Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

nokahoma

Which is why a giant mountain is really silly for a ride set in New Orleans. And the boat in a tree makes sense in the film due to the bayou. But unless we're bringing in Noah, the idea of a boat stuck in a tree atop of a 60 foot mountain seems a bit of a stretch. Its almost as if this ride was originally designed to be for a different story/setting....
It also doesn’t really make sense to have a mountain in a Georgia swamp—or to put the ride in Frontierland to begin with.

Brer Panther

Oh, jeez, aren't the Three Caballeros animatronics still replaced by plywood cutouts?

Did Disney's animatronic maintenance team get laid off too?

Kate F

Emotionally, I've ripped the bandaid off and am ready for them to close my beloved Splash Mountain forever and begin work on the PatF overlay. Honestly I think it'll be strange to ride Splash Mountain in the coming months (and years?), knowing its imminent fate. I kind of never want to ride it again. I'm hoping they fast-track this overlay (maybe they already have), and make it the next big project for Disneyland.
This is some next level pessimism, I can’t imagine having that mentality personally.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
This is some next level pessimism, I can’t imagine having that mentality personally.
How is that pessimism? Look, I don't know how else to say it: Splash Mountain is going away. I get the emotional reaction, it sucks yes. But it's inevitable. Splash, with its current theme, has always pretty much been a ticking time bomb

Last edited:

Kate F

How is that pessimism? Look, I don't know how else to say it: Splash Mountain is going away. I get the emotional reaction, it sucks yes. But it's inevitable. Splash has always pretty much been a ticking time bomb
It has had one of the highest wait times every day since it’s reopening in WDW. I get not wanting to be delusional, but it’s not set in stone just yet.

Kate F

How is that an example of someone being pessimistic? And “next level” pessimistic at that?
Having so little faith that the attraction has any hope that you want it to be fast-tracked just so you can get it over with as soon as possible. As well as saying he doesn’t even want to ride it anymore. Maybe it’s just how I’m looking at it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Having so little faith that the attraction has any hope that you want it to be fast-tracked just so you can get it over with as soon as possible. As well as saying he doesn’t even want to ride it anymore. Maybe it’s just how I’m looking at it.
He's saying now it would be strange to ride knowing that the PatF retheme was coming up. Like it or not, Splash Mountain is essentially on life support right now. We can all gather around, say our goodbyes and pretend there's all the time in the world to be together, but eventually the time for Splash will run out. There's no turning back for Disney on this. Splash's days are numbered

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
They’re accepting the current situation. If anything, I’d say it’s a reasonable and healthy response. Nothing negative and pessimistic about it at all and I encourage everyone to expect Splash to be going by-bye. Now that more people know about Song of the South, the likelihood of Disney changing their minds and deciding to keep Splash is quite tiny.

Kate F

They’re accepting the current situation. If anything, I’d say it’s a reasonable and healthy response. Nothing negative and pessimistic about it at all and I encourage everyone to expect Splash to be going by-bye. Now that more people know about Song of the South, the likelihood of Disney changing their minds and deciding to keep Splash is quite tiny.
What would pessimism be according to you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom