Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Kirby86

Chapek seems to support the retheme too, though.
Outside of that one video from more then a year ago where he thought the ride was 60 years old. He's been silent on Splash. I'm not saying he is for or against the retheme but the last time he talked about it was during the zoom interview. I personally don't think he cares one way or the other. The Imagineers outside of a video of them eating at a New Orleans restaurant have been silent. We know more about The new Toon Town then this retheme and that was just announced. The entire company seems confused on Splash Mountain.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
What about Disney Worlds? I mean Disney Land took laughing place and Zip a dee do dah out of entrance music loop but it's Still in Disney Worlds. This really screams that Disney knows one coast will give then more grief then the other.
WDW recently re released a piece of art in Disney Springs that formerly featured the Br'ers. What are they replaced with but Tiana of course. That's pretty much it.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Outside of that one video from more then a year ago where he thought the ride was 60 years old. He's been silent on Splash. I'm not saying he is for or against the retheme but the last time he talked about it was during the zoom interview. I personally don't think he cares one way or the other. The Imagineers outside of a video of them eating at a New Orleans restaurant have been silent. We know more about The new Toon Town then this retheme and that was just announced. The entire company seems confused on Splash Mountain.
That video was July. So it seems he's still thinking about it, but it's more D'amaro at this point who's pushing the redo

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Outside of that one video from more then a year ago where he thought the ride was 60 years old. He's been silent on Splash. I'm not saying he is for or against the retheme but the last time he talked about it was during the zoom interview. I personally don't think he cares one way or the other.
I do recall seeing people on this site claim Chapek wasn't as on board with the retheme as Iger was. But I've heard a lot of conflicting things about the retheme online from "insiders", so...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If the ride is still popular even after it was publicly disowned by the company, I'd like to think that's testament enough that the retheme is a huge waste of money.
Unfortunately it’s unknown if that continued popularity is due only to the theme itself or the fact it’s a Disney flume ride in a Disney theme park. It’ll likely continue to be very popular without the SotS theme.

Kirby86

I do recall seeing people on this site claim Chapek wasn't as on board with the retheme as Iger was. But I've heard a lot of conflicting things about the retheme online from "insiders", so...
Yup I've read conflicting news too. Assuming they actually do have connections to the company my best guess is they have diffrent sources. Some departments may be saying the retheme is full speed ahead while others are saying hold your horses it's still a ways off or it's not happening.

CaptinEO

If the ride is still popular even after it was publicly disowned by the company, I'd like to think that's testament enough that the retheme is a huge waste of money.

Give Tiana her own ride and restaurant. Bulldoze the current New Orleans train station and build a train station/restaurant/dark ride complex there. If done right it could be really cool.
Disney likes retiming popular rides that don't need a retheme in the first place. Just look at Submarine Voyage, Tower of Terror, and Incredicoaster.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Screenshot_20220108-225718_Instagram.jpg

Im just glad they haven't taken this detail off the ride yet.

Dear Prudence

View attachment 612847
Im just glad they haven't taken this detail off the ride yet.
This is most likely a reference to Paul Robeson who was the original choice for Uncle Remus. He wanted the role, and Walt wanted him for it, but both had mutually decided that it was best that they chose someone else because of Robeson's politics. (Politics which didn't seem to bother Walt, so there's that.) Robeson was a God among men on stage and screen, a peerless voice. He was most well known for SHOW BOAT, both stage and screen. Cap't Andy is the captain of said Show BOAT. Like SOTS, SHOW BOAT was both considered revolutionary and controversial when it debuted, but remains as a nice reminder that the goal posts are allowed to change, and as they change, we can hold problematic media accountable and use them as examples of what ot to do whilst simultaneously acknowledging the BIPOC creative who worked on/in them. 💖

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom