spiderman ride to replace great movie ride

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
let say I was the CEO of the company!! And I given you the greenlight to redue the GMR in MGM to be a type of spiderman ride. what would be your story? What effects would u use? any body got any ideas?

Chad

Bad man! Shh! Quiet! Don't give Them any Ideas! The GMR is NOT gonna be taken out!!!!! NO! Bad! <>runs off crying...<>

I had a ride thought up using the movie "Aliens", since disney already bought the rights to it, I don't have the time to put it up though...

scan_man

First off they would have to get the Licencing from Stan Lee and Marvel (I would Love to see it though)
I would go more with the Secret Wars rather than just Spiderman. Though I am a Spiderman fan, I would to see them take all the Superhero's at Marvel, and have them all fight all of the Supervillans at Marvel. Maybe as well do a Marvel/ DC team up. Wounder if they right control could be something simular to the Indiana Jones ride where they change it on the fly. That would be cool. you wouldn't get the same exact right each time, maybe as the Ride goes would have the riders pressing one of 3 bottons while the action is going on to change the out come and allow the action to go without stopping. Majority Vote in the ride wins?

Chad

I think Jay-rod meant an Idea using the technology, not the spiderman theme, or superhero theme. Though I like Scan man's Ideas! Just as long as it doesn't use the GMR space...I will fight to the death!!!

scan_man

I would Love it if they could get the Licencing for Spiderman (Loved Spiderman when I was a Kid) But what I have read about the ride for Spiderman at Universal there is a lot of action, Why not if they do it, get all of the Characters Simular to the Secret Wars (All the Hero's Verses all the Villans) and combind some of the Technology from the Spiderman Ride at Universal, and some of the Technology from Indiana Jones Ride then give the riders the ablility to change the ride as it goes give them Voting panels that light up at certain times, to allow them to vote which path. Majority rules?

Chad

I'm not to familiar with secret wars? In fact, I've never heard of it...But I have always thought the idea of multiple endings and stuff is great, it could stop at different places, and guests could choose weapons for the 'good guys' to use, and which alleys to turn o and stuff, "Quick! To the factory or the ship docks? Where did they go!" and stuff like that, but a comic boook ride would not make a good ride for the 'center' of a theme park centered on movies

scan_man

I appologize Chad,
What The Secret Wars was when Marvel took all the Major hero's and put them on a Plant with all the Villians so that they "Watcher" could determin Which was stronger Good or Evil. It was only 12 Books, and a limited about was Produced.
It would be nice if they could do a ride even if it's not Comic Based where Everyone can vote to how the ride moves, as long as they could keep the ride going without stopping it to have them vote. Each car would have to have it's own CPU and places on the Track that the car would know when to light the voting sticks up for everyone to use so it seems flawless rather than stop and go.
But this could be done on Any Action type But I think it would be pretty tricky to combind the movements with the movie wouldn't it, or is that the technology in the Spiderman ride?

Chad

Well, spiderman did a great job, they blended the movie in with real scenes, so this could be acheieved. heres an example, you would be at one screen, and they would ask where they should go, and the cars would pick 'left to the warehouse' so the charecters on the screen would say,"Good! Let go!" or some default answer that would apply to either right or left, then the car would move to left, away from the screen and into a real warehouse like scene..
Does that make any sense?

scan_man

It does Chad
Sorry I was a little confused, I am still waiting to get down to Orlando to ride the rides this year. but that does explain what exactly the Spiderman ride is for me thanks.
True you would have to have a default answer incase no one voted, or there was a tie. Something you would want to do is have the voting sticks tied into the seat belts so if some one wasn't sitting in a seat the stick wouldn't be active for unfair voting.

woofboy111

There is NO WAY that universal would let Disney build a Marvel Superhero ride. They own all of the rights to these characters, and at IoA, they have a whole land themed to Marvel Superheros.

I personally think that the GMR sould stay the same, but with some newer movies added.

Chad

Amen! Preach on wolfboy!
The GMR ride should NEVEr be touched...I think we've moved off the idea of Marvel, and are toying with the multiple path idea..I think scan man was just wishing he could've built that, We both know the rights are taken, but this board isn;t here for arguing about rights, now is it?

I think this sort of technology could be used for a ride about the new 'Final Fantasy' movie, though I haven't seen it, it might have the premises for a good ride, that is, if its a hit movie

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Chad
Amen! Preach on wolfboy!
The GMR ride should NEVEr be touched...I think we've moved off the idea of Marvel, and are toying with the multiple path idea..I think scan man was just wishing he could've built that, We both know the rights are taken, but this board isn;t here for arguing about rights, now is it?

I think this sort of technology could be used for a ride about the new 'Final Fantasy' movie, though I haven't seen it, it might have the premises for a good ride, that is, if its a hit movie

well I think they should a mickey fighting in the villians. like he does in fantasmic. U good have alot of effects in thisd ride and it would be pretty good also.

woofboy111

If Disney does put in Mickey fighting the villans, I wouldn't want the whole ride to be this way. I wouldn't mind having one or two scenes like this though. The rest of the Disney movies in the ride would work well too (but not all animated...all types of movies).

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 312

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom