Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen that B'rer Bear butt in person. It's always completely dark by that moment in the ride. And I've certainly never heard "There's nothing in here but bees!" in real life, further obfuscating that plot development. If it weren't for LMGVids' low-light POVs (or having ridden the Orlando version many times), I'm not sure I'd have any idea what that moment is supposed to be.

The "There's nothing in here but bees" line has been playing too late for years. I'm not sure what's wrong with the sensor that triggers it, but it plays too late so you can only barely here it, as opposed to hearing it just as you drop.

I don't think it got fixed during the closure.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The "There's nothing in here but bees" line has been playing too late for years. I'm not sure what's wrong with the sensor that triggers it, but it plays too late so you can only barely here it, as opposed to hearing it just as you drop.

I don't think it got fixed during the closure.

Oh, okay. Yeah perhaps it just plays too late, and I've never heard it over the sound of everyone in the log screaming in anticipation of the buckets of water about to be dumped into their laps.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I mean, have you seen what they're doing to the Jungle Cruise?

Haha, I didn't say I was surprised, I'm merely expressing concern.

That said, it's possible an asinine "Let's all help Louis find his trumpet!" storyline could mitigate the potential damage of the re-theme. We know modern Imagineering tends to overdo it with "story" -- perhaps a loose premise would allow the visual humor and AA animal musicians to shine, and the ride could be a lightweight, jazzy journey down a wild river, as opposed to a 95 minute movie crammed into 4 minutes of poorly-paced show scenes.

That said, they can and should think of something better.

CaptinEO

DL's is way better. It's faster and the scenes and animatronics are charminng. Lighting as well. I don't go on rides for "story". I go for the experience.

Disney World's is like a clone that missed the mark.

PiratesMansion

DL's is way better. It's faster and the scenes and animatronics are charminng. Lighting as well. I don't go on rides for "story". I go for the experience.

Disney World's is like a clone that missed the mark.
WDW's isn't the one that's had major lighting issues for years.

I'd also say that the subsequent mountains were reworked enough that you really can't call them clones. Sure, the same basic beats are there, but DL and MK's Splash Mountains are no more clones than are their Space Mountains or Pirates rides. There's certainly more substantive change in the Splash rides vs., say, the Mansions.

At any rate, y'all can have Disneyland's. WDW's and Tokyo's Splash Mountains are far superior and it's not even close.

CaptinEO

WDW's isn't the one that's had major lighting issues for years.

I'd also say that the subsequent mountains were reworked enough that you really can't call them clones. Sure, the same basic beats are there, but DL and MK's Splash Mountains are no more clones than are their Space Mountains or Pirates rides. There's certainly more substantive change in the Splash rides vs., say, the Mansions.

At any rate, y'all can have Disneyland's. WDW's and Tokyo's Splash Mountains are far superior and it's not even close.
Lighting issues? Lower light the better for ambiance.

PiratesMansion

Lighting issues? Lower light the better for ambiance.
Except it's clearly not intentional and due the lack of maintenance.

I get that there are complications that make it harder to service parts of that ride but it's been bad for YEARS and they've generally shown little interest in doing anything about it. Not something I would personally defend.

Castle Cake Apologist

did you see the concept art? its on the mountain and its still a stupid idea whether its a tree or a mountain. why are you responding to something i posted months ago?

No, it's pretty clearly in a tree in the concept art, just like in the film. It looks like the plan is to make the top of the mountain a tree instead of a hilltop. How well this will work in practice remains to be seen.

retheme.jpg

It's not uncommon to find things like boats in trees after heavy rains in New Orleans, as it is so prone to flooding. The city sits an average of 1-2 feet below sea level, and the water table there is so high that they can't even bury their dead underground.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

"Let's all help Louis find his trumpet!" storyline could mitigate the potential damage of the re-theme. We know modern Imagineering tends to overdo it with "story" -- perhaps a loose premise would allow the visual humor and AA animal musicians to shine, and the ride could be a lightweight, jazzy journey down a wild river, as opposed to a 95 minute movie crammed into 4 minutes of poorly-paced show scenes.

That said, they can and should think of something better.
You are absolutely right as to how story should be applied! In regards to Disney thinking of something 'better,' I think people are putting far too much stock in the word of Jim Hill.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No, it's pretty clearly in a tree in the concept art, just like in the film. It looks like the plan is to make the top of the mountain a tree instead of a hilltop. How well this will work in practice remains to be seen.

View attachment 553432

It's not uncommon to find things like boats in trees after heavy rains in New Orleans, as it is so prone to flooding. The city sits an average of 1-2 feet below sea level, and the water table there is so high that they can't even bury their dead underground.
The tree is on the mountain. so.........

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Not sure what your point is? You told somebody that the boat was not in a tree (as seen in the film) in the concept art, which is clearly untrue. I was just giving you context as to why it's not unusual to see something like a boat up in a tree in a recently flooded bayou.
my point is my original point that the ship is on top of the mountain and looks stupid, tacky and unimaginative still stands, please try to follow along with the conversation

Mac Tonight

The thing to remember about concept art is that it is just that... a "concept". Disney could very easily decide that it's too expensive to try and shove a boat on top of the mountain, and not do it.

Professortango1

It looks like the plan is to make the top of the mountain a tree instead of a hilltop. How well this will work in practice remains to be seen.

Which is why a giant mountain is really silly for a ride set in New Orleans. And the boat in a tree makes sense in the film due to the bayou. But unless we're bringing in Noah, the idea of a boat stuck in a tree atop of a 60 foot mountain seems a bit of a stretch. Its almost as if this ride was originally designed to be for a different story/setting....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom