Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Rich T

After a stress-filled day, I’ve found landscaping antique car rides in Planet Coaster to be the most relaxing thing ever...
D57D2514-52DB-42A4-8D49-64B5F247893D.png

SuddenStorm

Went on Splash and it was just as fun and charming as ever. Will miss this one a lot. Tower of Terror was painful but this is devastating.

Yep- I've had many people equate this closure to Tower of Terror but I think it's a different beast entirely.

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is among the last great additions to that park, and was designed by people who really understood Disneyland In a way today's imagineers don't.

How many Baxter rides are left untouched? Just Indy and Big Thunder?

CaptinEO

Yep- I've had many people equate this closure to Tower of Terror but I think it's a different beast entirely.

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is among the last great additions to that park, and was designed by people who really understood Disneyland In a way today's imagineers don't.

How many Baxter rides are left untouched? Just Indy and Big Thunder?
I agree, it has the magic and charm that nothing else offers.

Indy and Big Thunder both had significant changes made in 2013. Supposedly Tony was involved in Nemo as well.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I agree, it has the magic and charm that nothing else offers.

Indy and Big Thunder both had significant changes made in 2013. Supposedly Tony was involved in Nemo as well.
I don't think people count Nemo since it's an overlay/retheme of an existing attraction

Professortango1

It also doesn’t really make sense to have a mountain in a Georgia swamp—or to put the ride in Frontierland to begin with.
You've never heard of the Red Hills of Georgia? And Splash Mountain doesn't really feature a swamp on the facade. It is a waterway, a mill, and a briar patch that has grown at the base of Chikapin Hill. It isn't the bayou.

And Frontierland wasn't the original place for the attraction, Critter Country was. Critter Country is themed the the wooded hills of the American South.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Having so little faith that the attraction has any hope that you want it to be fast-tracked just so you can get it over with as soon as possible. As well as saying he doesn’t even want to ride it anymore. Maybe it’s just how I’m looking at it.

Late reply, but to repeat what others have said -- the Disneyland version is 100% going to be replaced, at this point. Consequently I'd rather see the attraction put out of its misery than watch it suffer months or years on life support. I say this as someone whose favorite thing in all of Disneyland is the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah finale.

I'm certainly holding out hope that the Orlando and Tokyo versions continue to exist, just so there's some version of the attraction out there in the world (and honestly, IMO, those are the superior attractions). But with the fate of the DL version sealed, I'm eager to let the attraction rest in peace and embrace something new.

CaptinEO

Late reply, but to repeat what others have said -- the Disneyland version is 100% going to be replaced, at this point. Consequently I'd rather see the attraction put out of its misery than watch it suffer months or years on life support. I say this as someone whose favorite thing in all of Disneyland is the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah finale.

I'm certainly holding out hope that the Orlando and Tokyo versions continue to exist, just so there's some version of the attraction out there in the world (and honestly, IMO, those are the superior attractions). But with the fate of the DL version sealed, I'm eager to let the attraction rest in peace and embrace something new.
Anything can happen. Disney's earnings reports are not looking too hot.

Who knows what might happen with Splash. Anything can change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom