Splash Mnt Animatronic Mystery

JohnD

I have been keeping track of what is going on with Splash Mountain before it closes. One thing I have noticed, is that one of the Alligator animatronics in the showboat scene has been missing for a year now. Previously, I would have assumed he is being repaired but, It is almost one month from the assumed closure of the ride (In January, ppl have speculated it will close.) I just don’t think he will be back before then at this point. I don’t understand bringing back an animatronic when the ride is closing soon. Does anyone know whats going on with this gator?. I asked ppl and some have speculated that he’s being tested to possibly be reused for Bayou Adventure. However, Disney has not said a word on what is happening to the now existing America Sings animatronics.

It's going under refurbishment and retheme beginning in January. I really don't understand the continual track of "what's wrong with it" when it will be gutted anyway.

Disstevefan1

I bet we get as max of three animatronics in the new attraction. The number one task when updating/changing an attraction is to reduce costs of maintenance.

TwilightZone

I bet we get as max of three animatronics in the new attraction. The number one task when updating/changing an attraction is to reduce costs of maintenance.
IDK, if Merlin the Goat's source is correct, we could be getting a good amount of AAs. I am a lot more hopeful after reading that, but I am still keeping excitement low here just in case.

Brer Panther

If they won't maintain the AA's that are used in Splash... why on earth would people think they'd re-use them in the re-theme?
Yeah, isn't one of the justifications I keep seeing for the retheme that Splash Mountain is too expensive to maintain?

I'm guessing most of the animatronics will be replaced with less complex, plasticky-looking ones that barely actually move. Y'know all the sea creatures in the "Under the Sea" sequence of the Little Mermaid ride? Like those.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, isn't one of the justifications I keep seeing for the retheme that Splash Mountain is too expensive to maintain?

I'm guessing most of the animatronics will be replaced with less complex, plasticky-looking ones that barely actually move. Y'know all the sea creatures in the "Under the Sea" sequence of the Little Mermaid ride? Like those.

Its 32 years old, give it a break.

NickMaio

I would be surprised if they DIDN'T re-use most/all of the animatronics. They will be re-skinned and hopefully repaired and updated, but why start from scratch?
I really hope they don't.
Those AA's have seen a TON of use.
Those motors and joints are so old - - - none of them move fluidly anymore.

Not to mention the tech has changed so much - - - - - why put all the effort into a new ride and reuse old worn out AA's.
Even the metal skeletons <frames> of newer AA's are made of much more light weight metals. Less strain on the joins and motors.

Gut the whole mountain -----------PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeCamel

I really hope they don't.
Those AA's have seen a TON of use.
Those motors and joints are so old - - - none of them move fluidly anymore.

Not to mention the tech has changed so much - - - - - why put all the effort into a new ride and reuse old worn out AA's.
Even the metal skeletons <frames> of newer AA's are made of much more light weight metals. Less strain on the joins and motors.

Gut the whole mountain -----------PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you are young enough to live until they reopen if they did that, I'm not

TwilightZone

Are you saying Disney is slow?😆
Snail GIF by MotoGP

I guess Miyamoto's saying about video games doesn't work with theme park attractions
1669775012421.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom