Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clever Name

Who built out the in-room Ethernet access at Walt Disney World's hotel rooms?

Who built out the Key to the Kingdom system?

Who built out Disney's video surveillance system?

Who built the road barriers now present at Walt Disney World?

What was the real reason General Dynamics sponsored the Submarine Voyage?
Don't forget Siemens and "former" sponsor United Technologies.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I'll be sure to rant about the FPP issues I encounter at the DVC board meeting next year. It won't be terribly well directed but it will make me feel better. I actually don't expect any issues with utilizing the FFP system the way they choose to roll it out and enforce it. I just want to make that clear. I think the FPP system will be utilized the way Disney wants it at roll out. No speculative word starting with C included in this post. These are not the droids you are looking for.

*1023*

As a shot in the general direction of COULD....

Without COULD:

There would be no WDW, DLR, TWDC, the internet, writing, communication of any kind.

Without COULD, we may not be or have been.

I am glad when Walt sat on a park bench watching he thought, I could build a park where all the members of the family would enjoy themselves together.

*1023*

I think could is my new favorite word.... but I'll be more careful using it here....

Californian Elitist

WDWMagic is turning into a lunatic fringe and @WDW1974 is leading the way.

We all go a little mad, sometimes.

Norman-bates.gif

asianway

Heres a blog post echoing many of the things here:

http://futureprobe.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-pixie-dust-detoxification-effect.html

My favorite part:

As I said at the outset, I am not usually this blunt. But the fact of the matter is that anyone who says that MyMagic+ is really going to be a great thing for Disney’s customers fits into one of three categories:

1. Extremely naïve people who view the world through rose-colored glasses and won’t consider the possibility that Disney is just like every other corporation because that would “spoil the magic.”
  2. People who work for Disney and are being paid to lie about how wonderful MyMagic+ is.
  3. Bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who don’t dare to say anything negative about any of Disney’s ventures lest they upset their friends in Disney’s social media arm who provide them with freebies and access to make them feel special, or aspiring bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who are trying to get in good with Disney’s social media arm to obtain the aforementioned freebies and access.
The first category of person is just clueless, maybe even mentally ill, and I don’t dislike those folks but I do feel sorry for them. But the other two groups of people will deliberately steer you wrong just to satisfy their own selfish agenda, an agenda that may be as trivial as hoping Disney will notice them and treat them like a “preferred” blogger. And I have nothing but contempt for those people.

Captain Chaos

Heres a blog post echoing many of the things here:

http://futureprobe.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-pixie-dust-detoxification-effect.html

My favorite part:

As I said at the outset, I am not usually this blunt. But the fact of the matter is that anyone who says that MyMagic+ is really going to be a great thing for Disney’s customers fits into one of three categories:

1. Extremely naïve people who view the world through rose-colored glasses and won’t consider the possibility that Disney is just like every other corporation because that would “spoil the magic.”
  2. People who work for Disney and are being paid to lie about how wonderful MyMagic+ is.
  3. Bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who don’t dare to say anything negative about any of Disney’s ventures lest they upset their friends in Disney’s social media arm who provide them with freebies and access to make them feel special, or aspiring bloggers, podcasters, or website owners who are trying to get in good with Disney’s social media arm to obtain the aforementioned freebies and access.
The first category of person is just clueless, maybe even mentally ill, and I don’t dislike those folks but I do feel sorry for them. But the other two groups of people will deliberately steer you wrong just to satisfy their own selfish agenda, an agenda that may be as trivial as hoping Disney will notice them and treat them like a “preferred” blogger. And I have nothing but contempt for those people.
74 DOES have a blog that little rascal LOL...

Nubs70

I have a MM+ scenerio/test:

Situation:

Five 4-tops are reserved and remain empty for the 18:15 seating
5 groups of 4 without ADR's are identified waiting in the standby queue of Soarín
The group nearest to ride have 35 minutes remaining in the queue.
The remaining 4 groups are spread equidistant through the remainder of the queue.

MM+ Command displays the selected guests positions on the projection screen as lime green dots
The non selected individuals are displayed as blue dots.
At 17:45, the selected guests are notified by mobile device that they have been awarded an ADR to Chefs De France but only have 30 minutes to check in.

MM+ watches movements and determines what is the price for an ADR to Chef De France. Do the people with only 35 minutes left vacate the line and claim their prize? The selected guests are amazed at the new technology, go home a brag how they "won" the opportunity to spend $220 they were not intending to spend. Disney learns abit about psychology but in the end does not make an additional sale because the saved tables would have normally been filled by ADR's if left available.

Scuttle

Situation:

5 groups of 4 without ADR's are identified waiting in the standby queue of Soarín
The remaining 4 groups are spread equidistant through the remainder of the queue.

MM+ Command displays the selected guests positions on the projection screen as lime green dots
At 17:45, the selected guests are notified by mobile device that they have been awarded an ADR to Chefs De France but only have 30 minutes to check in.

MM+ watches movements and determines what is the price for an ADR to Chef De France. Do the people with only 35 minutes left vacate the line and claim their prize? The selected guests are amazed at the new technology, go home a brag how they "won" the opportunity to spend $220 they were not intending to spend. Disney learns abit about psychology but in the end does not make an additional sale because the saved tables would have normally been filled by ADR's if left available.

Be very careful.... That falls in the realm of how they Could use it. But I find that an interesting narrative.

*1023*

stevehousse

Situation:

Uuhgghhh... Enough with all these lame, way out there scenarios with the new tech! All this speculation is retarded! I don't care for all this hearsay, I want to know actual facts, not bull$&it made up stories that have no relevance!!!

In Real Disney news, Spirit, have you heard any more on those sight line balloons at AK in the water near Everest? Does this have anything to dowith the long rumored AK nighttime show?

Also, those new Hogwarts trains look pretty cool but very small windows! They look more like DCL magical portholes than anything! I know I stated that on here somewhere before and I got flamed for even suggesting such a thing! Looks like its more of a reality than all those others thought...

Funmeister

I think I am going to stick my MyMagic band under the seat of one of the steam trains. That should be fun. I wonder how they will handle lost and found? They will have to access your personal info in order to prove it is yours right? What if I find one and go on a spending spree?

Guest loses band...how much of a pain in the is it to report it lost or stolen AND get a new one to replace it? What will it take for the company to give you the peace of mind that no one is charging up your bracelet?

lazyboy97o

Guest loses band...how much of a pain in the is it to report it lost or stolen AND get a new one to replace it? What will it take for the company to give you the peace of mind that no one is charging up your bracelet?
Why would it need to be any different than the procedures that have already been in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom