Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Kate F

Well, one thing that bothers me specifically is that even though they’re getting what they want, people on the anti-Splash side still feel the need to put fans down just to pile it on some more. As a fan, it just feels like we can’t get a break sometimes.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Well, one thing that bothers me specifically is that even though they’re getting what they want, people on the anti-Splash side still feel the need to put fans down just to pile it on some more. As a fan, it just feels like we can’t get a break sometimes.
But why do you care so much? It’s not a big deal.

Childish.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
This comment has major 5th grader picking on 2nd grader during recess on the playground vibes.
This is exactly what my initial comment was going to sound like, but I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to say it. It reminds me of when I used to run to my mom, screaming and crying because my little sister may have called me “stupid head,” or something. I was maybe 3-6-years-old. Very, very childish and immature, but appropriate for my age.

That grown adults are getting into these childish things is weird.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’m not sure who you’re referring to but the people that you’re allowing to get under your skin and live rent free in your head really don’t care that much. Social media is not real life and shouldn’t be taken personally. It’s best to enjoy the ride as it is now than sulk in its removal.

Don’t engage with social media trolls; or allow your own frustration to turn you into someone that trolls the Disney stans yourself. Your time is better spent focusing on the positive.

Maybe visit the park more times so you can to take in the ride. There’s still time to enjoy it and take it in.

Dear Prudence

I say this with a lot of love, but please, please block these people and stop engaging them. I have noticed that people specifically target you and gang up on you, on Twitter. etc. I know you love Splash Mountain and that it's important to you, and these people will never understand why. The best you can do for yourself is to block them. Make your social media private for a while if you have to. If y'all camps are both so right, neither one of you wouldn't be as defensive or aggressive. Your mental health deserves better.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I think the worst look in the situation is that it's still open.
If keeping it open buys the Imagineering team sufficient time and budget to design a better attraction, so be it.

Assuming this was announced early in the planning process, I’m not convinced there’s an urgent need to mothball the ride now from a capacity/operations perspective until they’re ready.

Dear Prudence

Disney parks fans are a strange bunch to begin with, but add in the toxicity of Twitter and you've got some truly insufferable people. I can't imagine actually criticizing someone for enjoying a theme park attraction. It's beyond belief.
The "discourse" I've seen on Twitter is truly disgusting. The anti Splash people not only drown out BIPOC concerns on the issue, they purposely target neurodivergent people to pick on. Oh yes, real heroes. Drowning out BIPOC and block them for trying to gently correct you whilst targeting/mocking Autistics. It's vomit inducing.

The pro Splash people scream about cancel culture (which isn't real LMAOOOOO) and circulate racist images to "prove their point."

Meanwhile BIPOC cannot be heard over the grandstanding.

Again, the block options on social media exist for a reason for both camps. I utilize it to block both of them. 🙏🏽

mickEblu

If they were serious about making a stance for change, it wouldn't have reopened with the parks, capacity be darned.

That’s their own damn fault for coming out so hard against their own product. Every damn communication or park blog regarding Splash they slap themselves on the wrist/ pat themselves on the back. Wasn’t very well thought through. Especially if they didn’t plan on having it closed when the parks opened. With that said, I’m glad it’s open and we get to enjoy for a little while longer. It also would have been a little ridiculous of them to take such a strong stance on the heels of BLM. It would have made them look as if they woke up that day and decided Splash was bad all of a sudden. This way they can slow play it and pretend it was in the works all along. Then they get to also defer spending money on a mega Popular E ticket that doesn’t need anything but spit and polish. All while they keep on virtue signaling every chance they get.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
If they were serious about making a stance for change, it wouldn't have reopened with the parks, capacity be darned.
They’ve never been serious about taking a stance or making a change. Disney is fake when it comes to the topic of diversity and inclusion. They don’t actually care about the two.

Phonies.

Dear Prudence

They weren’t. This shouldn’t even be up for debate at this point, despite what the stans want to believe.

They were serious on capitalizing on the moment though. They weren’t throwing away their shot.
Everyone literally has amnesia. Disney released all of these diversity statements and reimaging whatever videos, and then King Louis is literally in ever WDW 50th celebration. Tiger Lilly is on new Lounge Fly bags. They still won't address Pocahontas. They didn't even wait a full year to put out Peter Pan merch with Tiger Lilly or Cannibal Cove on it. This company is pitiful. Those messages weren’t for the people whom this actually effects, it's for the obnoxious virtue signallers who use BIPOC pain for their own internet points.

They got their hand caught in a cookie jar, and I am frankly enjoying the spiral. It's what they get for ruining Brer Rabbit in the first place.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

It should be closed until further notice. *under reimagination*
If Disney is serious about representation in an ideal world this attraction should at least be on the level of AAs that are featured in the BaTB dark ride in Tokyo since this is a modern e-ticket and not a Cardboard flat aesthetic. In addition, I would assume some of the existing AS AAs will either be reskinned or refreshed. I’d also like to see Cal-OSHA compliant fall protection added, cement removal, and possibly a log redesign.

That doesn’t even start on the queue/exterior which would need to be redesigned to no longer look like a burrow/briar patch aesthetic.

This all requires an immense amount of planning to ensure this upgrade hits with guests. This is likely to take well over a year as is, there’s no reason to close the attraction when it’s still bringing in guests. At some point the reality of park operations has intersect with Disney’s newfound desire to promote inclusion.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Everyone literally has amnesia. Disney released all of these diversity statements and reimaging whatever videos, and then King Louis is literally in ever WDW 50th celebration. Tiger Lilly is on new Lounge Fly bags. They still won't address Pocahontas. They didn't even wait a full year to put out Peter Pan merch with Tiger Lilly or Cannibal Cove on it. This company is pitiful. Those messages weren’t for the people whom this actually effects, it's for the obnoxious virtue signallers who use BIPOC pain for their own internet points.

They got their hand caught in a cookie jar, and I am frankly enjoying the spiral. It's what they get for ruining Brer Rabbit in the first place.
Lol. King Louie was featured on Dancing with the Stars Disney night 2 nights ago and one of the judges literally said “Zip a Dee Doo Dah” (gasp!).

This is all performative for optics, but if they’re going to do it, they should at least do the ride justice, and do it right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom