Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

Phil12

The DHS Guardians ToT is a good idea. The Guardians franchise is big enough to be used in multiple parks and multiple attractions. Replacing the Twilight Zone IP is just common sense since that theme can be easily replaced with most any Guardians subplot. They could turn ToT into a dance party and have it as a lead-in to RnR.

The use of the Walkman will appeal to all the nostalgia buffs.

Last edited:

cheezbat

The DHS Guardians ToT is a good idea. The Guardians franchise is big enough to be used in multiple parks and multiple attractions. Replacing the Twilight Zone IP is just common sense since that theme can be easily replaced with most any Guardians subplot. They could turn ToT into a dance party and have it as a lead-in to RnR.

The use of the Walkman will appeal to all the nostalgia buffs.

Stop right there! You take your Guardians ToT stuff to Cali! Leave our precious haunted hotel alone! ;)

Seriously though...IF Guardians MUST replace a ride, replace Star Tours! It's going to be irrelevant in a few years anyway. (If not Star Tours, then RNRC.)

Mike S

Stop right there! You take your Guardians ToT stuff to Cali! Leave our precious haunted hotel alone! ;)

Seriously though...IF Guardians MUST replace a ride, replace Star Tours! It's going to be irrelevant in a few years anyway. (If not Star Tours, then RNRC.)
I still think Star Tours could easily stand its own against the Falcon ride. It sounds like it'll be completely different anyway.

DinoInstitute

I still think Star Tours could easily stand its own against the Falcon ride. It sounds like it'll be completely different anyway.
I dont think for most people the problem is that ST will be too similar, but rather it's not in SWL. Thats just weird IMO and would confuse a lot of guests.

ST is perfect for GotG as it already has the "futuristic" theming framework, so not an insane amount would have to be done. Plus, with Indiana Jones it could make a nice area for action/adventure movies.

asianway

I dont think for most people the problem is that ST will be too similar, but rather it's not in SWL. Thats just weird IMO and would confuse a lot of guests.

ST is perfect for GotG as it already has the "futuristic" theming framework, so not an insane amount would have to be done. Plus, with Indiana Jones it could make a nice area for action/adventure movies.
For the umpteenth time, look at a map - ST is at the entrance of SWL, they can make a seamless transition.

peter11435

For the umpteenth time, look at a map - ST is at the entrance of SWL, they can make a seamless transition.
No need to be rude.

And I wouldn't exactly call star tours at the entrance of Star Wars land if you then have to walk through muppets or a 1930's themed area before you enter the rest of the land.

asianway

No need to be rude.

And I wouldn't exactly call star tours at the entrance of Star Wars land if you then have to walk through muppets or a 1930's themed area before you enter the rest of the land.
what are you talking about? The NY flats are coming down. Muppets will be insulated somehow.Its a straight shot

doctornick

what are you talking about? The NY flats are coming down. Muppets will be insulated somehow.Its a straight shot

It's conceivable for them to theme the pathway to something "Star Wars" and connect ST with the Star Wars Experience; however, as has been noted, that is not the plan. Based on what I've read, it seems the main reason for this is that they want to create a "berm" around the new Star Wars stuff to isolate it and create a "wow" factor when entering the land. Doing so would defeat the point of having a connection between ST and the rest of the stuff.

That said, I think it would make sense to create a secondary Star Wars land with a different theme (Tatooine?) surrounding Star Tours. SW is a big enough property to have a main land and a second mini-land devoted to it IMHO.

Bocabear

Actually it seems that no one agrees with him that Pirates in MK should be replaced by Shanghai's considering his post has 0 "likes" as of this post of mine.

Sorry @Bocabear. I do agree with you on other things though :)

That being said I'll take TSMM over Buzz any day. It's more fun and doesn't look like it's falling apart.
My point was, that the MK version of Pirates is about the worst rendition of the ride worldwide... It would be nice to upgrade what we have... replace it completely for a Shanghai style ride... or just update and lengthen it to be more than the Cliff notes version at Disney's Biggest flagship resort... Maybe scrapping the original version is not necessary... maybe it can just be upgraded from what it currently is...and I really don't care how many "like" my posts get... I often agree with a lot of people on here and don't always hit "like"... and I agree with you on a lot of posts too... I have always been annoyed at the WDW version of Pirates not being the best version, but a second draft... know what I mean?

Seabasealpha1

It's conceivable for them to theme the pathway to something "Star Wars" and connect ST with the Star Wars Experience; however, as has been noted, that is not the plan. Based on what I've read, it seems the main reason for this is that they want to create a "berm" around the new Star Wars stuff to isolate it and create a "wow" factor when entering the land. Doing so would defeat the point of having a connection between ST and the rest of the stuff.

That said, I think it would make sense to create a secondary Star Wars land with a different theme (Tatooine?) surrounding Star Tours. SW is a big enough property to have a main land and a second mini-land devoted to it IMHO.
I dunno...

Sounds like they should either close up shop on Star Tours...or just give the whole park the Star Wars treatment and be done with it...for all this money they're supposedly gonna blow, they could do with finding a way to make thematic/aesthetic sense...

derekburgan

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate one of my favourite Lifestlylers 'That Dude' Derek Burgan who just celebrated his third year of writing the best damn column on Disney Outlets in the blogosphere. When I want to know where I can find 2014 vinyls or shirts that never saw the light of day in a true Disney theme park retail outlet or just plain Disney trash that no one else would even think was worthy of a millisecond of their attention, I know That Dude will be there for me, and I smile as I spend $6.99 on Disney crap I don't really need and they refuse to do the humane thing and send to a landfill. Congrats!

Not to be THAT GUY, but it's four years. ;^)

Appreciate the kind words. Here's a Derek Doodle for ya. Day At DHS.JPG

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not to be THAT GUY, but it's four years. ;^)

Appreciate the kind words. Here's a Derek Doodle for ya.View attachment 223098

Hey, I just called you my favorite blogger in the Disney/UNI fan communities except for Disney Blogger to the Stars, Tom Bricker. ... I am not sure the post still exists as every thread started getting into Nazis (they are everywhere, even here) and the sick world we live in.

I stated that I hoped you'd come visit the SoFla outlet (one of three left as those mall leases were too pricey for Disney), so that I could see a master at work (was actually there tonight ... they should call it Star Wars: Everglades Edge Outlet since 70% of merchandise is SW).

I had no idea you had an account here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom