Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

el_super

I told you that I’ve tried making a positivity thread about the ride that didn’t involve talking about the controversy, and people still talked about it in there anyway. How are you supposed to talk about the ride in a normal fashion when it’s been made into a scapegoat?

If you love talking about the controversy then just embrace that and talk about it. Seems pointless to complain about people talking about it when you can't stop yourself.

Rides can't be made scapegoats. A problematic ride is being removed for being problematic.

Roger_the_pianist

The Dumbo argument isn't that relevant. There is no element of the crows in the spinner attraction. Splash Mountain contains the racist caricatures from the animated sequences of Song of the South.

Kate F

I don’t get why people like the Finding Nemo musical, but I acknowledge that they do and I’m not gonna try to say they’re wrong for liking it just because I personally don’t get the appeal at all. Also wouldn’t make fun of them if the show got replaced and they expressed their grief.
If you love talking about the controversy then just embrace that and talk about it. Seems pointless to complain about people talking about it when you can't stop yourself.

Rides can't be made scapegoats. A problematic ride is being removed for being problematic.
I don’t love talking about the controversy. This stuff is agonizing to me. What gives you that impression? I have no idea where you’re getting that from.

Inspired Figment

The Dumbo argument isn't that relevant. There is no element of the crows in the spinner attraction. Splash Mountain contains the racist caricatures from the animated sequences of Song of the South.
It does not. Uncle Remus & the other share croppers are not in there and the ‘tar baby trap’ story/ sticky situation analogy has been replaced with a honey trap story.

Kate F

Do I really have to do this?

Attachments

• D421FE13-FCDD-4493-8298-6EBF683058D4.jpeg
    D421FE13-FCDD-4493-8298-6EBF683058D4.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 71

J4546

Im looking forward to the retheme! I think disney is gonna spend the money thats required to do it right, knowing how much people love this ride. Im also a big fan of PatF as well, great movie. And it takes place in Louisiana and the haunted mansion is even in it, I think it fits in really well. As for FLorida, they should def redo the ride off something that fit into frontier land. Maybe dust off the wild western river expidition concept?

Inspired Figment

These caricatures:

Maybe you haven't seen the source material in a while.

Mhm, the ‘tar baby’ trap, which was simply an analogy for a sticky situation and not a racial slur, anyway it was tastefully replaced with a ‘honey’ trap, removing that problem. Meaning that “racist caricatures” were intentionally/sucessfully removed from the ride.

Kate F

Im looking forward to the retheme! I think disney is gonna spend the money thats required to do it right, knowing how much people love this ride. Im also a big fan of PatF as well, great movie. And it takes place in Louisiana and the haunted mansion is even in it, I think it fits in really well. As for FLorida, they should def redo the ride off something that fit into frontier land. Maybe dust off the wild western river expidition concept?
Wouldn’t PatF fans feel better having a new ride than a controversial overlay? I’ve been wondering this for a while. Imagine how good it would feel if everyone was excited for an addition and no one was angry at the removal of something they loved. And we could have two great rides instead of exchanging one for the other.

Roger_the_pianist

I guess the Br'er characters are white? They are voiced by African American actors tho.

These dialects are much more African American than they are poor white people (like the rowdy kids who torment Johnny in the live action sequences)

Roger_the_pianist

Am I the only southerner discussing this? Literally sitting on my porch where *Br'er Rabbit* could hop by any minute. To understand the race issues in the south is to begin to understand the issues with these characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom