Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Josh D’amaro touched on Splash Mountain. Says we ll love how “contemporary” the retheme will be. Not really a word I’ve ever wanted associated Disneyland or what the park is about at all. I love all of the Contemporary lands at Disneyland. Especially Main Street.

And of course they once again twisted/ used the mandatory Walt quote about change.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

What city would you recommend?
Depends what you’re looking for I guess. I was born and raised way out in the desert in West Texas far from any other civilization, but I last lived in Austin, which is probably one of the best cities in America for the arts (huge independent music and film scenes). But to be honest something about living in Austin kind of bugged me which I haven’t really been able to put my finger on. A lot of Austin is very “fake” if that makes sense. A lot of young people very full of themselves who move there to “live the Austin lifestyle” and such.

I like Dallas too although the D/FW area is absolutely massive, the very definition of urban sprawl. San Antonio is a big city which feels smaller and more compact with a lot of Hispanic culture. Houston I don’t really know that much about, but it’s huge.

SplashGhost

Josh D’amaro touched on Splash Mountain. Says we ll love how “contemporary” the retheme will be. Not really a word I’ve ever wanted associated Disneyland or what the park is about at all. I love all of the Contemporary lands at Disneyland. Especially Main Street.

And of course they once again twisted/ used the mandatory Walt quote about change.

The last thing that I want from Disneyland is something that feels "contemporary." DCA is supposed to be the more modern feeling park, Disneyland should always feel classic and timeless.

The past is far from perfect, but Disneyland works so well because it presents an idealized fantasy past that is (or was) the perfect place to escape the dullness of contemporary life.

Sounds like Josh is doing a great job following in his boss' footsteps. More timeless, more modern, more Disney. Can't wait to see which Disneyland Land is victimized into becoming the next Pixar Pier.

If they desecrate The Haunted Mansion or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, I will know for sure that any love I have for the present Disney Parks is fully gone.

After the crap fest of 2020, it would be great to be able to look forward to the future of Disneyland instead of dreading it.

el_super

Oh ya I’m sure people were out with their pitchforks in droves when they they turned a piece of the Eeyore parking lot into Indiana Jones or when they saw Fantasyland 83 for the first time.

It's all just part of the normal cycle at Disneyland. Something gets removed, causes lots of outpouring of grief and anger. Something gets added in and the grief and anger goes away. If you don't think people were upset when the Mine Train was removed for Big Thunder, or the Indian Village was removed for Bear Country, you're need to talk to more people.

mickEblu

It's all just part of the normal cycle at Disneyland. Something gets removed, causes lots of outpouring of grief and anger. Something gets added in and the grief and anger goes away. If you don't think people were upset when the Mine Train was removed for Big Thunder, or the Indian Village was removed for Bear Country, you're need to talk to more people.

Mine Train is the one valid example you have and you guys milk it to death. And let’s say what you re saying is true, the difference between before and then is that people would be pleasantly surprised and not still upset when the likes of Pixar Pier is unveiled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom