Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

CaptinEO

View attachment 599920
So after comparing the two scenes, it really does become clear how possible it is that the redo takes only 8 months. Pull the SotS figs, plug Tiana/Naveen/Louis, add some shadow animals on the other bank, repaint and boom.
Thank you for coming to this TED talk
It took 6 months to add red tubes and plastic figures to California Screaming. Something on the scale of Splash Mountain I'd guarantee you 2.5 years minimum.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20211115-153117_Instagram.jpg

BuzzedPotatoHead89

We've crossed the 500+ day mark since the announcement and we still don't know what year the damn ride is actually going to close. 🤣
What’s amazing to me is that since this ride was announced two additional ride inclusivity changes (JC and Cartoon spin) have been announced and will likely be fully completed before the last America Sings Goose sings it’s Zip-dee-do-dah swan song.

And with so little actual detail still coming out it’s clear this was quite early in development.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

All kidding aside, is anyone else getting kind of.... nervous that it's just the same meaningless buzzwords over and over and....not really much else? :oops:
Until MBA and comms programs at major universities change or there is some sea change in how shareholders act this is how Corporate America operates in a nutshell.

It’s like having a thesaurus with all but 3 pages torn out. When in doubt pull from selected talking points, defer hard decisions, rinse repeat.

el_super

All kidding aside, is anyone else getting kind of.... nervous that it's just the same meaningless buzzwords over and over and....not really much else? :oops:

They're not really ready to sell the attraction yet, so they're focused on selling the idea of changing the attraction over. They are still absolutely working on it though. In the grand tradition of WDI, they decided to make the design/conceptualization process more complicated than it really needed to be.

Dear Prudence

They're not really ready to sell the attraction yet, so they're focused on selling the idea of changing the attraction over. They are still absolutely working on it though. In the grand tradition of WDI, they decided to make the design/conceptualization process more complicated than it really needed to be.
they can at least spice up the vernacular. I am sure there are more words than the 5 they keep recycling

el_super

they can at least spice up the vernacular. I am sure there are more words than the 5 they keep recycling

They put a lot of thought into the words they use, and they choose them all purposefully. Spicing something up is a sure fire way to enrage some group or another.

Part of the issue though is, as they keep touting this to different groups, they are communicating this message as if the audience is hearing it for the first time. It isn't really tailored for the audience that is soaking it up three or four or five times, desperate to hear any news about what is going on.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I kind of want to sit down with Damaro and ask him about Splash and every time he tries the inclusion speech be like "We've established that. Anything else?"

el_super

I kind of want to sit down with Damaro and ask him about Splash and every time he tries the inclusion speech be like "We've established that. Anything else?"

Yeah but eventually you will get the "we have nothing more to share at this time" line. They will wait until it is most advantageous to them, to release more attraction details. Maybe at a D23 event or if the D+ subscriber counts start going negative.

They are still working on it, and I wouldn't be surprised if something new comes out soon (even if it just gets leaked).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom