to be changed at this point, but if you are still defending the ride or the movie, take it up with the civil rights activists who protested this EIGHT DECADES AGO.
No it is not. Splash Mountain is not "Song of the South: The Ride". It is very different and seperate from the movie and has stood as its own thing since it opened in the late 80's

Nland316

I’ve heard different rumors (don’t quite remember where) that there were alternative plans that fell through in favor of PatF for the retheme. Anybody possibly know what it was? It’s hard for me to imagine it’s not an IP, but I can’t really think of anything particularly fitting for the area/ride system.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I’ve heard different rumors (don’t quite remember where) that there were alternative plans that fell through in favor of PatF for the retheme. Anybody possibly know what it was? It’s hard for me to imagine it’s not an IP, but I can’t really think of anything particularly fitting for the area/ride system.
I remember hearing in a vid that Brother Bear (odd considering he's already in the ride) was considered at one point. I dont recall which vid

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Does anyone wanna tell me that Splash fans aren’t being shamed for liking the ride as it is?
Nobody is shaming you for liking the ride. We've told both you and Br'er Panther this before. We're not saying what we're saying to attack any fans of Splash, we're saying it so we can all be on the same page as to why the ride is being removed.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
It seems more like you’re trying to make everyone agree with the change.
Nope. There's a difference between "We hate you and Splash, here's why you should think our way", and "We get losing the ride sucks, seeing as most of us are fans of it, but we also accept that under the current circumstances the ride has to go". It's when the crazy Freddy Chambers claims and completely incorrect theories of the removal (Such as one week on Twitter caused them to do it) then we explain why it's wrong.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom