Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Kate F

I said I wasn’t gonna come back to this site, but I did really want to share a thought that I had for MK’s if you’re gonna force me to accept a retheme of my favorite ride. As far as Disneyland’s goes, that is not the resort I frequent and is not the version I grew up with (but even if it wasn’t, I still think DL’s is inferior and I’m not as torn about that one leaving personally).

I’d also like to apologize for my radical comments from a few months ago that made it seem like I was treating those for the retheme with contempt. If Splash fans and retheme supporters can’t cooperate with each other even before the deed is done, what makes people think it’s gonna die down after the fact?

Attachments

• 4A637D3A-E7F9-4AB9-9533-8E23B48F5706.jpeg
    4A637D3A-E7F9-4AB9-9533-8E23B48F5706.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Kate F

My sister is a retheme supporter. She’s dead to me.
I don’t hate retheme supporters, but it seems to be a rarity when you have a fan and a retheme supporter be able to get along and have an unheated conversation. I just wish we could be able to hear each other out and get along without jumping to conclusions about people because of what side of this issue they fall on.

Kate F

There are definitely people on my side of the fence that I will admit are extreme and completely unwilling to listen to the other side just as much as we perceive our opposition to be unwilling to listen. We haven’t been all tolerant angels either. And that is a problem that needs to be fixed. Don’t know how, but it can’t continue like this.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

My sister is a retheme supporter. She’s dead to me.
Now this feels like an interesting story. Should make for fun Thanksgiving conversation lol.

I’d be gun-ho on the retheme if I just had a little faith in WDI’s execution, which is quite a mixed record at best as of late. I accept I’m not the target audience and SoTS is really not a “modern” franchise by most standards.

I still need more detail before I can commit to be fully on the “pro” side.

PiratesMansion

I got to ride WDW's yesterday. Tried to document the queue and such as much as I could, but put everything away for the ride proper. Splash is not and has never really been my favorite, but it's definitely one of the best and most important rides they've done-all three versions. It's going to be a huge blow to the park(s) and resort(s) when it's gone.

I will miss it, I am sad for those who are losing one of their favorites, and I hope that whatever we get lives up to Splash's legacy.

mickEblu

Now this feels like an interesting story. Should make for fun Thanksgiving conversation lol.

I’d be gun-ho on the retheme if I just had a little faith in WDI’s execution, which is quite a mixed record at best as of late. I accept I’m not the target audience and SoTS is really not a “modern” franchise by most standards.

I still need more detail before I can commit to be fully on the “pro” side.

Lol I was just kidding but she is a big PatF fan so she is looking forward to that IP having representation at the parks. With that said, she still prefers Splash Mountain stays in its current form.

I’m losing more and more faith in WDI every day. I’m not expecting this retheme to do Splash justice which is a shame because all the elements are there.

mickEblu

I don’t hate retheme supporters, but it seems to be a rarity when you have a fan and a retheme supporter be able to get along and have an unheated conversation. I just wish we could be able to hear each other out and get along without jumping to conclusions about people because of what side of this issue they fall on.

I was just kidding but I think when you frame it as retheme supporters v Splash fans I think it comes off a lot more serious that it really is. It’s more like reasonable people (on both sides of the fence) v crazy people on Reddit.

mickEblu

I got to ride WDW's yesterday. Tried to document the queue and such as much as I could, but put everything away for the ride proper. Splash is not and has never really been my favorite, but it's definitely one of the best and most important rides they've done-all three versions. It's going to be a huge blow to the park(s) and resort(s) when it's gone.

I will miss it, I am sad for those who are losing one of their favorites, and I hope that whatever we get lives up to Splash's legacy.

It really will be a blow. Losing that sound track on the ride and land is going to suck.

mickEblu

Not to mention the slippery slope if they start renaming/ retheming the land. Possible retheme of Hungry Bear and then further into the future Disneyland Forward. The future of Critter Country being the charming little “Pacific Northwest” nook isn’t looking too hot.

Kate F

I was just kidding but I think when you frame it as retheme supporters v Splash fans I think it comes off a lot more serious that it really is. It’s more like reasonable people (on both sides of the fence) v crazy people on Reddit.
I don’t know what else you want me to call it. Obviously the people who aren’t as passionate about it are not going to be getting into confrontations. It still is a problem that people are being put down just because of what side they’re on, even if it is just a few that are directly engaging in fights. I don’t see it getting better as time goes on either. You can hardly even mention that you’re a fan of the ride now without getting some kind of grief, and I’m sure the other side gets sick of the typical stuff that gets said of them as well. Tensions might die down but I doubt it.

Dear Prudence

I don't understand why people on either side of this "fued" don't realize the block button exists. Boom, blocked, done, that simple. I am a huge fan of block options on social media. Both the pro and anti Splash people are some of the most annoying people on the planet because all they want to do is monopolize space in a conversation they don't belong. Grandstanding about Splash Mountain doesn't make you Not Like Other Girls ™️ or One of The Good Ones ™️, it just makes you exhausting.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I don’t know what else you want me to call it. Obviously the people who aren’t as passionate about it are not going to be getting into confrontations. It still is a problem that people are being put down just because of what side they’re on, even if it is just a few that are directly engaging in fights. I don’t see it getting better as time goes on either. You can hardly even mention that you’re a fan of the ride now without getting some kind of grief, and I’m sure the other side gets sick of the typical stuff that gets said of them as well. Tensions might die down but I doubt it.
It’s nothing going on outside of the small circles you discuss this with others in. This is not some big topic.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Exactly. Just cherish and be grateful for the time you have left with it. It doesn't even look like it's going away anytime soon. Just appreciate it while it's here, if it's that important for you.
Yep. Otherwise, some folks are going to drive themselves crazy. It is what it is. It seems quite clear that Disney is moving forward with this. It really sucks and the only thing we can do is continue to express ourselves here, but to paint it as this big issue between those who support it and those that don't is honestly strange.

Dear Prudence

Yep. Otherwise, some folks are going to drive themselves crazy. It is what it is. It seems quite clear that Disney is moving forward with this. It really sucks and the only thing we can do is continue to express ourselves here, but to paint it as this big issue between those who support it and those that don't is honestly strange.
I block every single person in either direction I see bring it up on Twitter. The (mostly yt) anti-Splash people are especially toxic, gloating and crowing over how much better they are than the pro-Splash people. Using Black and Indigenous pain for your own clout and your own internet brownie points isn't a much better of a look, honestly. 🥴 A lot of folks are unhappy and uncomfortable with the change (and a lot of them BIPOC), but they've accepted that it will change. I do my darndest to bridge that empathy gap, because this IS all very complicated and sad, but if you are committed to engaging with people in a strange, sick oneupmanship, I can't help you. Calling people names isn't going to help anyone. Be grateful for whatever time is left, and if you feel that strongly about it, just block people, for the love of God.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom