Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheneix

I didn't know this was coming, but TDR has pledged to spend $2 billion in its two parks from now through 2020. A much better use of money than NGE ...in my not at all humble opinion.

BTW, what I could have used when on TDL's Jungle Cruise (that's funny if I don't fix the auto correct this is what comes up when I type TDL's -- GOD's -- ain't that a hoot?) was a translator. But the ride itself looked great. It also was my longest wait in Tokyo -- 35 minutes.

Throwing this one out from left field.... I expect the new soundtrack coming to the ride is going to help flesh out some moments that are lost in translation now. Especially to first time Chinese visitors who absolutely have no idea what the hell is going on.

WDW has kicked tires around exploring doing some work on Jungle Cruise. Maybe they'll follow through on that work now that OLC is taking the initiative to complete it.

aladdin2007

FWIW, if Muppets is leaving the Studios, and they need a replacement for Captain EO...

yes interesting theory lol,,,,and dr honeydews imagination lab, now follow the bouncing beeker,,,,,beepbeep. ooo i yearn for the day when that horrible scene and all the rest are out of there, waste of space.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Google ads work off keywords on the pages.. plus your past search history.. plus other targeting factors. Search for something on google.. and you'll get ads for that for days to come :)

Thank you! I knew I was at least a little off on that. It would also explain my ads at work. Pricing, comparing, and checking out universal and disney while on the phone with insurance companies, forever on hold. :)

TalkingHead

Knowing Spirit is such a legendary foodie, I thought I'd mention I've had some incredible meals down in the Keys this week. And at Disney prices too, but I hardly care when the food's been as tasty as it has been.

No official Disney pixie dust or MagicBands down here. Too bad I couldn't make purchases with a wrist band. Definitely would've made this trip much, much better.

Travel Junkie

Throwing this one out from left field.... I expect the new soundtrack coming to the ride is going to help flesh out some moments that are lost in translation now. Especially to first time Chinese visitors who absolutely have no idea what the hell is going on.

WDW has kicked tires around exploring doing some work on Jungle Cruise. Maybe they'll follow through on that work now that OLC is taking the initiative to complete it.

I wonder if this will be a new formula for the US parks. WDI can charge the R&D for new attractions to their foreign partners like OLC, then clone those rides at the US parks. It sounds like that is what is occurring with a rumored new Soarin film debuting at Shanghai, then coming to the US a year later. Add the rumored Tron ride in Shanghai possible being re-purposed to Star Wars in the US and we begin to see a trend. It makes sense financially.

bubbles1812

Yes it's all subjective, but some films' influences are more well known than others.

Star Wars is a space western btw. :)
My dad says the same thing. He says the majority of sci-fi stories are really just westerns with a location in space. For Star Wars, I would agree with GLados that it is more a space opera. But there are strains of both.

EDIT: Also, I am going to Pacific Rim tonight (Now actually, lol, at 11 at night... My mom gave me 20 bucks so I don't have to pay ;)) ... Your review nudged me to indulge my brother's pleading. Though my whole family will go to something else tomorrow. But hey, least I can give everyone a review from a person who wasnt enthused about the movie and doesn't have high expectations. Hopefully it'll surprise.

dhall

I can't get the sound of Kermit Singing...

Imagination... Imagination..A dream, can be a dream come true.
With just that spark, in me and you.

Kermit singing that just seems like it fits like a glove..

Sam the Eagle would make a great narrator for Spaceship Earth, but I think Bunsen Honeydo & Beaker should do Test Track (using the old storyline rather than the TRON refit)

ParentsOf4

The current official Disney FastPass+ FAQ includes the following:
The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.

Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day.
A few points of interest:
  • Looks like FP+ will be linked to tickets.
  • Looks like it will be possible to book up to 4 FP+ experiences per day.
  • Regarding the "vacation packages" portion, I received the following reply from Disney: "Vacation packages are only available for reservations at a Walt Disney World® Resort. Currently, FastPass®+ is in a product testing phase and is not yet available to all guests. We have not receive details yet on how guests staying off-property will be able to select FastPass®+ options, but our traditional FastPass® service will still be available." So it appears Disney still hasn't publically announced how FP+ will work for offsite guests.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My dad says the same thing. He says the majority of sci-fi stories are really just westerns with a location in space. For Star Wars, I would agree with GLados that it is more a space opera. But there are strains of both.

I know that George Lucas took some belief system components from a book he read while he was in a hospital after a car crash...that's how he made "The force".

He also basically transcribed WWII fighter plane footage for the space combat sequences.

PhotoDave219

Hey Everyone who wanted to read that crazy lady's Sara Strand's Blogs (including @WDW1974)

Here's the google cache links:

Day 1 Where she hates on MK

Day 2 Where she Rants on Epcot

Somewhere lost in her racism, homophobia and xenophobia is the underlying point (I guess) that Disney is an utter pain the the for the uninitiated and ill-prepared. It is not for the 1D1P or 2D1P guests anymore; it is a true vacation destination that takes days and planning to be able to do anything. Which is awfully sad....

PhotoDave219

No. Pish posh. Walt wasn't just a dreamer. He was a visionary.

Watching his girls go round and round, Walt thought ''One day ... One day, I'll create a company that is the timeshare king of the Central Florida swamps. And when I'm dead and gone they'll forget that I drank and smoked and sweared to excess to create this perfect vision of me that will sell timeshares for a long, long time.''

I dont smoke, but there's hope for me yet? ;)

Magenta Panther

Fantasia is not for everyone for sure. For some people it is high on their list of movies, while for others it is very low. I like it but perhaps moreso out of nostalgia.

I love Fantasia - except the part about dinosaurs. First of all, I hate "Rite of Spring". What a mess of a melody. I can't understand why it's so famous. And the dinosaur segments nowadays look very lame. If that part were cut out, Fantasia would be the perfect animated film IMO. I love the Nutcracker Suite segment. So beautiful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom