Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

I still hate that concept art. Does Disney have any idea how stupid a blue Chickapin Hill is going to look, boat in the tree or no boat in the tree?

Has it been said that the ride will only have new songs? I'd be shocked if none of the songs from the movie were featured. Frozen Ever After takes place after the movie but has songs from the movie (then again, The Princess and the Frog's songs aren't quite as iconic as Frozen's). Has there EVER been an attraction based on a movie with new songs? Even Frozen Ever After doesn't have any new songs in it.

As for Facilier, didn't the leaked plot posted in this thread back in 2020 (I think) - the one with Louis trying to find his trumpet - say that the voodoo spirit guys would show up before and on the lift hill, with Dr. Facilier's shadow replacing Brer Fox's shadow? Honestly, I could see this going either way... either they'll include Facilier and the voodoo spirits (or just the voodoo spirits, who I guess just decide to mess with us for the heck of it) to replace the scene where Brer Fox catches Brer Rabbit because everyone's been suggesting it, or they won't have them in the ride out of fear that it'll be "too scary" and the ride will have no conflict whatsoever (Louis having difficulty finding his trumpet doesn't count) like with Frozen Ever After.

Wasn't the Giant Ursula scene cut from the Little Mermaid ride because the higher-ups thought it was too scary?

I hope that boat gets scrapped! I can see the execution on that going very wrong.

Brer Panther

I’m not sure. I think it’s all rumors at this point. If I was in the room I’d tell them that “this isn’t the one to experiment on.” Not on the retheme of one of your most beloved attractions of all time. The book report complaint can be misconstrued. I think people want familiar characters, music and songs. They just don’t want to go from one scene of the movie to next. Especially in a passive way like Mermaid. The Fantasyland rides are book reports for the most part but don’t feel that way because of the execution and how involved we are in the action. Think entering the huge cage in Pinocchio or flying over Neverland in Pan. An attraction just needs a couple of those moments to avoid being labeled a book report ride.
Maybe it'll be one of those "takes place after the movie but is a massive rehash of the movie". Like the Seas With Nemo and Friends.

Mac Tonight

Maybe it'll be one of those "takes place after the movie but is a massive rehash of the movie". Like the Seas With Nemo and Friends.
Ugh. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is such a tragedy compared to what was there before. I don't even know if I'd agree it's a rehash of the movie. Maybe in its most loose definition.

J4546

they are also adding tron to MK which will def help capacity a bit and draw more people to that side of the park. I feel like they will at least wait till tron is done before closing SM and will wait until the ToonTown refurb with MMRR is done in DL before closing for the retheme. Still a couple years away.

mickEblu

they are also adding tron to MK which will def help capacity a bit and draw more people to that side of the park. I feel like they will at least wait till tron is done before closing SM and will wait until the ToonTown refurb with MMRR is done in DL before closing for the retheme. Still a couple years away.

I don’t see them closing it at WDW before the 50th is over

SuddenStorm

It could end up looking cartoony and out of place on that side of the park. Kind of like what they did with Snow Whites facade on a bigger scale but at least that’s in Fantasyland. With that said, I think there is a lot of artistic liberty in that concept art. Hopefully they keep it toned down and scrap the idea for the boat in the tree.

It's crazy how Disneyland's color design has evolved over the years.

Main Street used to be subdued and looked very authentic. Now it's vibrant and whimsical- though it still looks great in my opinion.

Tomorrowland used to be basically 100% white and looked very believable- and now it's all kinds of shiny silvers and bluish with the occasional hint of the '98 redo.

The '60s-
1638932644457.png

2012-

1638932707708.png

The Castle is probably the easiest to see the difference-

1968-

1638932782055.png

2021-

1638932883996.png

The brighter and overdone paint jobs look great on Instagram, but overall make the park feel less natural and more artificial. Splash Mountain in its current form looks believable, even though it's an incredibly unique building- but nothing about the concept art looks like it'd be believable in person. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's crazy how Disneyland's color design has evolved over the years.

Main Street used to be subdued and looked very authentic. Now it's vibrant and whimsical- though it still looks great in my opinion.

Tomorrowland used to be basically 100% white and looked very believable- and now it's all kinds of shiny silvers and bluish with the occasional hint of the '98 redo.

The '60s-
View attachment 605818

2012-

View attachment 605820

The Castle is probably the easiest to see the difference-

1968-

View attachment 605821

2021-

View attachment 605822

The brighter and overdone paint jobs look great on Instagram, but overall make the park feel less natural and more artificial. Splash Mountain in its current form looks believable, even though it's an incredibly unique building- but nothing about the concept art looks like it'd be believable in person. If that makes sense.

I feel like it’s slowly gone from a place that wanted to transport you to other worlds to a place that want to take you to… Disneyland. The theming in a way kind of gets diluted every decade that goes by. Not in a technical way but further away from its roots. Maybe that’s just what happens when you reach Disney’s level of success or just what happens when you get further and further from the source of it all.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I feel like it’s slowly gone from a place that wanted to transport you to other worlds to a place that want to take you to… Disneyland. The theming in a way kind of gets diluted every decade that goes by. Not in a technical way but further away from its roots. Maybe that’s just what happens when you reach Disney’s level of success or just what happens when you get further and further from the source of it all.
To me it kind of feels like what happens when over generations of time the source material becomes increasingly modernized and in some cases perhaps watered down/diminished in favor of being more flashy and relevant.

The way I see traditions are like a game of telephone whether in corporate world or any organization (or even within families)… over time. And depending on how well the stewards of the “product” listen to the stewards that came immediately before them the end result will be an evolution of different generations’ impacts. Therefore any “broken link” in the chain further diluting the product for future generations to come.

Though for organizational survival/longevity sake evolution and modernization in and of itself isn’t necessarily bad though if done tactically. It’s just a delicate balance like so many things.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I still think this would make a passable redo that doesn't explain the story of PaTf beat for beat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom