Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

VJ

pfft, what does he know? probably being paid off by Big Theme Park. #doyourownresearch

/s

but seriously, there's no way disney is letting splash mountain close without a "Time To Be Movin' Along" merch line and a limited D23 event that costs $400 to be the last people ever to ride it

mickEblu

Hmmm. The early January closure isn’t typical. But what is typical after the last year and a half we had?

With that said, I’ll be sure to get at least one Splash ride in on each of my next few visits

Last edited:

mickEblu

pfft, what does he know? probably being paid off by Big Theme Park. #doyourownresearch

/s

but seriously, there's no way disney is letting splash mountain close without a "Time To Be Movin' Along" merch line and a limited D23 event that costs $400 to be the last people ever to ride it

I wouldn’t count on that. They haven’t sold any Splash merch at DL since the parks reopened.

AJFireman

This does seem to be the typical time it goes under refurbishment. Here is the last 10 years of dates except for 2016 which had a second refurb it was during winter.
  • January 10, 2022 to Unknown
  • Feb 4-14, 2019
  • Jan 2-Apr 13, 2018
  • Oct 3-Nov 3, 2016
  • Feb 8-18, 2016
  • Jan 12-Mar 30, 2015
  • Jan 21-Feb 27, 2014
  • Jan 22-Feb 14, 2013
  • Jan 18-May 26, 2011
Generally HM goes down the same time (first day after Holiday Season is over) so that little corner will be pretty quiet with only Pooh open.

Dear Prudence

No, I think this is the real deal. Probably looking at a closure until 2023.

I wouldn't rely on the average cast member to know jack about what's going on. They'll be the last to know, even if they work the attraction.
Since they were maintenance people, I'd trust them over anyone else.

I know I have said this before, but Splash cast members and maintenance crew (are they considered cast members?) are some of the most lovely and nicest people. Truly some top-shelf people. I think only other than the canoe guides and the Jungle Cruise skippers come close. I have a lot of respect for them.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

A certain rodent-conversation website (we're not supposed to name it, right?) is asserting that "if all goes as planned," the ride will close in January and reopen as Tiana Mountain.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

A certain rodent-conversation website (we're not supposed to name it, right?) is asserting that "if all goes as planned," the ride will close in January and reopen as Tiana Mountain.
Saw that also. Everyone else online seems to be reporting this is standard seasonal maintenance, though.

Of course maybe the site that shan’t be named knows something (*places on tinfoil hat*) and someone is planning a “Small World-level event” that will indefinitely close the attraction. Who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mickEblu

I wouldn’t be shocked. That’s what I was getting at earlier. Early January is on the early side of it going down for its Winter refurb. Something about it being on the extreme early side this year of all years tells me there is good chance it’s the last time we see Splash Mountain. Makes it seem like they kept it open long enough to do it’s duty and be open during the holidays.

SoCalDisneyLover

I know I have said this before, but Splash cast members and maintenance crew (are they considered cast members?) are some of the most lovely and nicest people. Truly some top-shelf people. I think only other than the canoe guides and the Jungle Cruise skippers come close. I have a lot of respect for them.
They may very well be the nicest, most lovely people on the planet. That doesn't mean they would know Disney's plans.

TP2000

I know I have said this before, but Splash cast members and maintenance crew (are they considered cast members?) are some of the most lovely and nicest people. Truly some top-shelf people. I think only the canoe guides and the Jungle Cruise skippers come close. I have a lot of respect for them.

Well, at least now we know who your demographic is.... Young men in fringed buckskin and khaki. Well done my dear lady, you have very good taste! :cool:

mickEblu

Nope. Delayed apparently. Hopefully indefinitely…

Maybe they ll just keep delaying this until people forget about it. Besides hasn’t cancel culture been cancelled already? I still believe that Splash would be around for another 20+ years if Disney didn’t chicken out/ virtue signal during the height of BLM.

I know everyone says it’s too late to back out but time is a funny thing and people won’t care in a few years. Especially if they announce a brand new purpose built attraction for PatF elsewhere in the park.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I'd love for the overlay to be quietly cancelled, but that would still leave us with an attraction that's perennially in a sad state of disrepair. I'm almost rooting for Tiana at this point -- it's the only way this thing will ever get updated.

ToTBellHop

Maybe they ll just keep delaying this until people forget about it. Besides hasn’t cancel culture been cancelled already? I still believe that Splash would be around for another 20+ years if Disney didn’t chicken out/ virtue signal during the height of BLM.

I know everyone says it’s too late to back out but time is a funny thing and people won’t care in a few years. Especially if they announce a brand new purpose built attraction for PatF elsewhere in the park.
Just develop a new PatF ride and drop it somewhere at DL and WDW…done. It’s certainly worthy of a dark ride. They need to stop pandering. Their first Black princess deserves her own, novel ride, not a layover. And this would be easy for DPB to spin. “While developing an update to Splash Mountain, we realized we have so many ideas for Princess and the Frog that it really deserves it’s own new ride… blah blah blah paint colors blah blah blah you are the Magic.”

truecoat

Someone on Twitter named Scott Gustin stated that he verified with Disney that Splash is not permanently closing in January. I don't know who he is or what he knows but Blog Mickey ran with his tweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom