Spite Trip December 2020-

MoonRakerSCM

Greetings from the Disneyland forum side of the site.

I've had it, that's it, I'm sick of all the 'rona shenanigans... I'm sick of not being able to dine in restaurants... I'm sick of not be able to do practically ANYTHING... a couple weeks ago I decided I was going to go mountain hiking today... well, that is now on fire and closed. Also, I figured, Halloween is practically cancelled, at least I can get tickets for one of these awkward 'drive through' mazes... well, that was sold out this morning within seconds and none of my friends nor I got it. I'm beginning to think... Christmas at Disneyland is unlikely... either the parks will STILL not be open by then, or, what I think is closer to reality- they will be open, but getting in with our passes will be next to impossible due to tons of passholders and people going etc.

There's only one solution, spur of the moment SPITE TRIP TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!

We're thinking of heading out Thursday the 17th, spending Friday/Saturday/Sunday in parks and then coming home late Monday.

I've tried scouring some sites, boards, and have been confused and not seeing some details I wanted so figured I'd start a place for discussion. We're from California so we're quite apt at mask usage and social distancing, so not of those aspects would bother us one bit and we know what/how to do it.

Some questions to start off with-

1) We will be getting active military park passes... those usually are hoppers, are they allowing hopping with them this year? I think no, but, anyone know?

2) Looks like hours are expected to be- MK: 9a-7p, Epcot: 12p-8p, Studio: 10a-7p, AK: 9a-5p. These are the listed hours for November... I know they had recently cut back on some hours which I assume are these... any rumors of them extending a bit in December? Obviously things are changing at a moments notice, but has there been any rumors?

3) With earlier closing times, what have people been doing in their time after the parks close? Have parks been allowing dinner reservations at park closing etc to go for some additional time? Is Disney springs open late? We plan on staying at the Swan, any news on the bar/restaurants there?

4) Are magic bands being used? Would be nice to just go through the parks and just pay by tapping the band etc... I've only used them once literally when they first came out. Do you still get new ones when you book your hotel (does that happen at the Swan??)

5) Is EPCOT expected to do the holiday food festival?

Thank you for any and all comments to help me on the planning of this SPITE TRIP.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1) No park hopping now with any type of ticket.
2) Those hours are the extended hours. ;)
3) Some restaurants allow dining up to park closing time. DS is open later than the parks.
4) The Swan doesn’t offer complimentary Magic Bands. The Swan does not use MBs for room entry or room charging.
5) Holiday food booths will be available at Epcot.

Upvote 0

Schweino

To add on to Tuvalu's statement, MK and Epcot hours were just recently extended to those times a few days ago and were closing an hour earlier (so MK 6 and Epcot 7 IIRC). I am also holding out hope they extend them a bit more as we are going 11/27 - 12/5. If they can keep CV down overall in Florida, I think it opens WDW to do more without backlash. Just my two pennies!

Upvote 0

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Also, you will need the My Disney Experience app to mobile order all quick service meals. (Including, I assume at the festival booths in Epcot? @Tuvalu ?)

Upvote 0

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everybody.

- No park hopping, got it. I usually don't park hop anyways, but good to know it's not an option.
- Hours are limiting, but I guess it forces me to relax a bit and take it easy. Though, in reality... it'll be *cough* drinking...
- With dining "up to closing time" do you mean reservations taken until that time? Lets say park closes at 7p, can I make reservations for 645 etc?
- I'm good using the magic bands for payment etc. and not room keys, sounds good to me... so all quick/counter service payments are app or bands only?

I'm kind of just rambling thoughts as they come up in our rapid fire planning process, here's some new thoughts-

6) Has anyone taken an Uber to/from MCO? Are they operating right now? What's the average cost? (We were in Vegas a month ago and thought Uber could be an issue for dinner one night, but it wasn't a problem at all).
7) What's the weather like? Obviously not as hot, any rain usually?
8) Concerning magic bands... are fast passes a thing right now? I assume not...
9) Sadly I noticed that Takumi Tei is closed... is there a list of restaurants/bars/lounges that are currently not open? (I will admit I'm sad about this one, I have wanted to go there since it opened)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
- With dining "up to closing time" do you mean reservations taken until that time? Lets say park closes at 7p, can I make reservations for 645 etc?
If that reservation time is available, yes. Restaurant capacity has been reduced and there are less time slots from which to choose.

- I'm good using the magic bands for payment etc. and not room keys, sounds good to me... so all quick/counter service payments are app or bands only?
If you are a guest at the Swan, you won't be able to use a Magic Band to pay for anything.

All quick service restaurants are mobile order only. You have to link a credit, debit or gift card in the app. You cannot charge back to your room. Your credit card number can be stored in the app; debit or gift card numbers must be put in every time you mobile order.

At the food booths or popcorn/ice cream kiosks, you can pay cash or use a credit/debit/gift card. Since you are staying at the Swan you cannot use a Magic Band.

Concerning magic bands... are fast passes a thing right now? I assume not...
There are no Fastpasses now. Standby only.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Thanks for the input everybody.

- No park hopping, got it. I usually don't park hop anyways, but good to know it's not an option.
- Hours are limiting, but I guess it forces me to relax a bit and take it easy. Though, in reality... it'll be *cough* drinking...

I'm kind of just rambling thoughts as they come up in our rapid fire planning process, here's some new thoughts-

6) Has anyone taken an Uber to/from MCO? Are they operating right now? What's the average cost? (We were in Vegas a month ago and thought Uber could be an issue for dinner one night, but it wasn't a problem at all).
7) What's the weather like? Obviously not as hot, any rain usually?
8) Concerning magic bands... are fast passes a thing right now? I assume not...
9) Sadly I noticed that Takumi Tei is closed... is there a list of restaurants/bars/lounges that are currently not open? (I will admit I'm sad about this one, I have wanted to go there since it opened)
hahah ”cough” drinking 😆
The swan has car service to and from airport... it’s pricey but nice to not worry - they’re just out there waiting for you... fancy cab.

Upvote 0

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
If you are a guest at the Swan, you won't be able to use a Magic Band to pay for anything.

Interesting! I did not know this, welp, I guess that cancels my next magic band question. My friends have stayed at the Swan before and used their bands for park entry and their intense fast pass setup... I didn't realize they couldn't do charge to room. Welp, no need for the bands this year.

Anyone have any definitive guide on drinking around the world in Epcot? What are the favorites? Is there a guide on the site here (admittedly have not snooped).

Upvote 0
He's going in December, I think I read that November is the dryest month of the year so probably not much rain in December, and it is not hurricane season then.
I read the first post which said "leaving on Thursday the 17th", which is in two days...still September. Hurricane season runs through November 30th.
But thanks for trying to correct me...

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I read the first post which said "leaving on Thursday the 17th", which is in two days...still September. Hurricane season runs through November 30th.
Was the title of the thread confusing? The mentions of December, is there Christmas in September?
I didn't try to correct, I did correct and it was not for your sake but for the OP...
Someone must have an interesting time at yearly reviews.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Was the title of the thread confusing? The mentions of December, is there Christmas in September?
I didn't try to correct, I did correct and it was not for your sake but for the OP...
Someone must have an interesting time at yearly reviews.
1600182525010.png

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Welcome to the board btw. Its all in good fun, and you are right, September is smack dab in Hurricane season. I think though if one was planning a cross continental trip in 2 days, to WDW during a pandemic no less, that would be the scariest thing, at least for me!

Upvote 0
....There's only one solution, spur of the moment SPITE TRIP TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!....
....We're thinking of heading out Thursday the 17th, spending Friday/Saturday/Sunday in parks and then coming home late Monday.
....Thank you for any and all comments to help me on the planning of this SPITE TRIP.
Yes, thread title is December, but the discussion was all about not-going-to-Disney-Land-then, followed by "spur of moment Spite Trip to Disney World..."
To me a December trip, 3 months away, is NOT spur of the moment. So yes, I was confused.
But November IS still hurricane season.

Upvote 0

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
To me a December trip, 3 months away, is NOT spur of the moment.
Suddenly popping up one day deciding to go to WDW and quickly asking for time off and booking hotel and flights within 5 days is pretty spur of the moment when gathering 4 people with different jobs and requirements.

That being said, the SPITE TRIP is booked... airfare purchased, we're committed now.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Suddenly popping up one day deciding to go to WDW and quickly asking for time off and booking hotel and flights within 5 days is pretty spur of the moment when gathering 4 people with different jobs and requirements.

That being said, the SPITE TRIP is booked... airfare purchased, we're committed now.
Have a Magical time! Your last Park day will be our first Park day.

Upvote 0

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
Have a Magical time! Your last Park day will be our first Park day.
Awesome, it'll be a great time at the parks for the holidays even with the limited offerings. Coming from California it is giving me a lot to look forward to.

We bought park tickets today and my friends spent the day linking the tickets, rooms, accounts... and all sorts of nonsense I don't understand. I told them do whatever it takes to make things work. I don't understand all that mumbo jumbo... back in my day you went to the park, you bought a ticket, and you went in!

Concerning food we're thinking each day we'll book the latest available reservation time for each of these-

Epcot- Le Celier (though we're debating on the boat view mexican restaurant)
AK- Tiffins
MK- Skipper Canteen

Thoughts or recommendations? In particular we're open to discussion about Epcot...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom