Spider-Man Upgrades

JT3000

Original Poster
I haven't been to the park to confirm this, but I'm hearing that they've begun a switch to digital projections, vastly improving the ride's picture quality. So far, only a few scenes are digital, but I would imagine they have a full conversion in mind. The difference between new and old is supposedly pretty obvious. This update is a long time coming, as the picture was starting to look very fuzzy & dated. Elsewhere, there are new flat screen TV's in the queue. They may have more planned, and this could possibly be part of the announcements planned for the 19th. We'll see.

Mr Bill

It's a nice upgrade that I'm looking forward to seeing, but I'm 99% sure it's not going to be the focus of the 5/19 announcement, though they might mention it.

cheezbat

It's a nice upgrade that I'm looking forward to seeing, but I'm 99% sure it's not going to be the focus of the 5/19 announcement, though they might mention it.

Yeah I think the announcement is probably going to be for two attractions at Universal Studios, not Islands. The replacement of Jimmy Neutron is one, and I'm thinking maybe additions to Men In Black for next year since the new movie is coming out??? That, or some kind of upgrade to Disaster?

Also, I was at Islands of Adventure last week and you could definitely tell the difference between the new projection upgrades in comparison to the old footage. HUGE improvement!

JohnnyDollaz89

I think they should just upgrade all the scenes and make it more new, dont get me wrong i love the ride its one of my favorites but new villians and videos would be awesome

JT3000

Original Poster
What's happening on the 19th?

A (supposedly major) announcement, involving Jimmy Nuetron's replacement... and who knows what else. I've heard rumblings of several possible greenlit projects, but it's anyone's guess what they'll actually announce.

FLYbyNITE

A (supposedly major) announcement, involving Jimmy Nuetron's replacement... and who knows what else. I've heard rumblings of several possible greenlit projects, but it's anyone's guess what they'll actually announce.

Thanks! Will be looking forward to some good news.

Mr Bill

I was at the parks this morning, you can definitely tell which scenes have been updated and which haven't, the picture is MUCH clearer.

celluloid

Any idea when (or if) Spiderman will be closing for the updates?

Probably little actual daily downtime(if any)

It is not known or confirmed yet to the general public if it will. If they do it will be mostly to tweak the timing of the ride vehicles with the 3D and the squinching(for those that don't know, the constant changing of the imagrey's angle so the 3D can still seem like it is there and not just following your vehicle). The projectors are already being upgraded to the digital ones they will be using, so it may be as simple as just changing over the software to the new animations.

If there is downtime I would not worry about it until at least after the summer.

dave&di

It is not known or confirmed yet to the general public if it will. If they do it will be mostly to tweak the timing of the ride vehicles with the 3D and the squinching(for those that don't know, the constant changing of the imagrey's angle so the 3D can still seem like it is there and not just following your vehicle). The projectors are already being upgraded to the digital ones they will be using, so it may be as simple as just changing over the software to the new animations.

If there is downtime I would not worry about it until at least after the summer.

Hope not, I'm there Sept 2012 :eek:

Thanks for that, hopefully everything should be ok for September this year, I love Spidy!

celluloid

Thanks for that, hopefully everything should be ok for September this year, I love Spidy!

I wish I and others knew more. Glad it was helpful! I have yet to meet anyone who can honestly tell me it is not the greatest, or one of their favorite theme park rides ever. So much detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom