• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Splash Mountain Announcement for Disneyland

Kate F

Splash Mtn. isn’t being replaced. It’s being rethemed.

And, I’m sorry, but I’m being realistic. A ride based on the characters and music from Song of the South in a social media era under the ownership of a mega-corporation is a no-go.

It’s amazing that it lasted this long. And Tony Baxter would probably never have chosen the characters and music from SotS as the ride’s theme if he knew how culturally insensitive the film’s animated characters would be considered 30+ years later.

I’m not putting down anyone who loves Splash 1.0– I like it a lot. But the flume ride isn’t going away, the DL version has never told its story very well, and the wonderful music will be available to listen to forever.
It basically is being replaced. It’s one flume ride being replaced with another flume ride. And there are lots of flume rides in this world. It’s not going to be the same ride no matter how much you try to convince me it is. Splash Mountain (MK) is not my favorite ride because of the drop.

Kate F

I really REALLY don’t want them to keep the Splash Mountain name. I don’t care if they want to keep the name for merchandising purposes, it’s NOT Splash Mountain.

They could call it the stupidest theme park ride name you’ve ever heard of and I’d prefer that over calling the retheme Splash Mountain.

BayouShack

They didn’t even touch a thing on WDW’s Peoplemover, and yet now it goes by “Tomorrowland Transit Authority.”

I think the evidence is pretty strong that the name will be changed.

Animaniac93-98

They didn’t even touch a thing on WDW’s Peoplemover, and yet now it goes by “Tomorrowland Transit Authority.”

I think the evidence is pretty strong that the name will be changed.

That was the new name in 1994.

Now the official name is "Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover", with "PeopleMover" written in GIANT LETTERS so you know that's the common name it goes by and is referred to.

Brer Panther

Allow me to ask how that's valid? There's zero way/reason to put Monsters and BtMRR together. At least Tiana in Critter Country kinda works.
I honestly just picked a ride I like and a movie I like at random. I suppose a more realistic way of saying that, despite being a big fan of The Lion King, I would still be upset if it were announced that they were retheming Kilimanjaro Safaris to a Lion King ride.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210726-135113_Instagram.jpg

From the D23 Website. I'm still calling it we get a date for Splash here. At least for a Cali redo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom