Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Some of the things those of you who support the retheme have said lack reason, too.
It’s definitely two-sided, but I assume the commentary from those fully in support of this you’ve been reading is from Twitter or somewhere else. Because I can only think of one person here who’s blatantly said that they support Splash’s removal. The rest of us have been trying to make sense of the decision.

SplashGhost

The only reason the re-theme is happening is because of the Tiana series coming to Disney+. If it wasn't for Chapek trying to tie everything into new movies and Disney+ series, the retheme wouldn't have even been in development. Disney just decided to take advantage of Black Lives Matter (a movement I personally support) to announce the change so they could win points with the fake woke crowd on Twitter.

Disney is not a "woke" company, they just like to act woke to win over people that don't realize how full of crap they are. If they were so "woke," their primary concern wouldn't be catering to China over representation. For examples of how Disney caters to China, just look at how they edited Finn out of the poster for The Force Awakens, and how the only LGBTQ+ representation in their films is stuff that can be easily edited out for China so they don't lose any money over it.

Anyway, this whole debacle over Splash Mountain is one of the reasons I left Twitter. If your are bullying someone over their opinion on a theme park ride, you are not "woke," you are just another bully hiding behind wokeness to try to justify your actions.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Okay, maybe it would have happened anyway, but A) the stuff under scrutiny actually had racial content in them, Splash Mountain doesn't have anything referencing racism in it at all (characters from Song of the South being in it doesn't count),
Which movie has been locked up for years and years? Which one do they pretend doesn't exist? It's as simple as this: In Disney's eyes, Song of the South has to go forever, and by that logic, Splash has to go forever.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Scuse me— In May of 2018, in this forum, I predicted Splash would be rethemed to get rid of SotS references, based on what I saw happening to PotC.

I’m quite certain Disney’s had this change on the drawing board for years.
I remember the speculation over Splash's fate when the Pirates upgrade happened. Honestly if they had first started kicking around ideas to replace Splash at that time too it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Brer Panther

We’re not even defending it. Only making sense of it and accepting Disney’s choice because it’s happening.
Constantly going "Song of the South is racist, there's a reason Disney hasn't released it for years, ergo Splash Mountain must go too" and "no, it was in development before people started demanding it!" isn't defending it?
Which movie has been locked up for years and years? Which one do they pretend doesn't exist? It's as simple as this: In Disney's eyes, Song of the South has to go forever, and by that logic, Splash has to go forever.
There it is right there. You're defending their decision to retheme the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom