Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

BuzzedPotatoHead89

The chase the trumpet part sounds extremely cringey to me. Like after the second vignette how does that not get old?

Listening to Jim Hill it sounds like we’re really probably looking at 4-5 Luis AAs at most, anyway:

1) Luis drops trumpet out of excitement gazing upon Tiana and Naveen (likely either where Br’er Bear first appears or Br’er rabbit and turtle first appear)
2) Luis’ backside sticking out over the double dip drop into the LP.
3) Luis stuck in prickly thorns as a substitute for the Br’er rabbit honey scene.

Post-drop:
4) Luis has/plays his trumpet aboard the zip-a-dee-lady alongside Tiana, Naveen and a bunch of critter AAs fortune enough to be on their 3rd life.
5) Luis in place of the final scene with Br’er fox and Br’er Bear misplaced his trumpet again and it’s on his head.

Gags abound, hilarious! Comedic genius.

I’d expect many of the America Sings frogs and gators to survive as well as several of the ducks to be reskinned as the pink flamingos (if that’s what they are?) from mama Ode’s.

mickEblu

Listening to Jim Hill it sounds like we’re really probably looking at 4-5 Luis AAs at most, anyway:

1) Luis drops trumpet out of excitement gazing upon Tiana and Naveen (likely either where Br’er Bear first appears or Br’er rabbit and turtle first appear)
3) Luis stuck in prickly thorns as a substitute for the Br’er rabbit honey scene.

Post-drop:
4) Luis has/plays his trumpet aboard the zip-a-dee-lady alongside Tiana, Naveen and a bunch of critter AAs fortune enough to be on their 3rd life.
5) Luis in place of the final scene with Br’er fox and Br’er Bear misplaced his trumpet again and it’s on his head.

Gags abound, hilarious! Comedic genius.

I’d expect many of the America Sings frogs and gators to survive as well as several of the ducks to be reskinned as the pink flamingos (if that’s what they are?) from mama Ode’s.

I hope you re right about the AAs. I’ll say this - it’s harder to mess up Disneylands Splash Mountain. Those logs are going so fast that you I don’t have a whole lot of time to take it all in. They just need to limit the dialogue and story, pick the right music and follow what was done with the Splash Mountain Mountain vignettes. Oh ya and keep screens limited to backgrounds only

mickEblu

I'm glad to hear that Ray will at least be in the ride, but this still sounds preeeeeeeeeeetty crappy. I don't like imagining the Laughing Place being stripped of animatronics and just being a bunch of lights meant to represent fireflies.

I’m pretty sure the fireflies are meant to kind of replace the bees and that there will be some AAs even if less but yes still a downgrade.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

I'm guessing that takes place of Br'er Bear being stung by bees if they're going for a reskin of BB

D.Silentu

The chase the trumpet part sounds extremely cringey to me. Like after the second vignette how does that not get old?
Hey, trumpets are the new hens! Regarding Jim Hill, hopefully his track record of misdirection hold true here. Although, the idea of having some visual interest in the splash down tunnel isn't half bad.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, they clearly have to make it more Immersive. Simply bobbing through the mountain past these characters in an unrelated story isn't enough. I mean, we don't play any role in it! We're just observers.

We need to be recruited and actively play a role in the story to make it more Immersive. Because we're all special and determine the fate of the experience with our speciality, and we'll be thanked personally by Tiana like E.T. for saving Mardi Gras.

mickEblu

Hey, trumpets are the new hens! Regarding Jim Hill, hopefully his track record of misdirection hold true here. Although, the idea of having some visual interest in the splash down tunnel isn't half bad.

I agree although I hope some stuff is true. I like the idea of them honoring the Splash Mountain vignettes. I like that the ride will stay woodsy/ outdoors themed and not be focused on Tiana and Naveen. I like the idea of Dr. Facilier and Friends on the other side music on the lift hill as it tells me this won’t be Frozen Ever After the Remix.

I don’t like hearing we re going to lose a lot of AAs or the whole Louis chasing his trumpet thing but a part of me thinks even if true it won’t be so central to the story as it may sound. Over all sounds like a mixed bag.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

download (2).jpeg

PiratesMansion

Considering the loss of animatronics, reportedly, Disneyland's version has 103 animatronics and Disney World's has 68.

I'd like to posit that the removal of some (by no means all, or even most) of the animatronics does not necessarily mean the ride will be worse off. I and many others actually prefer the WDW version of the attraction, and while WDW has fewer animatronics, I'd argue that the ones they do have are staged better and each individual animatronic is higher impact. Sometimes in the DL version they bleed together in a way that their individual impact is no longer felt and it becomes about quantity for the sake of it; incidentally, this is the only attraction where I feel that this is the case.

More effective pruning of the AA's in the way of WDW's COULD happen in the restaging of Disneyland's, and the impact of the remaining animatronics could be more strongly felt; I haven't heard (but am not frequenting the WDW side of the boards, where this may have been said) that WDW's version is losing animatronics, so perhaps that is simply what is being proposed, to go to a more streamlined approach.

I know that the animatronics themselves are historic and all, but was it ever really "honoring" America Sings by reusing the animatronics if the show still closed? Marc Davis certainly didn't think so or take it that way.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

I know the idea of media in the ride makes us all cringe, but I think there's an opportunity for some excellent projection mapping and, based on the imagineer in charge, a strong chance we'll see some.
That, and it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. There can be effective use of animatronics AND projections; it's not mutually exclusive.

Now Disney could always Disney and ignore the obvious, but the potential to use these different elements harmoniously and effectively is there. Especially if they wise up at some point and recognize that this is NOT the project to cut the budget on given the profile of the original ride and the revamp.

mickEblu

Posted this in the WDW thread in response to someone saying most of the AAs Will have to go.

True except from what I remember Louis is very anthropomorphic and if we use him as reference then it is possible to keep some or most of the big anthropomorphic dogs, geese, alligators etc. The clothes for me is the biggest distinction between Splash Mountain and PatF. I guess we can just make them naked and voila. Although it would be kind of strange to disrobe AAs that have been dressed for 31 years.

In the end if they really want to make it work they can. I don’t think anyone would bat an eye at the different style Splash AAs except for the imagineers who created Galaxies Edge that need everything to be hyper real, depressing and boring. They can kind of meet in the middle and make some of the newer figures match the AAs that are there now. That and a little proper staging go a long way. Besides, you can find a way to justify anything. Like why are we in a log on a mountain in New Orleans in the first place? Why is that not an issue but the show enhancing AAs are? I just think it’s pretty silly to take out these great AAs because they wont match the new fiberglass figure. That would be like taking all of the nice expensive furniture out of your house because it doesn’t match the new cheap rug someone bought you.

Easy fix - put a shirt on Louis. This is after the movie and in New Orleans people prefer him clothed so he’s uncomfortable being naked now.

If and when most of the AAs are removed it won’t because they have to or because it’s better for the show it will be to save money on maintenance and so the imagineers working on it can really put their stamp on the new attraction - for better or (probably) worse.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Posted this in the WDW thread in response to someone saying most of the AAs Will have to go.

True except from what I remember Louis is very anthropomorphic and if we use him as reference then it is possible to keep some or most of the big anthropomorphic dogs, geese, alligators etc. The clothes for me is the biggest distinction between Splash Mountain and PatF. I guess we can just make them naked and voila. Although it would be kind of strange to disrobe AAs that have been dressed for 31 years.

In the end if they really want to make it work they can. I don’t think anyone would bat an eye at the different style Splash AAs except for the imagineers who created Galaxies Edge that need everything to be hyper real, depressing and boring. They can kind of meet in the middle and make some of the newer figures match the AAs that are there now. That and a little proper staging go a long way. Besides, you can find a way to justify anything. Like why are we in a log on a mountain in New Orleans in the first place? Why is that not an issue but the show enhancing AAs are? I just think it’s pretty silly to take out these great AAs because they wont match the new fiberglass figure. That would be like taking all of the nice expensive furniture out of your house because it doesn’t match the new cheap rug someone bought you.

Easy fix - put a shirt on Louis. This is after the movie and in New Orleans people prefer him clothed so he’s uncomfortable being naked now.

If and when most of the AAs are removed it won’t because they have to or because it’s better for the show it will be to save money on maintenance and so the imagineers working on it can really put their stamp on the new attraction - for better or (probably) worse.

The easiest solution I see is putting the AAs in “Mardi Gras” attire to prepare for the celebration. This would explain why the AAs have clothes. As I recall Tiana can still speak to the animals after transforming back to a human so perhaps they can coordinate for the Mardi Gras parade? If they really want to explain this backstory they can in the queue I suppose.

Presumably with more fanciful colorful 1920s flapper dresses and jester-style suits. Maybe colorful top hats, vests, etc. Several of them could also likely be holding various musical instruments for the finale.

mickEblu

The easiest solution I see is putting the AAs in “Mardi Gras” attire to prepare for the celebration. This would explain why the AAs have clothes. As I recall Tiana can still speak to the animals after transforming back to a human so perhaps they can coordinate for the Mardi Gras parade? If they really want to explain this backstory they can in the queue I suppose.

Presumably with more fanciful colorful 1920s flapper dresses and jester-style suits. Maybe colorful top hats, vests, etc. Several of them could also likely be holding various musical instruments for the finale.

Sounds like a great way to justify keeping the AAs. Just please I don’t want to hear “this way to Mardi Gras” 74 times.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Sounds like a great way to justify keeping the AAs. Just please I don’t want to hear “this way to Mardi Gras” 74 times.
I honestly see the first act [geese/Brer Fox+Bear] becoming that sort of Mardi Gras intro area. Then tiana/Louis where Brer Rabbit is now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom