Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

Here's some facts to support my theory that a Uni-Sea World merger is in the works. In 2009, the Blackstone group bought Seaworld for $2.3 billion. Today, Sea World is estimated to be worth around $3 billion. I went to check the financials to see if Comcast even has that kind of cash laying around. Guess what? Last quarter their cash flow alone was just over $3 billion! I'm not saying that just because they can buy it out of pocket that they will, but if they want to be taken as seriously as Disney is (on an equal footing), this is a very logical move!

http://www.cmcsa.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=760820
As a follow up to that, I learned that in addition to the SeaWorld properties, Blackstone owns other I-drive properties under the Merlin umbrella. It may be possible that another Comcast deal with Blackstone for SeaWorld could also include the Merlin properties or just the Merlin properties. Comcast has a history of buying peices at a time. Another deal with Blackstone follows that pattern.

stevehousse

So they have finally released information about the woman who fell from the Texas roller coaster. And there is a full investigation going ino the ride to determine exactly what happened. What happened to her is terrible, however, since they released recent photos of her, it is evident that she should not even have been allowed to ride in the first place.

This is not meant to be negative whatsoever or poke fun, but she was a very large woman and looking at the trains and seats, I don't even know how she was able to sit in it in the first place.

whatever the outcome, I feel terribly for her family. I think in the end of all this, there will be seat belts added to the seats in addition to the lap bar. Lots of coasters have these in place already.

I do not think the lap bar malfunctioned, but without the investigation who knows what exactly happened, but I don't think she should have been allowed to ride in the first place...

SirLink

Doesn't this assume there's a risk to taking the 'all in' approach? That it's not a sure thing? If not, then why be concerned about approval?

Regardless of the organizational structure and the debt, if rebuilding WDSP were a no-brainer, it should be approved in an instant because it's essentially all reward. Unfortunately, there IS an "if" there, just as there was an "if" with DCA 2.0. It was not a no-brainer decision, just as WDSP is not a no-brainer.

I'd argue that if either one is an easier decision, it's WDSP. WDSP is an awful park (I didn't visit DCA in 2001, but I cannot fathom it being worse than WDSP even today) that does poor numbers. Plus, DLRP is in greater need of being a European destination resort rather than a day-trip because it has more hotel rooms to fill.

1)Disney has only I believe like 28% of the EuroDisney SCA the company behind DLRP
2)I believe a case of let us not invest the big money and upping the value of TWDC ownership of the resort
3)Tokyo and Paris were both scheduled to get MGM based theme parks. Like WDSP was going to get a Chinese Theater complete with GMR and Dick Tracey ride. Then the relationship went bad.
4)The biggest mistake of the resort was building far too many bedrooms that both increased costs that financially meant it is hard for ED SCA to do as meaningful work like OLC or HK. When you make a resort have great access its easy to also leave said resort.

Captain Neo

I always wondered why Disney partnered with MGM. We're they really a bigger name in the 80s? Wy didn't eh make any rides or attractions based off MGm aside from using Oz in the end of GMR?

SirLink

I always wondered why Disney partnered with MGM. We're they really a bigger name in the 80s? Wy didn't eh make any rides or attractions based off MGm aside from using Oz in the end of GMR?

They used the music in the parks, Cassablanca is owned by MGM, as is Singing in the rain etc. To my limited knowledge the guy in charge of MGM was so peeved off that Disney got so much for so little he went for the lawyers to find an concoct a reason to end the rights - hence sued them over the reason Disney opened a studio rather than a theme park, and Disney filed for damages after MGM would build MGM Grand Advetnures park in Vegas and thus the relationship crumbled.

Lee

Adventurer
Just gonna mention...

I haven't seen anyone compliment Marvel's Kevin Feige's choice of headwear at Comic-Con this weekend...
image.jpg

PorterRedkey

Just gonna mention...

I haven't seen anyone compliment Marvel's Kevin Feige's choice of headwear at Comic-Con this weekend...
View attachment 29075
I own this hat and was proud to see Mr. Feige wear it at the Marvel panel. Gotta appreciate the retro Epcot love!
I think the 80's Epcot Center's vision and scope attracts creative types and dreamers.

Cody5242

I hope Smurfs 2 bombs next. The first one was dreadful and now they have plans for a Smurfs 3 in 2015. If Smurfs 2 underperformes, then I hope that would change the studios mind

Cardinals314

So they have finally released information about the woman who fell from the Texas roller coaster. And there is a full investigation going ino the ride to determine exactly what happened. What happened to her is terrible, however, since they released recent photos of her, it is evident that she should not even have been allowed to ride in the first place.

This is not meant to be negative whatsoever or poke fun, but she was a very large woman and looking at the trains and seats, I don't even know how she was able to sit in it in the first place.

whatever the outcome, I feel terribly for her family. I think in the end of all this, there will be seat belts added to the seats in addition to the lap bar. Lots of coasters have these in place already.

I do not think the lap bar malfunctioned, but without the investigation who knows what exactly happened, but I don't think she should have been allowed to ride in the first place...

The weird part of the investigation is that it is being done internally by Six Flags instead of an outside source. In Dallas, we don't have a police unit or any public source to investigate the causes of the accident. Hopefully Six Flags presents the truth of whatever the cause was

bubbles1812

I'm not kidding. There's plenty of better network comedies out there like Parks and Recreation.
BBT is ok. I see it occasionally in syndication, and I get a few laughs from it. And it's probably the best comedy the Old People's Network has to offer.

But Parks and Rec is supremely awesome. It's first season was mediocre, but it has been great since. All time favorite episode was when Leslie, April, and Chris got sick. And who doesn't love Ron? ;) I wish more people watched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom