Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

socalifornian

They'll just turn off the music and lights until they can get enough money to overlay it, call it Splash Mountain: COMPLETE DARKNESS. All the APs will flock to Disneyland to ride it and then buy a Tiana popcorn bucket at the nearby giftshop.
Given that it’s already dark and earmarked for yesterland in a pandemic, this is what our final ride throughs will be like with the lights in the on position

SuddenStorm

We shall see. I would assume their plan was to be open by now. Close it in January while it's cold and begin the transformation for a summer opening. Now, who knows.

That's not even close to what their rumored plans were.

It's worth stressing- the retheme announcement was a rushed PR move based on concept art of a shelved blue sky concept from a year ago. Very little technical work has been done. Most rumors placed it's closure in 2022, and it would be a bit more involved of a retheme- so it wouldn't be a quick turnaround.

Brer Oswald

I just watched POVs for both Splash Mountains.

Still not seeing what's so racist about them.
I’m going to have to ask you to let it go. You’re poking the delusional bears who will make up excuses to justify their ridiculous opinion. Just stop.

Obviously the ride isn’t racist. The people who are championing that idea have admitted in the past that it isn’t, and have only now moved the goal post to act like “they’ve won”.

End of discussion. You don’t need to continuously be verified. Once is enough.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

We shall see. I would assume their plan was to be open by now. Close it in January while it's cold and begin the transformation for a summer opening. Now, who knows.

There was a rumor on the “site that shan’t be named” that there was an attempt to quietly not reopen DL with Splash to ensure some of the $$ is spent and spread the cost out over this last quarterly budget. I still see that as very unlikely.

Were I to bet I’d say Splash at DL’s probably will close in Fall 2022, after more details are likely revealed at the September 2022 D23. Assuming a Spring/Summer 2021 park reopen under Newsom’s layers of reopening guidelines that *should* be well over a year for fans to say goodbye to our favorite Brer critters (fingers crossed).

SuddenStorm

There was a rumor on the “site that shan’t be named” that there was an attempt to quietly not reopen DL with Splash to ensure some of the $$ is spent and spread the cost out over this last quarterly budget. I still see that as very unlikely.

That move would kill any interest I have in spending money there again. Getting rid of a ride happens- I wish it didn't for this particular ride- but if we got a year to ensure a few more rides I'd be far more "ok" with it than closing it without giving fans of the beloved attraction a last chance to ride.

SuddenStorm

I remember when this figure came out last year to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the attraction. I think it helped demonstrate how poorly Disney was handling the ride even then. This piece could just as easily be a 'Song of the South anniversary figure', nothing about it sets it apart as a Splash Mountain piece. It should have had something iconic to the ride itself- the riverboat, the America Sings figures, or a recreation of a vignette from the ride. I mean, I still bought it- but it's a darn shame Disney wasn't able to merchandise the ride better over the years.

1603705340808.png

Brer Panther

In Summer 2019 we got special shirts and funko pop sets as well to commemorate the ride, which Disney heavily promoted for its 30th anniversary. The next year the same company says the ride is problematic and not inclusive. What an insult to fans of Splash Mountain.

I love how Disney just did a 180 out of nowhere "lets celebrate this ride!". One year later... "if you like this ride you are racist".
And they're still trying to claim that this isn't because of the petitions.

Anjin

In Summer 2019 we got special shirts and funko pop sets as well to commemorate the ride, which Disney heavily promoted for its 30th anniversary. The next year the same company says the ride is problematic and not inclusive. What an insult to fans of Splash Mountain.

I love how Disney just did a 180 out of nowhere "lets celebrate this ride!". One year later... "if you like this ride you are racist".
Anyone who thinks you are a racist for enjoying Splash Mountain is an idiot. I suspect that this is actually a strawman argument, though.

Song of the South had been an albatross around the neck of Disney for decades. For all the work that Tony Baxter and company did to avoid the negative connotations in the ride, it has increasing been a bad look for Disney to make money off of a property they can't publicly support.

It did not take a petition to make this happen. Disney admitted that they had already considered this change. Events just conspired to make it politically convenient to forge ahead with that plan.

Last edited:

Big Thunder 25

I haven't been on here in a little while, but I really hate the removal of "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" from the music loop.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no Disneyland without "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah," since it is so synonymous with not only Splash Mountain, but the entire park.

This has been an incredibly depressing year and, the fact that people turned one of the happiest songs ever sung into something negative has just made it worse. I have dealt with depression for most of my life, and that song has made me feel the pure happiness that is so rare to me. No other song has that effect on me.

So thanks "woke Twitter" for trying to ruin one of the few things that helped someone that has struggled from lifelong depression.
Yeah they're pretty messed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom