Splash Laughing Place

secondstartotheright

Original Poster
Anybody who's been on Splash knows that the Laughing Place scene (and the rest of the ride for that matter) is in a state of disrepair. Well, when I was riding the other night, I was in for a bit of a surprise: the turtles in the Laughing Place were working! Mouths moving, water spraying underneath them...I know this is small but I wanted to say something because this effect hasn't worked in a very very long time (I think). It's not the whole scene, but it's progress :) Now if only they could get the rest of the ride to work...

EDIT: Re-rode last night and ......the JUMPING FOUNTAINS WERE WORKING!!! I kind of freaked out because I literally haven't seen these work for years. I've been waiting so long for this moment...lol

wiigirl

Really good news! :)
75.gif

Adam5897

The refurb starting eary next year should adress and fix all of if not most of the existing problems in splash. It's nice to know that splash will be in tip top shape soon and in time for my trip because it kills me to see it falling apart.

erasure fan1

The refurb starting eary next year should adress and fix all of if not most of the existing problems in splash. It's nice to know that splash will be in tip top shape soon and in time for my trip because it kills me to see it falling apart.
I'm taking an I'll believe it when I see it stance. So many times rides go down for refurb with the hopes of things being fixed and all too often things fall short. I hope you are right, splash is my favorite ride, but my realistic side says don't get your hopes up.

scoobygirl39541

We RARELY ride Splash (its never been a sentimental/traditional thing for us) but since it was raining with no line, we went on it for the first time in years. Given I'm not an expert on Splash what so ever and only hear about it on these boards... I couldn't find one thing wrong with it. The way its talked about on here, it sounds like it should be condemned! Looked perfectly fine to me. All the animatronics were working and I was actually looking for broken things since that's all I've heard about on this board.

Joseph Robinson

I'm taking an I'll believe it when I see it stance. So many times rides go down for refurb with the hopes of things being fixed and all too often things fall short. I hope you are right, splash is my favorite ride, but my realistic side says don't get your hopes up.

Right there with ya on this one. It would be nice if they get to everything, but I have the feeling most of the time will be spent trying to stop the actual mountain from falling apart (to the detriment of the show effects).

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Good to hear. Splash is one my top 5 rides in the World. Our Sept-Oct trip a few months back we saw it down for most of one day and part of another when we got stuck in the laughing place and had to be evacuated right before the drop.

Prof Ecks

All is know is that we arrive in Orlando at 430 on January 1st and so have to get checked in and over to ride SM before it closes down for the refurb on January 2nd. And we have a dinner at CG to get in as well at 930 pm. Obviously, there will be no fp's by the time we get over there, so we will have to go all retro and stand in line.

lolshutterbug

Maintenance worked some magic a few weeks ago and got them working again. It was a really expensive pump that needed to be replaced, and we finally got them. :) I was SO happy when I rode the other day and saw it. They haven't worked since I started there (April 2011), so it's nice to see the water jumping again!

MarkTwain

I noticed the jumping fountains on Wednesday. I wondered if I'd simply never noticed them, but my other friends and I all starting geeking out anyway. :)

We RARELY ride Splash (its never been a sentimental/traditional thing for us) but since it was raining with no line, we went on it for the first time in years. Given I'm not an expert on Splash what so ever and only hear about it on these boards... I couldn't find one thing wrong with it. The way its talked about on here, it sounds like it should be condemned! Looked perfectly fine to me. All the animatronics were working and I was actually looking for broken things since that's all I've heard about on this board.

There are still a couple of things wrong with it, and they seem to change weekly... when I rode this past week, the bluebird at the end was motionless (has been for weeks), the projection/shadow of Brer Rabbit going over the hill wasn't working (has been hit or miss in my experiences), the first singing bird on the left in the "How do you do" scene wasn't moving, and one of the gospel-singing chickens on the riverboat at the end was missing (hopefully for maintenance). But the Laughing Place scene was definitely the liveliest I've seen it in a long time.

I suspect it's one of those instances where you notice more stuff working/not working depending on your familiarity with the ride.

jonesenon4

My family and i rode it dec.16 and all was working then as well. As a matter of fact everything seemed to be working at all parks except yeti it was truly a magical trip.

jonesenon4

All was working?
I did not notice anything not working except yeti as i said in op.However i could have missed something but to the best of my knowledge yes everything was working.And if it was'nt working it was minimal and did not affect the ride at all since we rode every ride at least twice and did not notice anything.

Figgy1

Anybody who's been on Splash knows that the Laughing Place scene (and the rest of the ride for that matter) is in a state of disrepair. Well, when I was riding the other night, I was in for a bit of a surprise: the turtles in the Laughing Place were working! Mouths moving, water spraying underneath them...I know this is small but I wanted to say something because this effect hasn't worked in a very very long time (I think). It's not the whole scene, but it's progress :) Now if only they could get the rest of the ride to work...

EDIT: Re-rode last night and ......the JUMPING FOUNTAINS WERE WORKING!!! I kind of freaked out because I literally haven't seen these work for years. I've been waiting so long for this moment...lol
So sad one of my all time favorites. Can only hope the refurb addresses al theese sad issues. Maybe some pixie dust will help.

scoobygirl39541

I noticed the jumping fountains on Wednesday. I wondered if I'd simply never noticed them, but my other friends and I all starting geeking out anyway. :)

There are still a couple of things wrong with it, and they seem to change weekly... when I rode this past week, the bluebird at the end was motionless (has been for weeks), the projection/shadow of Brer Rabbit going over the hill wasn't working (has been hit or miss in my experiences), the first singing bird on the left in the "How do you do" scene wasn't moving, and one of the gospel-singing chickens on the riverboat at the end was missing (hopefully for maintenance). But the Laughing Place scene was definitely the liveliest I've seen it in a long time.

I suspect it's one of those instances where you notice more stuff working/not working depending on your familiarity with the ride.

Oh wow, yes I agree with that last line. I didn't even notice that stuff because I have no familiarity with the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom